Buying the Dips Can Be Fatal—Unless You’re in It for the Long Term

dasari4kntr

22 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

invest on stable business bro….

do you think credit ss is stable ..?

There is nothing called stable  business bro. Stock market itself is a gamble. Banks are considered one of safest if not the safest, SVB made millions to shareholders in 40 years of its existence (16000% raise from 10c IPO to $800 all time high). Facebook and Nflx collapsed, google and amazon lanti companies down 50% from 2021/22. SVB is also part of S&P 500 index and somewhat like is a certified stable stock but you never know

trading involves risk and knack to make money can hapen when going down or going ip. Even on SVB collapse some people would have made millions, how? they short sold the stock and they made 100% profit now, they situation would have gone otherwise too like Gamestop or AMC. 

Some times you weigh your risk and make moves, if SVB survived then people who bought in 30s would have made a lot of money

Trading indexs is much more safer than buying individual stocks 

18 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

There is nothing called stable  business bro. Stock market itself is a gamble. Banks are considered one of safest if not the safest, SVB made millions to shareholders in 40 years of its existence (16000% raise from 10c IPO to $800 all time high). Facebook and Nflx collapsed, google and amazon lanti companies down 50% from 2021/22. SVB is also part of S&P 500 index and somewhat like is a certified stable stock but you never know

trading involves risk and knack to make money can hapen when going down or going ip. Even on SVB collapse some people would have made millions, how? they short sold the stock and they made 100% profit now, they situation would have gone otherwise too like Gamestop or AMC. 

Some times you weigh your risk and make moves, if SVB survived then people who bought in 30s would have made a lot of money

Trading indexs is much more safer than buying individual stocks 

Are you still holding FRC? Too much of a risky any minute from now FDIC tisukunela undi

26 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

There is nothing called stable  business bro. Stock market itself is a gamble. Banks are considered one of safest if not the safest, SVB made millions to shareholders in 40 years of its existence (16000% raise from 10c IPO to $800 all time high). Facebook and Nflx collapsed, google and amazon lanti companies down 50% from 2021/22

there are stable business even today…bro..but we are exploring most in few sectors like tech, banks..etc

if you categorize the most of the shares …they fall in to two categories “growth” and “value”…

all the meta, google…etc are growth shares..almost all growth shares are depend on speculation they see high highs and low lows……but in other side value shares are not like that..there wont be much speculations or fluctuations in those stocks…and they are matured business models…some have high moat too…

mostly people are getting inspired by the success stories of amc, gamestop, frc..etc…because winners stories always amazes people…even though there are plenty of looser stories with those stocks…we shouldn’t take those examples…mostly those are gen z strategies to make quick money in no time with lack of experience…

one person luck is not everyone luck…

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BommaliNinnodhala said:

Are you still holding FRC? Too much of a risky any minute from now FDIC tisukunela undi

I assumed that risk, I still feel it is an over reaction and I might be wrong too but anyways I choose to live with it, not many people know about the bank but I know people who work at the bank and been to their cafeteria multiple times when I was working in SF.

the bank is a very well run bank - the don’t bet on credit cards , auto loans or junk bonds- their only risk is very wealthy customer base, they have a diverse customer base not like SVB mostly silicon valley start ups.

march 22nd will be crucial, it fed doesn’t raise rates in  response to banking crisis then I see the stocking shooting back to $50.

regarding FDIc, they will enter when there is liquidity to run the bank but they already said they have $70 billion and that is 40% of their deposits. Yes, there is a risk.

it is a very attractive investment to big banks as the stock is trading at 2x their 2022 profits 

17 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

I assumed that risk, I still feel it is an over reaction and I might be wrong too but anyways I choose to live with it, not many people know about the bank but I know people who work at the bank and been to their cafeteria multiple times when I was working in SF.

the bank is a very well run bank - the don’t bet on credit cards , auto loans or junk bonds- their only risk is very wealthy customer base, they have a diverse customer base not like SVB mostly silicon valley start ups.

march 22nd will be crucial, it fed doesn’t raise rates in  response to banking crisis then I see the stocking shooting back to $50.

regarding FDIc, they will enter when there is liquidity to run the bank but they already said they have $70 billion and that is 40% of their deposits. Yes, there is a risk.

it is a very attractive investment to big banks as the stock is trading at 2x their 2022 profits 

JPMorgan Chase (JPM), Morgan Stanley (MS) and other big banks are in talks for a potential deal with First Republic Bank.

9 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

JPMorgan Chase (JPM), Morgan Stanley (MS) and other big banks are in talks for a potential deal with First Republic Bank.

The bank is an envy to big banks when it comes to private banking, Chase private client anedi FRC competition. Their main income is from wealth management rather than credit cards or loans.

chillar danda ledu so they will get sold easily and someone will pay a premium than what it is being traded now

Some dips are fatal even if you are not long term.. imagine buying the growth stocks during pandemic that fell 90% now. 

It may not go back in the next 10 years. Even if it does,  how much of opportunity cost that would be ..

Go index or go blue