Planning to buy a motor cycle . Anything I should be aware ?

Pandubabu

6 hours ago, AFDB_Director said:

I got the 2023 speed twin 900.

1200 is bit heavier and taller. I was comfortable on 900. 

Go sit on bunch of bikes, get MSF course and certification and then as all pros mentioned rent for few times. 

not able to upload image, here is my bike: https://imgur.com/gallery/NFn4gDn

good one dude. Congratulations!

how was the ride quality and handling?

is it taller the 1200?

22 hours ago, Charger said:

good one dude. Congratulations!

how was the ride quality and handling?

is it taller the 1200?

Thank you!

Short local rides are a blast, yet to take it longer rides. Taking it a bit slow until first 600 miles service. 

1200 is 2" taller than 900.

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2023 at 5:02 PM, AFDB_Director said:

Thank you!

Short local rides are a blast, yet to take it longer rides. Taking it a bit slow until first 600 miles service. 

1200 is 2" taller than 900.

did you test ride the 1200?

i am in dilemma to choose 900 or 1200.

personally i liked 1200 but, i use only seasonal(from east coast, due to weather permit).

above 5 digit figure price for 1200.

@jobless throw some light. 

9 hours ago, Charger said:

personally i liked 1200 but, i use only seasonal(from east coast, due to weather permit).

Eventhough on the site they say speed twin 900 and 1200 weight the same As AFDB_director mentioned above 1200 seems to be a bit taller and little heavy than 900.

That being said for street ride i feel you could get used to any bike with a bit of practice.

I personally am 5'10" 170 lbs with 33" inseam and ride a gl1800 goldwing which weights 800lbs but not very top heavy due to engine design. Took me a few rides to get used to it but now i feel alright.

Important thing is not to be intimidated by what ever you get and putting in the time and practice to get comfortable.

Since you have a short riding season you shouldn't feel out of touch with what ever you get once the new season starts.

I would suggest a good test ride or renting it for a day bro if you have license and choosing it for yourself. 

Also lots of used options too which you can ride for a season and get rid of  without much loss if you don't like it. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jobless said:

Eventhough on the site they say speed twin 900 and 1200 weight the same As AFDB_director mentioned above 1200 seems to be a bit taller and little heavy than 900.

That being said for street ride i feel you could get used to any bike with a bit of practice.

I personally am 5'10" 170 lbs with 33" inseam and ride a gl1800 goldwing which weights 800lbs but not very top heavy due to engine design. Took me a few rides to get used to it but now i feel alright.

Important thing is not to be intimidated by what ever you get and putting in the time and practice to get comfortable.

Since you have a short riding season you shouldn't feel out of touch with what ever you get once the new season starts.

I would suggest a good test ride or renting it for a day bro if you have license and choosing it for yourself. 

Also lots of used options too which you can ride for a season and get rid of  without much loss if you don't like it. 

Ht thagginche option ledha, for 1200?

23 minutes ago, Charger said:

Ht thagginche option ledha, for 1200?

You can see if they offer a lower seat bro. Sometimes they offer a lowered suspension too or after market lowering kit but they all come at a cost. I couldn't find anything on their site though.

1200 is 31.9 and 900 is 30.1 inch so roughly 1.8 inches. 

On 2/23/2023 at 10:05 PM, Charger said:

I was in the same dilemma. I test rode both (in the store parking lot). 900 is a perfect fit for me, it's tailor made for me ane feeling vachindhi. 1200 is bit heavier and taller. I am 5' 6" and can flat foot 900. It's not at all important to flat foot if you're experienced rider. But it definitely builds confidence if you're new or getting back in to riding after many years like me.

Most important thing is India lo thopu motorcycle rider ane feeling vadhileyyali. The speed limits, rules etc are totally different here. 

You can lower the height of any motorcycle with after market parts. 

On 2/28/2023 at 3:28 PM, AFDB_Director said:

I was in the same dilemma. I test rode both (in the store parking lot). 900 is a perfect fit for me, it's tailor made for me ane feeling vachindhi. 1200 is bit heavier and taller. I am 5' 6" and can flat foot 900. It's not at all important to flat foot if you're experienced rider. But it definitely builds confidence if you're new or getting back in to riding after many years like me.

Most important thing is India lo thopu motorcycle rider ane feeling vadhileyyali. The speed limits, rules etc are totally different here. 

On 2/24/2023 at 6:23 PM, jobless said:

You can see if they offer a lower seat bro. Sometimes they offer a lowered suspension too or after market lowering kit but they all come at a cost. I couldn't find anything on their site though.

1200 is 31.9 and 900 is 30.1 inch so roughly 1.8 inches. 

thnx bros, for ur response.

Last week i tried triumph trident, it is 31.7 inches and flatfoot for me.  i like the ride.

i think i ll go with 1200. is it looks bulky, i never saw outside. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charger said:

thnx bros, for ur response.

Last week i tried triumph trident, it is 31.7 inches and flatfoot for me.  i like the ride.

i think i ll go with 1200. is it looks bulky, i never saw outside. 

Check out Bonneville T120 black too. It's more classic looking 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 1:58 AM, AFDB_Director said:

nen 5'7" and can handle most of them bikes. Might get one this year, long rides and can get anywhere kind of bike is what i was looking at. 

• Upvote 1