Elon Musk tells employees to get back in office with 2:30 am memo

csrcsr

On 3/26/2023 at 9:56 AM, csrcsr said:

Twitter CEO Elon Musk reportedly sent a notice to staff early Wednesday morning to remind them that working from home is not acceptable.

According to Platformer managing editor Zoë Schiffer, Musk emailed employees at 2:30 in the morning, writing that "office is not optional." In the email, he complained that half of the San Francisco headquarters was empty the day before.

Musk is not a fan of remote work. Back in November, he ended Twitter's work-from-home accommodations, telling employees within driving distance of the office that they needed to show up in person or consider their "resignation accepted." 

Last summer, he sent a similar note to his employees at Tesla, telling employees they were required to spend a minimum of 40 hours in the office per week. "Remote work is no longer acceptable," was the subject line of that email. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/elon-musk-tells-employees-get-back-office-230-am-memo

--------- bard-----------

Elon Musk is a strong believer in the benefits of in-person work. He has repeatedly expressed his opinion that remote work is less productive and less innovative. He has also said that he believes that employees who work from home are more likely to be distracted and less engaged in their work.

Musk's views on remote work are not shared by all employees. Many employees prefer to work from home, citing benefits such as flexibility, a better work-life balance, and reduced commuting costs. Some employees have also expressed concerns about the safety of returning to the office during the COVID-19 pandemic.

It is unclear how Musk's decision to require employees to return to the office will impact Twitter's productivity or innovation. It is also unclear how many employees will choose to leave the company rather than return to the office.

---c GPT---------------

The news reported that Elon Musk, CEO of Twitter, sent an email to staff at 2:30 in the morning, reminding them that working from home is not an option and that the office is not optional. Musk has been against remote work, and he previously ended Twitter's work-from-home accommodations in November, telling employees within driving distance of the office to show up in person or consider their "resignation accepted." He also sent a similar note to his employees at Tesla last summer, requiring them to spend a minimum of 40 hours in the office per week and stating that remote work was no longer acceptable.

2 minutes ago, anna_gari_maata said:

Posted this on 12+ yr old social media

i still dont get it what you want to say here..(every time when i see your reply..i have this confusion...you can write few more lines to express what your are trying to say..)

are you agreeing? or disagreeing? or questioning? or passing a satire? or something else?...

1 hour ago, dasari4kntr said:

i still dont get it what you want to say here..(every time when i see your reply..i have this confusion...you can write few more lines to express what your are trying to say..)

are you agreeing? or disagreeing? or questioning? or passing a satire? or something else?...

I don't understand what's there to explain here. Social media is not going anywhere, and this discussion is right now happening in social media is the prime example of that. 

55 minutes ago, anna_gari_maata said:

I don't understand what's there to explain here. Social media is not going anywhere, and this discussion is right now happening in social media is the prime example of that. 

ee db ni 40billion dollars twitter tho polchavante…

2D19ZF-360.gif

On 3/26/2023 at 12:00 PM, Point said:

Bengai manu yerri hook gadini

Aadu cheppindi bhi gade. There are more ppl to get the job done sitting in office. Peektha ante peekedem leka valle vastharu sachinattu.

3 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Yeah..

Free speech,  humanity, greater good, climate change etc are all used by the billionaires these days very loosely, with ultimate goal of making more money.

Once you become the wealthiest person in the world, you would do anything to keep that rank haha. Going down is not an option.

On 3/27/2023 at 1:23 AM, ismartganesh said:

going to office is for old boomers. new generation is productive with wfh option.

it's only a matter of time before most of our companies ask us to come back to office.

also, I personally don't think most of the new gen is more productive with WFH option, ma team lo almost andaru timepass gaalle especially became worse after WFH.