Skills of laid off employees

Pandubabu

On 1/26/2023 at 3:46 PM, bankris said:

thambi nuvvu gitla scruum master aaa yendi? antha feel ayinav? no personal feelings yaar. I've seen so many scruum masters.. except for talking, there is no use. atleast in the organization i work., they have no technical skill.. no business knowlege.. except for co-ordinating meetings nothing else....we've lived many years without those roles and we can live without them ...

Scrum masters are the worst in my org.

On 1/26/2023 at 2:46 PM, bankris said:

thambi nuvvu gitla scruum master aaa yendi? antha feel ayinav? no personal feelings yaar. I've seen so many scruum masters.. except for talking, there is no use. atleast in the organization i work., they have no technical skill.. no business knowlege.. except for co-ordinating meetings nothing else....we've lived many years without those roles and we can live without them ...

In general, full-time role of a SM will be to have him use / run 4 medium-sized scrum teams. If the company is not making use of that, then the company is at the loss of not making use of the resource.

On 1/23/2023 at 1:53 AM, Pandubabu said:

Most of the laid off employees are

HR

Recruiting

Data Analyst / architect / scientist 

Ee data analysts work enti ?

Mainly Manual testing… useless role. Even automation testers also not needed now a days

On 1/29/2023 at 8:31 PM, Ragisankati said:

Anna scrum masters ki masth Pani cheyalani untadhi..endhi touch chesina edhi nuv cheyadam kastam..aa dhi nee org kadu..akkada em cheyaddu..ani cheppi cheppi...manchi role ni kampu chesharu... Only coordination kosam ithe degree odni pettachu kada anna.. engineer avasarama..

Scrum master is a very critical role if working in an Agile environment. They are the glue between IT Teams and Business teams. Unfortunately not many people understand and do not perform this role well. Edo kanichestu untaaru. Hungma tappite pedda contribution undadu. 

But I have seen and worked with excellent Scrum Masters as well who bring a of of value to the team. 

3 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Scrum master is a very critical role if working in an Agile environment. They are the glue between IT Teams and Business teams. Unfortunately not many people understand and do not perform this role well. Edo kanichestu untaaru. Hungma tappite pedda contribution undadu. 

But I have seen and worked with excellent Scrum Masters as well who bring a of of value to the team. 

Only 10% are worth.

Scrum master title should be eliminated.

• Upvote 1

Just now, krishnaaa said:

Only 10% are worth.

Scrum master title should be eliminated.

During layoffs, these are the roles that are prioritized to be eliminated because of nature of job and less impact to business operations. 

For big organizations with complex business org structure, these are needed esp good ones.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, krishnaaa said:

Scrum Masters make the business complex.

We always performed much better with more creative ideas whenever scrum master wasn't  there.

Job satisfaction and performance dropped when scrum master entered the picture. They are glorified chamchas to enable micro management.

correct bhayya...unnecessary overheads create chestaru on top of work what we do...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

We (IT team) work very well with the business team and have been so for more than a decade now. These scruum masters came in between now... and spoiled everything.. They think they will be added value.. Forget about glue, they have become a headache to everyone.. unnecessary process overhead to business and us IT. no one likes that scruum master role. No value add atleast in our business. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, krishnaaa said:

Scrum Masters make the business complex.

We always performed much better with more creative ideas whenever scrum master wasn't  there.

Job satisfaction and performance dropped when scrum master entered the picture. They are glorified chamchas to enable micro management.

Jiras status everyday for databases project is horrible 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bankris said:

We (IT team) work very well with the business team and have been so for more than a decade now. These scruum masters came in between now... and spoiled everything.. They think they will be added value.. Forget about glue, they have become a headache to everyone.. unnecessary process overhead to business and us IT. no one likes that scruum master role. No value add atleast in our business. 

Absolutely agree with you. What you mentioned is true in most cases. However, I have been part of teams with good Scrum masters who brought a lot of value.

1 hour ago, argadorn said:

Jiras status everyday for databases project is horrible 

That's the problem for most organizations. People do not understand that Scrum does not work for all situations/teams/projects. Gorrela manda paddattu..they want to fit everything into Agile.