Housing market and frustrated husband

bankris

Why not rent a single family house for a year in the neighborhood they want to buy, and see how it goes.. Even if one buys a house, the first couple of years of mortgage goes as interest and very little goes for principal.. Same as renting.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bankris said:

Dbains,

An acquaintance of me feeling dejected looking at the housing market. Added to this, his wife is after him to buy a house in these crazy times when the mortgage rates are at peak. They are a family with two toddlers and a family income of about $220K. His wife wants a house in Atlanta area where the prices are north of 500K even for a basic house. What do you all suggest? do you want him to wait or go ahead and buy the house? They recently purchased a very big property in India and so have very less cash in hand right now. 

I personally asked him to wait for couple of years and continue in rental property. But, he is being tortured by his wife to move into a single-family home. With two toddlers, their 2bed 2 bath apartment is very inconvenient is what her frustration point. 

Please flow your opinions here....

buying a lost cost town home is not a bad option thier case also...

5 hours ago, bankris said:

Dbains,

An acquaintance of me feeling dejected looking at the housing market. Added to this, his wife is after him to buy a house in these crazy times when the mortgage rates are at peak. They are a family with two toddlers and a family income of about $220K. His wife wants a house in Atlanta area where the prices are north of 500K even for a basic house. What do you all suggest? do you want him to wait or go ahead and buy the house? They recently purchased a very big property in India and so have very less cash in hand right now. 

I personally asked him to wait for couple of years and continue in rental property. But, he is being tortured by his wife to move into a single-family home. With two toddlers, their 2bed 2 bath apartment is very inconvenient is what her frustration point. 

my acquaintance says regardless of external conditions if ur acquaintance is not feeling comfortable he shudnt buy.. gut feeling tho vellamanu 

Dbains,

Other option is renting a SImgle family home 3b 3b 3500 sqft 

5 hours ago, Spartan said:

ikkada 220K to bay area lo ne nadustundi..1M home ki..

me odu 500K ki bayapadite ela vayya

220K salary ki million illu ante inka emi food tintaru, emi battalu vesukuntaru.

Dbains,

Miru eh technologies bhayya $220k packages vasthunai $150k ne ledu naku

220k salary ki konnocchuuu. As long as they are very sure about their job situation. Job ki emainaaa ayithe in laws are accountable ani wife ki cheppamanuuu. Set ayithadhiii vaunty. 

2 toddlers inn2 bedroom very uncomfortable for bumchicks too. Better move to single family and tell your friend to put a condition to his wife only if full bumchicks are entertained in new house with no conditions.