Are two EV safe with current charging and long drives ?

iddaritho

We wanted to upgrade our Hyundai Ioniq to Toyota Sienna for some time and thinking. About ordering one for quite some time , just now saw Kia EV 9 videos , the car is mind blowing. 
Any downsides of owning two EV ? , I am little worried due to Tesla range issue , but started to like the comfort of the electric car. 

There is definitely some downside of range anxiety in case of emergencies but its a rare case. Its like you are planning for a zombie apocalypse..otherwise if one of the car has enough range, u are good to go

9 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

We wanted to upgrade our Hyundai Ioniq to Toyota Sienna for some time and thinking. About ordering one for quite some time , just now saw Kia EV 9 videos , the car is mind blowing. 
Any downsides of owning two EV ? , I am little worried due to Tesla range issue , but started to like the comfort of the electric car. 

have a home charger in garage and you will be fine bro…just phone la ne, you need to charge every night 

Kia EV9 probably year end ki vasthundi emo bro…guessing  it to be priced 60k atleast 

2 minutes ago, stonks_pro said:

have a home charger in garage and you will be fine bro…just phone la ne, you need to charge every night 

Kia EV9 probably year end ki vasthundi emo bro…guessing  it to be priced 60k atleast 

I was thinking about comfortable family car like Chrysler Pacifica , but range was not happy with mileage. Then looked at Sienna which has 36 mileage , called 50 dealers near my house , ever one says pay deposit and wait ? Was not happy with the answer so went ahead and got Tesla. Initially not happy with the range but thought may be we can take few breaks if we go on long drives. 
But now the EV 9 seems to super nice and range is above 300 miles that’s very tempting. And I am thinking why should I buy Sienna when you get full electric 7 seater. 

But again electric ekkada ayina agipothe kastam. 
hope some one creates mobile supercharger in case of emergencies 

1 hour ago, iddaritho said:

I was thinking about comfortable family car like Chrysler Pacifica , but range was not happy with mileage. Then looked at Sienna which has 36 mileage , called 50 dealers near my house , ever one says pay deposit and wait ? Was not happy with the answer so went ahead and got Tesla. Initially not happy with the range but thought may be we can take few breaks if we go on long drives. 
But now the EV 9 seems to super nice and range is above 300 miles that’s very tempting. And I am thinking why should I buy Sienna when you get full electric 7 seater. 

But again electric ekkada ayina agipothe kastam. 
hope some one creates mobile supercharger in case of emergencies 

If you already have one electric car, it makes sense to go for a hybrid.. 36mpg is really good and you won’t feel the pinch of gas cost.. Toyotas are low maintenance too and are very reliable.. my cousin drives a 16 yr old sienna with close to 200K miles and with no issues so far.. 

2 hours ago, iddaritho said:

I prefer having one gas bcuz of long drives.. imagine anything above 300mile drives

2 hours ago, iddaritho said:

My analysis 

ec car runs for about 5 years without issues and its value will be almost 0 after that beca battery life is almost over and other mechanical issues will come at around 10 years 

so total 10 years lo car scrap. Even if it works it will be very old model like phones 

2 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

If you already have one electric car, it makes sense to go for a hybrid.. 36mpg is really good and you won’t feel the pinch of gas cost.. Toyotas are low maintenance too and are very reliable.. my cousin drives a 16 yr old sienna with close to 200K miles and with no issues so far.. 

Hybrids are incredibly cheap to maintain, going fully EV for family car is useless

Sienna is the best option if one can get it

• Upvote 1