work work work - relelentless work

Telugodura456

18 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

i am not talking about FIRE and all that. I am taking about general person who comes to america and thinks he made it ..but the realization that most have to work till 65 is man sooooo dissapointing. unless some lucky stock which is almost like a lottery.

Asalu nuvvu vomerica ki ee hopes tho vachav cheppu Telugusodhara?

You can retire early, You need planning. 

3 minutes ago, Sanjiv said:

Why should anyone expect to retire early when most Americans don't get to retire until 67? Did you get wrong info before you moved to USA that you can retire early in USA?

Appreciate the high quality of life and a proper system in USA because it is a fully developed country. You go to Maine, Wyoming, Dakotas... you'll find the exact same infrastructure.

Everything else is secondary.

retirement is personal choice kadha bro , because americans not retire ani manam kuda postpone chesukolem kadha .... people want to retire early if they stuck in a job that they don't like or wrong field etc... which drain their mental and physical energy .... but we don't come out because we depends on month on month salary , you can retire early and still enjoy american life 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FrustratedVuncle said:

hmm that is the problem bro. Aithe Ipudu nuvvu edi nijam cheptunnavo nammatam kastam :giggle:.

Anyway stocks and REITs lo invest chesi retirement ki daggarlo unnav anukunte amayakatvame. You have to monitor them very cautiously. You never know which ship is going to drown and you might just come to beginning all of sudden.

Not saying you are not cautious but you are on hunch. I hope your strategy and patience prevails at the end. 

I agree , I can't depend on those stocks / REITs and those are market risk , but I have no plan to take that money in next 10-15 years I am ready for even 20-30% down , still I can retire with that . Those investments are in USA , I have few investments in India and now I stopped investing in India. 

same thought bhayya.

working in IT till 62 is draining both mentally and physically. max is 50.

unless you plan early in life for retirement by 40 or 45, this is not possible.

Pellam, high school pilla lu , health insurance are main obstacles . I interact with elderly in office, none sounds happy or satisfied but they don't say it out.  their kids seems to have good career remaining things are all upside down.

Unless you are born in filthy rich family or you make retirement plans in 20s and able to execute that plan or hit jackpot. we(middle class) had to work till 60 ,62 even with wife is working either in india or usa

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ramudu said:

I agree , I can't depend on those stocks / REITs and those are market risk , but I have no plan to take that money in next 10-15 years I am ready for even 20-30% down , still I can retire with that . Those investments are in USA , I have few investments in India and now I stopped investing in India. 

thats bold statement. Glad you made it Rama. how early you started investing?

2 minutes ago, FrustratedVuncle said:

thats bold statement. Glad you made it Rama. how early you started investing?

almost 13 years and RSUs , I strictly follow no FOMO and if I like a company to invest , I wait for opportunity,  sometime I wait months/year , also I am not targeting $10 millions unrealistic target ,

I follow 7 / 4 rule  .... average returns on investments is 7% ( based on 100 years historical data) , so on those 7% return , I should able to use only 4% for my yearly expenses and remaining 3% should re-invest back to cover inflation ..... if you able to live your life with 60K per year , all you need is around 2 million to retire and keep that money in market to work for you  

2 hours ago, ramudu said:

almost 13 years and RSUs , I strictly follow no FOMO and if I like a company to invest , I wait for opportunity,  sometime I wait months/year , also I am not targeting $10 millions unrealistic target ,

I follow 7 / 4 rule  .... average returns on investments is 7% ( based on 100 years historical data) , so on those 7% return , I should able to use only 4% for my yearly expenses and remaining 3% should re-invest back to cover inflation ..... if you able to live your life with 60K per year , all you need is around 2 million to retire and keep that money in market to work for you  

nice..my ROI target is 24% but I may end up somewhere around 15-20%

ఈ corporate culture , stress చూసినోల్లకి ఎవరికైనా వచ్చే ఆలోచనే…ఈ early retirement…

ఈ corporate culture లో వచ్చే రోగాలు bp, diabetes లే కాకుండా…కొత్త కొత్త మానసిక రోగాలు imposter syndrome, monday syndrome, friday afternoon syndrome, corpal tunnel syndrome, tension neck syndrome…(ఇంకా ఉన్నాయి కుప్పలు కుప్పలుగా…WMSD అని google చేస్తే తెలుస్తాయి)

సరే ఇన్ని భాదలు ఎందుకు resign చేద్దామా అంటే …family responsibilities….ఉంటాయి..

