Lifted from Indian expats group

ramabeer

I have my in-laws come over to help us handling baby. Initial days were cool as we had fun, chat, laughter. Lately things are turning worse - my MIL is a control freak and my FIL is confused, silly and can’t take decisions. They influence my wife to that extent she can’t speak for herself. I had an argument and I just spoke on their face - they can’t control me. If they want to - then I asked them to leave. Ever since that incident my wife is acting crazy, and I think they gang up on me once I’m out for errands. They don’t give me baby to spend dad time. It’s always my MIL who wants to handle the little one. I never expected all this which is impacting my mental health and I don’t feel like spending time at home. when I spoke to my mom she said to stay calm and this is all temporary. But, I feel they are involving way too much in our relationship. I’m waiting to kick them out!

8 minutes ago, ramabeer said:

I have my in-laws come over to help us handling baby. Initial days were cool as we had fun, chat, laughter. Lately things are turning worse - my MIL is a control freak and my FIL is confused, silly and can’t take decisions. They influence my wife to that extent she can’t speak for herself. I had an argument and I just spoke on their face - they can’t control me. If they want to - then I asked them to leave. Ever since that incident my wife is acting crazy, and I think they gang up on me once I’m out for errands. They don’t give me baby to spend dad time. It’s always my MIL who wants to handle the little one. I never expected all this which is impacting my mental health and I don’t feel like spending time at home. when I spoke to my mom she said to stay calm and this is all temporary. But, I feel they are involving way too much in our relationship. I’m waiting to kick them out!

Appears to be a more common problem in current generation. Not sure what happened to 90's and late 80's girl parents. They started owning SIL's and take them for granted while grooms parents cant claim the same with DIL, not even casual talk. Appaginthalu, mettinillu ane words ki meaning lekunda chesaru.

1 hour ago, akkum_bakkum said:

Appears to be a more common problem in current generation. Not sure what happened to 90's and late 80's girl parents. They started owning SIL's and take them for granted while grooms parents cant claim the same with DIL, not even casual talk. Appaginthalu, mettinillu ane words ki meaning lekunda chesaru.

@futureofandhra

1 hour ago, ramabeer said:

Sarle ani kid ni vadilesthe , maa amma nanne endini pencharu antaru.. you can't win with stupid ppl. Take a stand , kudarakapothe bye bye anthe .one life 

• Haha 1