Return to India

Kurrodu1

22 hours ago, pakeer_saab said:

best time to leave to India is after one gets citizenship, by then kids will get the best education in US and will have both options (India or US or elsewhere to choose)

by then one should gain management experience, 50's lo India lo management lo settle avvadam kastamemi kaadu that too with US citizenship

lonely/depression is a state of mind, if one is not happy when along can never be truly happy when others are around

loneliness comes when you dont know what to do with your time, first learn to deal with it wherever you are

Naku bore kottadu and am never lonely. 

I agree GC unte oka experiment la short term stay chesi decide avochu. But my GC priority 2015, chooddam adrustam mailbox ni tadutundemo. 

2 hours ago, Rushabhi said:

Two cases in my opinion 

1. Go back to India when kids are small. So they can assimilate in schools. And you can get a decent job when still young. And you have time with your older relatives 

2. Go back to India in 50s after earning here and setup decent retirement income. Your kids will not accompany you since they are used to US culture. But you can retire in India.

Either way do not expect kids to stay with you or near you. They may stay wherever they want. Didn’t we make a choice to leave our parents as well?

Kids small unnapudu povatam is best otherwise vaallu gola chestaru. 

Kids staying in near is gone case for our generation. My thinking is mana old age lo kids USA ki vacheste we can still move here if needed to stay close to kids and grand kids. 

Mana parents ki English vachi outgoing aithe its a game changer you know. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2022 at 4:12 PM, Aamphat said:

Dude, I have around 10c with passive income of 1.9 lacs per month. naake bayamestundi move avvalante

On 12/12/2022 at 4:29 PM, stag said:

na financial position kuda almost @Aamphat bro cheppinatte undhi, but I am still afraid to go back bro.. endhukante last year oka 6 months unna India lo.

normal ga every year oka 1 month or 6 weeks ki velthe chuttalu andharu 1 or 2 times kalustharu.. kalisinappudu only happy environment undedhi.. eesari 6 months kosam poyam kabatti intlo aadolla panchayithulu ekkuva ainai.. once those start, you cannot concentrate on anything man..

last year varaku oka thought undedi naku.. monthly 3 lakhs passive income touch aina next day ikkada anni ammeskoni 1 way flight ekkutha ani.. after last year's experience okati fix aina.. dooranga unte prema lu atlane untai.. manasuku prashanthanga untadi.. ye lollilu lekunda.. 

parents ni anthaga miss aithunna anukunte yearlu 1 time poyetodini 2 times poyi ostha.. inka kavalante valle ochi few months undi veltharu.. but going back is not an option for me anymore. ee immigration valle meda patti nookesthe em cheyyalemu kani voluntary ga aithe poyedhi le

Meru passive income 2lac/mo vachela em invest chesaru. 

@Aamphat why afraid to move vayya? I am curious.

@stag aadolla panchayithulu ante 2 examples? what else bothered you while in India?

41 minutes ago, Kurrodu1 said:

Honestly I never observed pollution. How much our life get affected by it. 

Bachelors lo galiki thirigam. Peli time ki USA. apudapudu 1month trips. Does pollution is really that bad and can be a decision maker for moving to India?

Bad air quality and pollution matters. I have been to india recently , literally all time  I felt powdery sand on my skin . The same house, the same locality , the same area but more pollution. more pollution bad air quality leads to health issues. I am happy to live in suburbs of usa or villages of usa but not cities in india

• Upvote 1

Since you already have lands worth 3crores, just buy your target apartment to live in on loan right away. Move to India when you have paid it off and have another 40-50 lakhs for updating the apartment, car, first one year unexpected costs.

you lands will keep appreciating as good asset.

Don’t overthink more than that. If you move and end up not liking it, just come back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Kurrodu1 said:

Meru passive income 2lac/mo vachela em invest chesaru. 

@Aamphat why afraid to move vayya? I am curious.

@stag aadolla panchayithulu ante 2 examples? what else bothered you while in India?

90k rent 4 apartments. one apt parents staying. rest from Bonds, NCD's and FD's

• Thanks 1

No one like you to escape the bonded labour and be free.Take up the decision.Quickly earn the money and set up everything for you in india and jump back and live a minimal life with u intelligence.Bet on your intelligence not on other peoples opinion.Need not be india,it could be any country,plan for retirement where you can manage life with retirement.how long someone is going to work??? life long?Does anyone has a plan about how long they have  to work?None will have.No one has any clarity.One says pollution, one says 100 Crores.Do what u feel like.There are opportunities in duabi if we need money, we can work from dubai or Qatar for sometime too which is tax free and close to india. learn equities and long term investing while in US.India has huge potential of growth.leran investing in india equities and US equities.have a mindset of diversifying the investment across various countries mostly emergingcountries.Brazil and Africa.Set Up a house first in Tier 2 town even and go in a big way in investing.Try to get freedom for your kids atleast.Teach kids to live a minimal life and enjoy life.