early retirement అంటే ఏ పని చేయకుండా కూర్చోటంకాదు…మనసుకి నచ్చిన పని చేసుకోవటం…ఈ corporate politics కన్నా ఏదైనా బెటరే..అది వంటైనా..ఊర్లో వ్యవసాయం అయినా…

నిజంగా early retirement అవ్వాలనుకునే వారు…కొత్తగా responsibilities పెట్టకోకుండా ఉన్న responsibilities ని proper గా ప్లాన్ చేసుకుంటే…మంచిది…i mean to say luxury buyings on loan just for the sake of having luxury…

అందుకే ఒక target డేట్ పెట్టుకుని second skill or some business skill నెర్చుకోవాలి…family responsibilities కి కూడా ఒక ప్లాన్ చేసుకోవాలి….ఇది చేయడం చెప్పినంత easy కాదు…

just my opinion….

15 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

ఈ corporate culture , stress చూసినోల్లకి ఎవరికైనా వచ్చే ఆలోచనే…ఈ early retirement…

ఈ corporate culture లో వచ్చే రోగాలు bp, diabetes లే కాకుండా…కొత్త కొత్త మానసిక రోగాలు imposter syndrome, monday syndrome, friday afternoon syndrome, corpal tunnel syndrome, tension neck syndrome…(ఇంకా ఉన్నాయి కుప్పలు కుప్పలుగా…WMSD అని google చేస్తే తెలుస్తాయి)

సరే ఇన్ని భాదలు ఎందుకు resign చేద్దామా అంటే …family responsibilities….ఉంటాయి..

early retirement అంటే ఏ పని చేయకుండా కూర్చోటంకాదు…మనసుకి నచ్చిన పని చేసుకోవటం…ఈ corporate politics కన్నా ఏదైనా బెటరే..అది వంటైనా..ఊర్లో వ్యవసాయం అయినా…

నిజంగా early retirement అవ్వాలనుకునే వారు…కొత్తగా responsibilities పెట్టకోకుండా ఉన్న responsibilities ని proper గా ప్లాన్ చేసుకుంటే…మంచిది…i mean to say luxury buyings on loan just for the sake of having luxury…

అందుకే ఒక target డేట్ పెట్టుకుని second skill or some business skill నెర్చుకోవాలి…family responsibilities కి కూడా ఒక ప్లాన్ చేసుకోవాలి….ఇది చేయడం చెప్పినంత easy కాదు…

just my opinion….

+1

50 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Interacting with seniors, I felt that some amount of work is required to stay healthy mentally. May not be IT but something that interests us

Like entivi lisy veste will plan accordingly.

6 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

most people cannot afford retirement unless they work to 65 or 67.

mari yendhi america ko vacchi benefit . I havent taken a single vacation in 3 years other than my acl surgery and one or two days in long weekend.

It is true that retirement can be a challenging prospect for many people, and that working longer can be a way to better prepare financially for it. However, it is important to remember that there are other factors that can impact retirement planning, such as access to retirement savings plans and investments, health care costs, and other expenses.

As for the benefits of coming to the USA for immigrants, there are many factors that can vary depending on individual circumstances. Some potential benefits could include access to better job opportunities, higher wages, and a higher standard of living compared to their home country. However, it is important to remember that working relentlessly without taking breaks or vacations can have negative impacts on both physical and mental health. It is important to prioritize self-care and work-life balance, even while working hard to achieve financial goals

6 hours ago, ramudu said:

Your investments in retirement accounts? If yes then 59 tharuvatha only  you can pull without fines

if not retirement accounts then last one year example thessukunte it is down a lot to get back to that level Atleast another year — so 7% return how ya?

say 100k salary — 4% means 4k for expenses? 

4 hours ago, k2s said:

It is true that retirement can be a challenging prospect for many people, and that working longer can be a way to better prepare financially for it. However, it is important to remember that there are other factors that can impact retirement planning, such as access to retirement savings plans and investments, health care costs, and other expenses.

As for the benefits of coming to the USA for immigrants, there are many factors that can vary depending on individual circumstances. Some potential benefits could include access to better job opportunities, higher wages, and a higher standard of living compared to their home country. However, it is important to remember that working relentlessly without taking breaks or vacations can have negative impacts on both physical and mental health. It is important to prioritize self-care and work-life balance, even while working hard to achieve financial goals

chat gpt lo pettava ?

• Upvote 1