Post from Blind - My wife gives all excuses not to work. How to handle

FrustratedVuncle

Tell me if i am being unreasonable and I shall correct myself. I am on h1B and my wife is on H4 EAD. I have ambitions in my life and my wife just sits at home.. yes she does all house work and cooks me food but I dont have an appreciation for that.

I think if she does a job, we can hire someone to do all the chores. Before marraige she convinced me that she doesnt like to sit home and will do something. However she has no career ambitions now.

Yes we have a child at home and yes she takes good care of him. But i didnt sign up for a middle class life. I want to buy home, have a good car, travel the world.. her conversations are about youtube videos, and all stupid things. On top she fights with me.. i snore at night and she wakes me up and fights

I need some guidance. I m not happy. This is already my second marraige (arranged). I am her 2nd husband too.
She has no father and mother so she is stuck with
 Me and i am stuck with her.

How to handle

https://www.teamblind.com/post/My-wife-gives-all-excuses-not-to-work-How-to-handle-gMCUV8iF

2 minutes ago, FrustratedVuncle said:

Veedevado thitlu tinatanike post vesinattu unnadu. 10g vadili pettaru comments lo.

Ika aaadaladies aithe.... :giggle:

Aa comments kuda post cheyyi

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FrustratedVuncle said:

I have the opposite problem. My wife is very ambitious and so am I. She works 8-6 Mon-Fri and earns more than me (even though I’m at Meta). We have 1 kid and he craves for her time (I work from home). Because she’s out 8-6 everyday, I have to help out in the kitchen and take some childcare duties, which frustrates me (to be fair, she cooks dinner and lunch almost daily which I appreciate very much). My in laws think she’s too good for me because she’s the one who earns more, and this causes issues in our marriage. I wish my wife was more easy going, sit at home types. We do live in a 1.2M $ SFH in Bellevue, but not really happy.
Grass always looks greener on the other side
Yesterday 58 10
+ View 8 more replies...
  • I think you and the OP can try a wife swap like in those reality shows and see where it leads.
    Yesterday 18
  • New  nkUb01
    Can I get your wife’s number? I’ll make her happy if you can’t.

CITI_c$y

2 minutes ago, FrustratedVuncle said:

I have the opposite problem. My wife is very ambitious and so am I. She works 8-6 Mon-Fri and earns more than me (even though I’m at Meta). We have 1 kid and he craves for her time (I work from home). Because she’s out 8-6 everyday, I have to help out in the kitchen and take some childcare duties, which frustrates me (to be fair, she cooks dinner and lunch almost daily which I appreciate very much). My in laws think she’s too good for me because she’s the one who earns more, and this causes issues in our marriage. I wish my wife was more easy going, sit at home types. We do live in a 1.2M $ SFH in Bellevue, but not really happy.
Grass always looks greener on the other side
Yesterday 58 10
+ View 8 more replies...
  • I think you and the OP can try a wife swap like in those reality shows and see where it leads.
    Yesterday 18
  • New  nkUb01
    Can I get your wife’s number? I’ll make her happy if you can’t.

same situation ma friend intlo .. she earns more than him... she wears the pant in the relationship inka ... his word has almost no value LOL... she takes all decisions solo and just informs him later

pikedem  leka.. ma vadiki alvatu ayyii.. kid emmana aduguthe.. mummy deggara permission thechuko antadu @3$%

• Haha 1

Can we trade wives? Mine goes to work steadily when she's working but when home she doesn't do jack . Whenever she takes long breaks from work, she stays home and scrolls TikTok all day long. I come home hungry and there's no food. I gotta take time off of work to take her to medical appts and grocery shopping and stuff cause she doesn't fking drive.

I just wish I had a wife like yours who would take care of the home while I take care of finances
Yesterday 33 7
+ View 5 more replies...
  • Nuance, cooking meals for spouse should not only be a wife’s job. If our metamate here is ‘hungry’ he can cook for himself and give some to his wife while he is at it.

7 minutes ago, chammakchandra said:

Good atleast she makes more then him and makes decisions .. most of them are opposite, hubby makes all money and wife makes all decisions this includes manhandling hubby 

:giggle:

1 hour ago, FrustratedVuncle said:

Tell me if i am being unreasonable and I shall correct myself. I am on h1B and my wife is on H4 EAD. I have ambitions in my life and my wife just sits at home.. yes she does all house work and cooks me food but I dont have an appreciation for that.

I think if she does a job, we can hire someone to do all the chores. Before marraige she convinced me that she doesnt like to sit home and will do something. However she has no career ambitions now.

Yes we have a child at home and yes she takes good care of him. But i didnt sign up for a middle class life. I want to buy home, have a good car, travel the world.. her conversations are about youtube videos, and all stupid things. On top she fights with me.. i snore at night and she wakes me up and fights

I need some guidance. I m not happy. This is already my second marraige (arranged). I am her 2nd husband too.

How to handle

https://www.teamblind.com/post/My-wife-gives-all-excuses-not-to-work-How-to-handle-gMCUV8iF

It is a legitimate concern. 

1 hour ago, FrustratedVuncle said:

How to handle

Odili ** ! Nuvvu job cheyanu manesthaanu ante valla kompa lo oppukuntara ! Same should apply for her