this is the future…

dasari4kntr

2 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

NYC..kante mess aa?

Yes, SF roads are the craziest. NYC streets are  well marked and the city is basically flat  divided into blocks/grids - 1st to 228th street 

NY is a grid, mostly 1 way traffic between the grids.

3 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

driver less cars for jobless society..

If their only skill is to drive a car, then maybe it's their fault. The same could be said about flipping burgers. We went to a restaurant in Santa Clara where robots were serving us food. We were debating whether to give a tip or not, ended up giving 15% just because...

2 minutes ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

If their only skill is to drive a car, then maybe it's their fault. The same could be said about flipping burgers. We went to a restaurant in Santa Clara where robots were serving us food. We were debating whether to give a tip or not, ended up giving 15% just because...

lol…

if programmers only skill is writing code then maybe its their fault…the same could be done by AI..

4 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

in NYC…traditional yellow cab drivers need to take taxi medallion (permit) to run the yellow cab…generally it costs around 100k to 200k …(in 2013 it went to 1 million too..)…

uber and lyft dented those nyc yellow cab business…put thise nyc yellow cab drivers life miserable…

now these self driving cabs are next level…

unfortunately these new tech trends are future…which only put men out of job…

Infrastructure ledu Veetiki

1 minute ago, dasari4kntr said:

lol…

if programmers only skill is writing code then maybe its their fault…the same could be done by AI..

Sure, you can say that. If your replaceable by something that can do it for cheaper, you need to upgrade your skill. There's no point in complaining that you will lose your job. That's just how evolution works. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hyperbole said:

Driving through SF downtown is a big mess even for experienced drivers, if they can solve the challenges it there and any other city is a cake walk

2 hours ago, BommaliNinnodhala said:

Simple doubt — many apartment communities will have gate code and the driver has to enter the respective gate code— driverless ithe gate code enter cheyadam yela paaasssible?

Just now, Sarvapindy said:

its not going to work

Waymo by Google is not truly driverless, it's more like autonomous robot , remotely operated by operators when needed. For ex in the above video it's probably operator driving around the blocked car.

They also chose sfo where it is fully mapped - not just any city.

27 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Waymo by Google is not truly driverless, it's more like autonomous robot , remotely operated by operators when needed. For ex in the above video it's probably operator driving around the blocked car.

They also chose sfo where it is fully mapped - not just any city.

This is not Waymo, it is Cruise, a Bay Area start up and now owned by GM, they operate driverless taxis and the 1st and only company approved to run true driverless taxi 

The underrated part is GM has been using their software in GM vehicles for the last 3 years. It runs only on marked roads though but very solid. When it released it got 200,000 miles in all North America, last year 400,000 miles mapped roads got added and in 2023/24 they are planning to add 2 million miles roads which would include every rural and local roads in USA and Canada.

9 minutes ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

Sure, you can say that. If your replaceable by something that can do it for cheaper, you need to upgrade your skill. There's no point in complaining that you will lose your job. That's just how evolution works. 

there is lot to talk about this…

lot of jargons here…

evolution is not the correct word here.specially when we are talking about machines…”programmed” is the correct word i guess…

we are in capitalist world…so investor can spend any amount to reduce the labor cost…there is nothing we can feel proud of it…

now a days all so called evolution (“tech evolution “) is only useful..to make rich person more rich…and to make poor person more poor…

upskill and down skill are just badges…to give those as good slave and bad slave…

6 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

there is lot to talk about this…

lot of jargons here…

evolution is not the correct word here.specially when we are talking about machines…”programmed” is the correct word i guess…

we are in capitalist world…so investor can spend any amount to reduce the labor cost…there is nothing we can feel proud of it…

now a days all so called evolution (“tech evolution “) is only useful..to make rich person more rich…and to make poor person more poor…

upskill and down skill are just badges…to give those as good slave and bad slave…

When I say evolution, I mean Darwin's theory of evolution ~ survival of the fittest. What he said is, it's not the strongest or the smartest that will survive, but the one the that's willing to change. I hope you got my point about upskilling. 

37 minutes ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

Correct. Do not become extinct like a dinosaur.

Recently, I had a chat with someone who has been working with the client for decades and never even heard about Dice.com. Vertical domain knowledge may be fine to some extent but when the company does not need you, they will lay you off and your vertical knowledge is very likely not going to be useful for/at the next client unless they are in the same industry. Horizontal knowledge is transferable skills that have an edge.

1 minute ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

When I say evolution, I mean Darwin's theory of evolution ~ survival of the fittest. What he said is, it's not the strongest or the smartest that will survive, but the one the that's willing to change. I hope you got my point about upskilling. 

i got your point…

your using the “survival of fittest” in capitalistic environment …which started around 1700s…

but that “survival of fittest “ was attributed to thousands of yeas of human history…

but anyway…lets not deviate…

here my point is…we can simply say upskill…but in reality is not that simple…

we are learning english since we going to school..now are we perfectly upskilled in our communication skills..? 

may be you are thinking about everyone in your own shoes…but lot of people situations are different…

if humans are able to upskilled that quickly…we would have been in this so called modern world  few thousand years back…

4 hours ago, hyperbole said:

rich people like Elon don’t use taxis..

Sure, we know that too.

I was referring to the fact, those who can afford Flying Cars would buy them and not have to hire a taxi even when they travel long distance in another state - instead of owning driverless cars and getting rid of their chauffeurs. My point was, driverless cars are not going to solve the traffic problem in any way, not to mention - they will make it worse because they are not programmed to violate the traffic laws - unlike humans.

what a mechanical life we are in …?

life ante upskill ayyi …capitalist ki slavery cheyyali ani gattiga fix ayipoyam..

manakantu …hobbies , creativity, own life style… avsaram ledannamaata..?

life become monetized…(or we gave our life to corporate for dollars)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

what a mechanical life we are in …?

life ante upskill ayyi …capitalist ki slavery cheyyali ani gattiga fix ayipoyam..

manakantu …hobbies , creativity, own life style… avsaram ledannamaata..?

life become monetized…(or we gave our life to corporate for dollars)

Yes brother I hate this pucking life style 

There is no satisfaction or time to think about ourselves in this rat race 

• Upvote 1