Oka 50 years 21 to 50 in usa feelings in sos

vamprie

What can we learn here?

Not an SOS

This was a comment I had made on another post. It was suggested that I put up my comment as a post by itself, so here goes,

I am 55 and I have been in the US since the age of 21. Both my parents lived, worked and retired in India. And as of today I have lost both of them with my Mom passing on 14th March. For that matter I am typing this sitting in a rental car bringing me back from Nasik after Asthi Visarjan. These are my thoughts and not judgements on anyone else,

1. I believe if I had stayed in India or moved somewhere in Asia like Singapore - I would have been just as successful as the US.

2. I should have educated my children (three girls and they have 5 degrees between them and soon it will be 6, all in US) in India because then they would be much more worldly wise. And they would be at least tri-lingual if not quad-lingual like me.

3. I would have been closer to my parents and able to help them as well in terms of their downtimes of their health. Instead I would rush over and then could not focus properly on them because of work distractions as we have no work life balance in the US

4. Today I have another 10 years of work left in me but I am already looking for ways to move back to India. I believe ending my career or retiring in India will be a better idea financially speaking. I have done the math and it adds up.

5. I don’t want to die in a foreign country. I want to be in India and leave for my final journey from here.

Remember this is my journey and these are my conclusions. We are each unique and have our own perspectives on how we want to live. Exchange of ideas should be just that, not judgements.

• Upvote 1

this is classic denglaleni mangalavaram crying batch

these people should have not talked to their parents in any polite and loving way for decades

they might be looking for excuses for their dissatisfaction with their kids or inability to raise good kids.

if someone is really concerned about time with parents, they will make an effort to plan a trip atleast once every year.

or they might have moved to india for temporary stay when parents need them

5 minutes ago, secundrabadi said:

Why are people so attached to dying in home land? I don’t get it

Evari preference vallaku vuntadi. Kondaru mars poyi malla ramu antaru adi valla preference. Neeku aa situation vochinapudu em antavo evanki erka

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, nuvvu_naakina_paalem said:

this is classic denglaleni mangalavaram crying batch

these people should have not talked to their parents in any polite and loving way for decades

they might be looking for excuses for their dissatisfaction with their kids or inability to raise good kids.

if someone is really concerned about time with parents, they will make an effort to plan a trip atleast once every year.

or they might have moved to india for temporary stay when parents need them

He already said in his last line that’s his opinion, nee opinion is different. He said exchange of ideas is what matters not judging which you said in first line