Masters degree in data science , ML, AI

coffee

Student A: Masters degree in computer science with non-thesis. 

Student B: Masters degree in artificial intelligence with real time research in masters thesis. 

who do you think has better job opportunities????

4 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Student A: Masters degree in computer science with non-thesis. 

Student B: Masters degree in artificial intelligence with real time research in masters thesis. 

How do you think has better job opportunities????

Student A can find job easily now. Need to upgrade skills and technologies very often. Pay growth could be limited.

Student B could take time to breakthrough(Also there is a huge lack of skills in this field. Anyone who has Bachelors with AI and Master with AI, it will not take time to breakthrough). But once got in, huge salaries with in short time and can be tension free for decades to come.

1 minute ago, teluguraja said:

Student A can find job easily now. Need to upgrade skills and technologies very often. Pay growth could be limited.

Student B could take time to breakthrough(Also there is a huge lack of skills in this field and Bachelors with AI and Master with AI, it will not take time to breakthrough). But once got in, huge salaries with in short time and can be tension free for decades to come.

eggaxtlyyyy....Its a paradox of quality and quantity here.

AI and ML are still at rudimentary stages. I agree. However, it does not mean they are total garbage by any means. 

1 hour ago, teluguraja said:

This is inaccurate information.

Please stop posting your perspective without knowing about some fields.

AI and ML is not a sub speciality in CSE

Please correct your post and restrict the verbage to Data Science or Data Analytics.

AI and ML is a complete different world than CSE.

Please learn about it.

I disagree. AI and ML used to be electives and still are.

Please  verify the curriculum of any reputed univerisites  from the past .. when I quote univerisities, I am referring to univ with proper research endowments .

The students who graduated in these specalizations have less than 10% career fair success rate..my statements are based on feedback from students who graduated recently in specalizaton including  ML. 

Perfect example is suny bufalo. 

24 minutes ago, coffee said:

The students who graduated in these specalizations have less than 10% career fair success rate..my statements are based on feedback from students who graduated recently in specalizaton including  ML. 

Career fair is never for finding jobs in US, in any university here, finding jobs is a complete different methods.

Since there are no consultancies who have experts in these fields there could be lack of guidance in these areas.

But once you understand the methods of finding jobs in US and get proper guidance. There is no stopping in this field.

16 minutes ago, teluguraja said:

Career fair is never for finding jobs in US, in any university here, finding jobs is a complete different methods.

Since there are no consultancies who have experts in these fields there could be lack of guidance in these areas.

But once you understand the methods of finding jobs in US and get proper guidance. There is no stopping in this field.

Not true you are reffering to univerisites that just provide balnk degree..I am referring to schools where we undergo graduate assitanship, research assitanship..and a gauranteed coop ..while converting it in to full time..these career fairs did help us and we never have to resort using desi constuancies and use tweaked fake resume..

Students who take shortcuts shouldn't worry about this discussion at all..as for them all they need is someone who will help in plagarising the assignments and then market 10 year fake resume through body shops 

49 minutes ago, coffee said:

Not true you are reffering to univerisites that just provide balnk degree..I am referring to schools where we undergo graduate assitanship, research assitanship..and a gauranteed coop ..while converting it in to full time..these career fairs did help us and we never have to resort using desi constuancies and use tweaked fake resume.

For this method also, Career Fairs in nothing. No regular company comes for those.

I can see that, you need guiadace.

But one thing is simple. List down all the companies that are building applications based on AI.

Start applying for all of them. That is how any of us got our fulltime sponsorships. Not in career fairs, but from regular applications in the respective company websites.

1 minute ago, teluguraja said:

@coffee

Remember, all the major companies also have job openings in AI all the time.

like Google, Microsoft, Apple, Meta, Twitter, Amazon, Oracle etc.....

There is no stopping

Remember non of these will hire you if you have them as electives

If you have a specified degree in AI, then knowledge is the only barrier to breakthrough.

I work in ML heavily and you cannot even imagine the amount of math in ML. College degrees dont teach you that and load some stupid csv file with pandas

Real time is like a million times more than that

49 minutes ago, sarvayogi said:

I work in ML heavily and you cannot even imagine the amount of math in ML. College degrees dont teach you that and load some stupid csv file with pandas

Real time is like a million times more than that

Where did you learn that level of math?

Where and how do you recommend to learn ?

1 hour ago, teluguraja said:

For this method also, Career Fairs in nothing. No regular company comes for those.

I can see that, you need guiadace.

But one thing is simple. List down all the companies that are building applications based on AI.

Start applying for all of them. That is how any of us got our fulltime sponsorships. Not in career fairs, but from regular applications in the respective company websites.

Alright.. let me reassure you..the original traditional path for AI is through computer science major. 

The separate discipline won't help you get the job you are seeking. Even if you apply to the end clients with masters in AI. Rather go for computer science. 

2 hours ago, coffee said:

Alright.. let me reassure you..the original traditional path for AI is through computer science major. 

The separate discipline won't help you get the job you are seeking. Even if you apply to the end clients with masters in AI. Rather go for computer science. 

Not practical.

In the real world of talent scouting, it is redundant.

Anyway, The Master and Bachelor in AI will not be just ML and Python through out the cirriculam.

The basics like Opps, Java, DMBS and other courses are all there in the masters and bachelors in AI.

The only advantage is they do projects with real case scenarios of AI and that should give them expertise in AI models.

How does your comments even makes sense.