Tesla Hardware 4

MonagallakiMonagadu

10 hours ago, macha said:

Unless your buying model X and s there is no difference…they we’re supposed to be only model X and s  first then to 3 and y

Good to know. Thank you 

16 hours ago, MonagallakiMonagadu said:

Ordered model Y on jan13 and delivery shows   March 1st week. Now with Tesla Hardware 4 coming up in next few months is it better to wait for new hardware or take delivery of exacting hardware 3 ? Any inputs from experts is greatly appreciated. 

check BMW and compare how TSLA is a crap, i would spend more on BMW rather than going for the crap with zero luxury

3 hours ago, pakeer_saab said:

check BMW and compare how TSLA is a crap, i would spend more on BMW rather than going for the crap with zero luxury

Apples to oranges...

Only other car to compare is VW ID 4 IMO.

Both are similar in interior quality - none of them are luxury 

1 hour ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Apples to oranges...

yeah wrong comparison...may be BMW fully EV vs Tesla cheyyochemo...dont know if BMW has full EV. 

2 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Apples to oranges...

you dont need apple, oranges, bananas to use common sense

at the end of the day, economics and comfort should drive decision making when it comes to cars

TSLA is miles behind BMW in luxury, oil prices dont stay high for too long, TSLA makes sense only for retards in CA where oil prices are too high

for those residing in States with low oil prices, EV does not give any advantage with respect to TCO over 6 yrs

2 hours ago, pakeer_saab said:

you dont need apple, oranges, bananas to use common sense

at the end of the day, economics and comfort should drive decision making when it comes to cars

TSLA is miles behind BMW in luxury, oil prices dont stay high for too long, TSLA makes sense only for retards in CA where oil prices are too high

for those residing in States with low oil prices, EV does not give any advantage with respect to TCO over 6 yrs

Have you driven both cars ? That too in the same price range - we are talking about 35k to 45k+ (before tax) given tax  credits for EV cars. 

BMW itself is not luxury , certainly in this price segment. They do have some nicer interiors (again , just slightly above what Tesla gives) - but even that is subjective. You are not getting true leather in BMW either. 

Oil prices are going to fluctuate a lot more than electricity prices - you need to accept that. 

Tesla interiors are bare bone, but I've seen lot of people just prefer that - it only has things you need to go from point A to point B. Whole driving experience is different. 

You sit, change gear and drive. Excellent visibility , awesome acceleration and quite and comfortable ride - excellent city car. (not good for highway and long distance - road noise and range anxiety are real concerns). 

Show me a comparable 35k car (compared to Model 3) which can compete with it. None in EV and not many in Gas. 

3 hours ago, no01 said:

yeah wrong comparison...may be BMW fully EV vs Tesla cheyyochemo...dont know if BMW has full EV. 

BMW has full ev. BMW can shine in luxury specs for those ev. But motor and battery durability lo they aren’t there yet like Tesla. People also have diff opinions about luxury. Some see looks as luxury. Some look at software and tech as luxury. It’s perspective. 

5 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Have you driven both cars ? That too in the same price range - we are talking about 35k to 45k+ (before tax) given tax  credits for EV cars. 

BMW itself is not luxury , certainly in this price segment. They do have some nicer interiors (again , just slightly above what Tesla gives) - but even that is subjective. You are not getting true leather in BMW either. 

Oil prices are going to fluctuate a lot more than electricity prices - you need to accept that. 

Tesla interiors are bare bone, but I've seen lot of people just prefer that - it only has things you need to go from point A to point B. Whole driving experience is different. 

You sit, change gear and drive. Excellent visibility , awesome acceleration and quite and comfortable ride - excellent city car. (not good for highway and long distance - road noise and range anxiety are real concerns). 

Show me a comparable 35k car (compared to Model 3) which can compete with it. None in EV and not many in Gas. 

I agree all.

But 35k.ekkada undi anna tesla.

Even modal 3 standard is 45k min

58 minutes ago, Sandy_14 said:

I agree all.

But 35k.ekkada undi anna tesla.

Even modal 3 standard is 45k min

Assuming you get tax credit of 7500. I didn't include the tax... Some states have additional incentives