This message is for everyone.Get a life and be free and enjoy life.Earn and invest quickly. look for opportunities. Live a minimalistic life.have a chilled life everyone where ever you can.Life with insecurities is not at all a life.

The problem with humans is, once they get some wealth, they show off and spoil the peoples mind and make them crazy.We should never do this.Chill yourself and make other chill.Dont make others depress.

• Upvote 2

This year trip showed me that i have some amazing school friends and a few (not many) cousins I can trust… 

i was hesitant to connect the last few years but since this year was a longer india trip - i am reconnected to my blood brothers 

i am really grateful that i have them because they gave me confidence that I can return anytime I want to. And these are friends/cousins who I know more than 20 years.

1 hour ago, sreeeeeeee said:

No one like you to escape the bonded labour and be free.Take up the decision.Quickly earn the money and set up everything for you in india and jump back and live a minimal life with u intelligence.Bet on your intelligence not on other peoples opinion.Need not be india,it could be any country,plan for retirement where you can manage life with retirement.how long someone is going to work??? life long?Does anyone has a plan about how long they have  to work?None will have.No one has any clarity.One says pollution, one says 100 Crores.Do what u feel like.There are opportunities in duabi if we need money, we can work from dubai or Qatar for sometime too which is tax free and close to india. learn equities and long term investing while in US.India has huge potential of growth.leran investing in india equities and US equities.have a mindset of diversifying the investment across various countries mostly emergingcountries.Brazil and Africa.Set Up a house first in Tier 2 town even and go in a big way in investing.Try to get freedom for your kids atleast.Teach kids to live a minimal life and enjoy life.

This message is for everyone.Get a life and be free and enjoy life.Earn and invest quickly. look for opportunities. Live a minimalistic life.have a chilled life everyone where ever you can.Life with insecurities is not at all a life.

The problem with humans is, once they get some wealth, they show off and spoil the peoples mind and make them crazy.We should never do this.Chill yourself and make other chill.Dont make others depress.

Yes.i agree.  

This is an emotional topic. But when you have financial independence- borders don’t matter.

13 hours ago, pakeer_saab said:

there is difference between personal connections and professional connections

if one does not know what to do at 50, they must have wasted their precious time on useless things

at 50, once can even go back to Business school and start over

50's gives a lot of freedom only when you have managed to save enough for kid's education and nothing beyond

anything more given to kids beyond education will mean making them useless in life

for those who just live to accumulate for their kids, life is never easy for them

What if one does not want kids?

On 12/12/2022 at 3:23 PM, Kurrodu1 said:

Myan 12+ yrs aithandi US vachi. Savings peddaga em lev. Life here pretty much routine aipoindi. After kids USA life suthila undi. Kaneesam India lo family madyalo unte bagundu anipistondi.

No GC here, married 1 kid 4yrs old. Single salary. India lo 3cr lands unnai. 

Lead Java backend developer with cloud tech profile.

Madi pretty much middle class life style India lo. No car. sleeper class train or bus journeys, decent school for kids. 

India move avvalante entha savings kavali myan and salary wise entha unte comfortable ga undochu.

Meku telisina Cons cheppandi, NRIs india move aithe if there are any. Pros I already know.  

con: Relatives and neighbors will fruck you up with comparisons. 

19 hours ago, Kurrodu1 said:

Naku bore kottadu and am never lonely. 

I agree GC unte oka experiment la short term stay chesi decide avochu. But my GC priority 2015, chooddam adrustam mailbox ni tadutundemo. 

2015 and beyond PD folks can easily make the decision to go back if they want, I don't think it's worth waiting for 10-15 in current climate

one can easily do better than waiting for GC for 10+ years, career progression gets screwed up due to H1 limitations

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, pakeer_saab said:

2015 and beyond PD folks can easily make the decision to go back if they want, I don't think it's worth waiting for 10-15 in current climate

one can easily do better than waiting for GC for 10+ years, career progression gets screwed up due to H1 limitations

This I agree with

On 12/12/2022 at 2:23 PM, Kurrodu1 said:

Myan 12+ yrs aithandi US vachi. Savings peddaga em lev. Life here pretty much routine aipoindi. After kids USA life suthila undi. Kaneesam India lo family madyalo unte bagundu anipistondi.

No GC here, married 1 kid 4yrs old. Single salary. India lo 3cr lands unnai. 

Lead Java backend developer with cloud tech profile.

Madi pretty much middle class life style India lo. No car. sleeper class train or bus journeys, decent school for kids. 

India move avvalante entha savings kavali myan and salary wise entha unte comfortable ga undochu.

Meku telisina Cons cheppandi, NRIs india move aithe if there are any. Pros I already know.  

Your so lucky go lead a good meaningful life, ekkada manam chasthe no one will care okka rip postllu thappa