Car accident and Urgent Info Needed

andhracrazystar

I was hit by a person from the back and my car is crushed and damaged in the back. Cops determined that the other person is at fault when they filed the report. Now what are my options ? I called my insurance and gave my report. Called other guy’s insurance and filed a claim. My insurance says either go with us or go with other insurance. They said if you go with us irrespective of what it is you pay deductible and we pay you the car value it it is not repairable or totaled. If I go with mine will it impact my insurance cost in future ? What is the best approach for me ? Also I have to buy a used car. What is the best option currently to buy used cars ? Really appreciate if you can respond. Thanks in advance. 

19 minutes ago, andhracrazystar said:

I was hit by a person from the back and my car is crushed and damaged in the back. Cops determined that the other person is at fault when they filed the report. Now what are my options ? I called my insurance and gave my report. Called other guy’s insurance and filed a claim. My insurance says either go with us or go with other insurance. They said if you go with us irrespective of what it is you pay deductible and we pay you the car value it it is not repairable or totaled. If I go with mine will it impact my insurance cost in future ? What is the best approach for me ? Also I have to buy a used car. What is the best option currently to buy used cars ? Really appreciate if you can respond. Thanks in advance. 

Used car market has cooled down a lot . 

Same situation for us , we used our insurance as the other party has limit issues. 
Our car is totaled and we received 38k for 2018 Volvo with 62 k miles on it. 
we bought Tesla model y  as most cars are over priced as soon as Tesla slashed prices we bought one

as far as your car need goes , get a rental car from your insurance or theirs right away

rental car from insurance are very cheap, I paid 40 dollars per day for Chrysler Pacifica high end model and kept it for 3 months. 
( we are going to send this bill to the at fault insurance) 

Get some money for the incident 

7 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

Same situation for us , we used our insurance as the other party has limit issues. 
we bought Tesla model y  as most cars are over priced as soon as Tesla slashed prices we bought one

as far as your car need goes , get a rental car from your insurance or theirs right away

rental car from insurance are very cheap, I paid 40 dollars per day for Chrysler Pacifica high end model and kept it for 3 months. 

Will at fault insurance pays the rental car expenses even if the other guys insurance don’t have rental coverage? Unfortunately my agent didn’t kept rental coverage on my policy which is unbelievable. 

11 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

Also what do you mean by get some money for the incident ? How can I do that ?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, andhracrazystar said:

Faked good job @ModsBadacow

50 minutes ago, andhracrazystar said:

Also what do you mean by get some money for the incident ? How can I do that ?

Since we other party was at fault the insurance wants to pay some money to close the case. 

What is the best place to shop for used cars ? Carmax, Carvana , Autotrader or go with local dealers? How to negotiate with these people? Never been in tjj hi is situation and trying to understand the process. Please advise 🙏🙏

23 minutes ago, andhracrazystar said:

What is the best place to shop for used cars ? Carmax, Carvana , Autotrader or go with local dealers? How to negotiate with these people? Never been in tjj hi is situation and trying to understand the process. Please advise 🙏🙏

You might over pay 3 to 4 k , don’t overthink, buy what you like 

or buy a small car if no family which are cheap , like hyundai 

On 3/17/2023 at 10:18 PM, andhracrazystar said:

Also I have to buy a used car. What is the best option currently to buy used cars ? Really appreciate if you can respond. Thanks in advance. 

Something like one of these should do -