Seattle caste based bill

Sucker

This seems to be HAF stand :

""I condemn in the strongest terms the ordinance passed by the Seattle City Council. Caste discrimination simply doesn't exist now," Niraj Antani, the first Hindu and Indian-American State Senator in Ohio's history, said."

Why are OC hindus so cunning ba ? does anyone lie like this ? caste lekapothe 80% disco undadhu ikkada.

5 minutes ago, reality said:

Arey pichhipuuka… manavallu was not intended at a particular caste… its intended at whoever feels their group as manavaallu… 

Ok ..then you do have a point. Most of these laws dont really change casteist behaviours.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

This seems to be HAF stand :

""I condemn in the strongest terms the ordinance passed by the Seattle City Council. Caste discrimination simply doesn't exist now," Niraj Antani, the first Hindu and Indian-American State Senator in Ohio's history, said."

Why are OC hindus so cunning ba ? does anyone lie like this ? caste lekapothe 80% disco undadhu ikkada.

Sponsor sesindhiii kudaaa OC ne anukuntaaa vayya. Need yedupuuu paduganuuu…why only picking and choosing I say 

Just now, veerigadu said:

Sponsor sesindhiii kudaaa OC ne anukuntaaa vayya. Need yedupuuu paduganuuu…why only picking and choosing I say 

I personally not a fan of this bill. Because - yes - there is no real advantabe in being an upper caste in america. And the kind of "Advantages" you have - like community based "investment" oppurtunities - are half frauds.

But i dont oppose it too. Hindus never fixed their issues in india. So they will be insulted with these bills.

1 hour ago, Sucker said:

So ippudu someone job apply cheyyali ante caste yedho cheppali. Aa persona from Telugu states anukundham , aa person higher caste ayyi inkoka candidate kuda adhe job ki from same state nundi apply chesi lower caste aithe appudu higher caste pakkanesggara. Asalu ee bill nduku pattakocharu any real time incidents ? 

Where did u get this from? Do basic research before u post something 

1 hour ago, Telugodura456 said:

basically aa cisco baponalla chaadastham and noti vaatam tho vacchindhi idhantha.

vallu nizanga discrminate chesaro thelidhu gaani ..caste based loose talk aithe chesundacchu.

Basically that's their stance, and it's never been proven that there was obvious discrimination. 

Caste based loose talk anedi not just limited to them, dallasupuram velli choodu akkada hiring ela jarugutundo ithara "evitlu" gurinchi ela maatladukuntaro. Ade criteria ayithe prati company lo ni Indians ni hire cheyadam maani dobbali, so there's no grounds for this to be based on the Cisco case. 

So this is how it is going to work: 

Any company where there are a significant amount of Indian Americans(basically any tech company) will eventually have a few members who identify as lower castes sue those companies with support from Equality Labs stating that they haven't been offered a promotion or rise due to them being from a caste that was discriminated against. Until now US courts didn't have a clause for caste so it won't stand on court, but now since this is a protected category the court will have to hear this case. Whether it will be provable on discrimination based on caste basis alone is a much more complex question, as it is very hard to prove that it's solely based on someone's caste. However, just being able to go against a company and sue them will eventually make those companies include these protected categories i.e., lower castes in this case into their affirmative action hiring policies aka something akin to reservations in jobs in India. Except that in this case, it will be done in the private sector in USA. 

Companies that don't want to waste their resources by fighting all these cases will also indirectly not prefer hiring people from Indian American origin just to avoid this issue to begin with, since most of these cases will and be against people of Indian American background. So whether it's intended or not, this law will reduce the number of opportunities for Indian Americans in the US solely based on their background, which is unconstitutional to begin with. 

@veerigadu

2 hours ago, veerigadu said:

Indian-American Councilmember Kshama Sawant sponsored an ordinance adding caste to the city's anti-discrimination laws.

One of Sawant’s earliest memories of the caste system was hearing her grandfather – a man she “otherwise loved very much” – utter a slur to summon their lower-caste maid. Now an elected official in a city thousands of miles from India, she has proposed an ordinance to add caste to Seattle’s anti-discrimination laws.

anything is warranted in this world to gain fame, she appears to be someone hating everything about her past

4 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

So this is how it is going to work: 

Any company where there are a significant amount of Indian Americans(basically any tech company) will eventually have a few members who identify as lower castes sue those companies with support from Equality Labs stating that they haven't been offered a promotion or rise due to them being from a caste that was discriminated against. Until now US courts didn't have a clause for caste so it won't stand on court, but now since this is a protected category the court will have to hear this case. Whether it will be provable on discrimination based on caste basis alone is a much more complex question, as it is very hard to prove that it's solely based on someone's caste. However, just being able to go against a company and sue them will eventually make those companies include these protected categories i.e., lower castes in this case into their affirmative action hiring policies aka something akin to reservations in jobs in India. Except that in this case, it will be done in the private sector in USA. 

Companies that don't want to waste their resources by fighting all these cases will also indirectly not prefer hiring people from Indian American origin just to avoid this issue to begin with, since most of these cases will and be against people of Indian American background. So whether it's intended or not, this law will reduce the number of opportunities for Indian Americans in the US solely based on their background, which is unconstitutional to begin with. 

@veerigadu

Yeah...I agree. Hopefully, it is just confined to Seattle. I hope this kind of law making does not perpetuate to other big tech cities. 

In conclusion, Desi managers at higher level will be more vulnerable to blackmailing now. 

3 minutes ago, pakeer_saab said:

anything is warranted in this world to gain fame, she appears to be someone hating everything about her past

People have weird attention seeking tendencies. I think she wants to project herself as a savior. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, pakeer_saab said:

It's not about fame bro, her term is almost up ani vinna. Last time there was a recall for her, and she won by a razor thin margin of 300 something votes. People in Seattle are fed up with her inaction when it comes to tackling crime, homelessness, drug abuse etc.