retirement life in india/usa ..pros n cons

hydusguy

5 minutes ago, hydusguy said:

ya most of us.. will be citizensby then.. india lo aite living cost takkuva

Cost of living emundi I dont think you would worry about cost of living much at age 67 cause ssn pay check + 401k/other withdrawl (if you have any) would be more than enough for your expenses. Of course you need to work in prime age and save minimals in 401k or other investments.

all you need is 2 round trip air tickets + health insurance + food expenses = 30k/yr (for a couple) in current market value. Place to stay should be planned accordingly, own house or rented house ani. Rented house aithe 50k/yr 

Latest ga retirement groups lo nenu vintunnadi, all of them want to settle down in some european country like portugal or spain via the investment citizenship concept. The public health care system is good and the cost of living is very less. Idhi kotta fad anukunta. Deenni implement chesina vallu inka tagalledu kaani, visa konukkunna batch ayite unnaru already. All of them already have US citizenship though.

4 minutes ago, RSUCHOU said:

Latest ga retirement groups lo nenu vintunnadi, all of them want to settle down in some european country like portugal or spain via the investment citizenship concept. The public health care system is good and the cost of living is very less. Idhi kotta fad anukunta. Deenni implement chesina vallu inka tagalledu kaani, visa konukkunna batch ayite unnaru already. All of them already have US citizenship though.

I think many us citizens are doing that coz in Europe you ll get a decent house in 50k and mansion with 300k I heard. 

retirement ki inka chaala time undi...so by then u never know how world advances...mainly India for sure. This century belongs to India and China...so living life style anni change avthundi inko 20+yrs ki.

Coming to health insurance - India lo kuda ippudu pretty common kada...my parents have good insurnace and it covers almost 90% of bills...both are diabetic etc etc. Only thing is, ikkada Medicare option untadi (dont know how it works), India lo maname konali. 

Last 2+ decades lo mana desis (mainly mana telugu vallu) chaala mandhi vacharu kada US ki....I dont know how many of them are getting close to their retirement..so currently we dont know the pattern. Inko few yrs ki mana Sr NRI's retire aithe, appudu valla trend ento manaku idea vasthundi...so by 2030 we will get lots of first hand  information from within our close circles. Chudam how things shape up....but I do feel retiring outside US will be the thing anukunta for desis in future(India or Europe etc) 

16 minutes ago, Kurrodu1 said:

Cost of living emundi I dont think you would worry about cost of living much at age 67 cause ssn pay check + 401k/other withdrawl (if you have any) would be more than enough for your expenses. Of course you need to work in prime age and save minimals in 401k or other investments.

all you need is 2 round trip air tickets + health insurance + food expenses = 30k/yr (for a couple) in current market value. Place to stay should be planned accordingly, own house or rented house ani. Rented house aithe 50k/yr 

contractors ki 401k lu aemuntay

2 minutes ago, no01 said:

retirement ki inka chaala time undi...so by then u never know how world advances...mainly India for sure. This century belongs to India and China...so living life style anni change avthundi inko 20+yrs ki.

Coming to health insurance - India lo kuda ippudu pretty common kada...my parents have good insurnace and it covers almost 90% of bills...both are diabetic etc etc. Only thing is, ikkada Medicare option untadi (dont know how it works), India lo maname konali. 

Last 2+ decades lo mana desis (mainly mana telugu vallu) chaala mandhi vacharu kada US ki....I dont know how many of them are getting close to their retirement..so currently we dont know the pattern. Inko few yrs ki mana Sr NRI's retire aithe, appudu valla trend ento manaku idea vasthundi...so by 2030 we will get lots of first hand  information from within our close circles. Chudam how things shape up....but I do feel retiring outside US will be the thing anukunta for desis in future(India or Europe etc) 

Ikkada inni years work chesi alavatu padi india lo retire kashtam avacchu aa time ki. Quality of living. Ikkada accident aithe 2 mins lo ambulance and police vastadu india lo Hyderbad lo kuda 2 hours aina raadu evadu

1 minute ago, KGFsutthi said:

Ikkada inni years work chesi alavatu padi india lo retire kashtam avacchu aa time ki. Quality of living. Ikkada accident aithe 2 mins lo ambulance and police vastadu india lo Hyderbad lo kuda 2 hours aina raadu evadu

You've your siblings

You'll have friends 

You can go to temples, movies, bars :P anywhere you want and live like a king but health insurance kastam as I said earlier

India is already world's most populous country. With no population control measures in sight, I think, by the time you guys retire, India's population will easily cross 2 Billion. It's already 1.45 Billion. Another 5 years for 1.5 Billion.

Not only will there not be enough food for consumption, but also water will be scarce. Drinking water will become a luxury. Needless to say about fall in standards of living. So you all will probably settle in US or wherever outside maybe even Afghanistan.

India will not be a place for retirement. 

2 minutes ago, JANASENA said:

You've your siblings

You'll have friends 

You can go to temples, movies, bars :P anywhere you want and live like a king but health insurance kastam as I said earlier

India lo ambulance ee area ki aina minimum one to two hours after accident  even in hyd, usa lo 2 mins bro they can even use helicopter based on urgency 

9 minutes ago, JANASENA said:

You've your siblings

You'll have friends 

health insurance plans baane unnay ind8a lo

• Upvote 1