Planning to buy a motor cycle . Anything I should be aware ?

Pandubabu

5 hours ago, Pandubabu said:

MT-03 , CB300 , sv650 ala oka 4-5 models thinking. 

Ready to spend upto 7k.

Cheppandi abbailu , anything I should be aware of ?

Primarily for commute 

Depends on the type of riding you want to do and your comfort level bro. If you need for local commuting and once in a while interstate, similar to what Kakatiya bro mentioned earlier i would suggest a smaller bike like enfield himalayan or something in the 300-400 cc range and suggest getting a used one. you can find bikes under 3k on market place and CL.

Once you get comfortable with US roads then you will have lot of options to upgrade to. Also if you have a license better to rent a few times on sites like ridershare or twisted road. You can find rentals with full gear listed which we can rent.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

yaa...aa bro bike skills o range lo vunnai...i saw this yesterday...

Ee video series maa brother gropro di bro. Me and my dad were on the other motorcycle He is a very good rider. Covered most of the places in India on motorcycle.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jefferson1 said:

Be careful man , interstate meeda don’t ride until you are good in driving . 

helmet /jacket /shoes are compulsory. Don’t drive jn night if you are beginner 

Interstate is easy.. local roads and state highways are difficult.. no one expects a bike and cars are very close.. 

7 hours ago, kakatiya said:

For multi purpose ..like off-road and as well as short distance in freeway..I suggest below..I live in area with too many potholes..so the below are best choice for 7000 price range 

Honda cb300r
 Kawasaki z400
 YZF-R3
Suzuki gixxer
 X300
Benelli TRK502X
 Benelli 302s

For adventure and long trips cruisers are best.  And they r expensive .

For time pass ..cafe racers in Amazon for 2000 $ are not bad to use and throw .after few years of use .if you live in Texas or warm places..

And better to buy used bikes for cheap for first time 

I had Honda CBR 300..for occasional fun riding and I used to commute once a week for 24 miles was good..recently sold and got Ninja N400 recently enjoying it decent amount of time in texas weather 

• Upvote 1

Avasaramaaa adhyakshaaa? One bad day is all you need. India lo masth nadipinchinammm gaaa. Inkaaa appetite ayipoledhaaa? Safety first. I wouldn’t recommend it on any streets with a speed limit over 55. Also big nope if there is lot of black ice or fog conditions 

20 hours ago, Pandubabu said:

Ready to spend upto 7k.

Primarily for commute 

Yes.. u will ride for cpl of months and u won’t take it out of garage after that .. after 1 year u will regret badly! Exp tho cheputhunna

1 hour ago, Charger said:

triumph street twin ela untadi @jobless 

900 is a good and predictably handling bike bro. One of my friend has it. Not sure about 1200. Again totally depends on how confident are you and your commitment level. Price wise add min of 1000 on top of any bike to get good gear. 

Also if you plan on keeping it for long pay attention to service intervals and val e adjustment. For 900 its 10k miles oil change and 20k miles  valve adjustment so should be alright maintenance wise also. 

Checkout ridershare and rent it before you decide.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chammakchandra said:

Yes.. u will ride for cpl of months and u won’t take it out of garage after that .. after 1 year u will regret badly! Exp tho cheputhunna

Thanks Anna 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Pandubabu said:

Ready to spend upto 7k.

Primarily for commute 

Dont use mobile while driving…idhi