Meaning of Telugu states

sarfaroshi

12 minutes ago, sarfaroshi said:

Telangana name came from Telugu Angana 

Andhra name means South Tribe

Telangana nunche Telugu ochindani Halwa uncle PMed.

The Andhras was mentioned in Aitareya Brahmana, which is as follows:

This Risi Visvamitra had a hundred sons, fifty of them were older than Madhuchhandtls, and fifty were younger than he. The older ones were not pleased with (the installation of SunaWepa to the primogeni- ture).

VisvAmitra then pronounced against them the curse,

" You shall have the lowest castes for your descendants."

Therefore are many of the most degraded classes of men, the rabble for the most part, such as the Andhras, Pwidras, Saharas, Paltndas, and Miitibas, descendants of Visvamitra.

But Madhuchhandas, with the fifty younger sons, said, " What our father approves of, by that we abide ; we all accord to thee (^unahsepa) the first rank, and we will come after thee ! " Vijivtlmitra, (leligated 'at this answer) then praised these sons with the following verses :

" Ye my sons will have abundance of cattle and children, for you have made me rich in children by consenting to my wish."

The same Andhras might have lived in trIlinga desa, as stated in the question, and later the language got the name Telugu.

3 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

The Andhras was mentioned in Aitareya Brahmana, which is as follows:

This Risi Visvamitra had a hundred sons, fifty of them were older than Madhuchhandtls, and fifty were younger than he. The older ones were not pleased with (the installation of SunaWepa to the primogeni- ture).

VisvAmitra then pronounced against them the curse,

" You shall have the lowest castes for your descendants."

Therefore are many of the most degraded classes of men, the rabble for the most part, such as the Andhras, Pwidras, Saharas, Paltndas, and Miitibas, descendants of Visvamitra.

But Madhuchhandas, with the fifty younger sons, said, " What our father approves of, by that we abide ; we all accord to thee (^unahsepa) the first rank, and we will come after thee ! " Vijivtlmitra, (leligated 'at this answer) then praised these sons with the following verses :

" Ye my sons will have abundance of cattle and children, for you have made me rich in children by consenting to my wish."

The same Andhras might have lived in trIlinga desa, as stated in the question, and later the language got the name Telugu.

Did Telugu come first or Telangana? 

2 minutes ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

Telangana came first...then the native inhabitants identified as telugu's...

Andhra's and telugu....idedo oka pedda conspiracy...enduku vachindo telvadu but Andhras assumed they are also telugu's...so silly I say.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

Andhra word is more ancient...

then after Telugu (first letrature by nannaya..around 1000CE)

telangana as per telangan govt websiite..

"The name "Telangana" refers to the word Trilinga Desa, earned due to the presence of three ancient Shiva Temples at Kaleshwaram, Srisailam, and Draksharamam. A more historical reasoning is that during the reign of Nizams, the region was known as Telugu Angana to differentiate it from the areas where Marathi was spoken."

bit more about history...

Before 500 BCE

Late_Vedic_Culture_(1100-500_BCE).png

Year 500 BCE

Mahajanapadas_(c._500_BCE).png

During Maurya period..

Maurya_Empire,_c.250_BCE.png