Moving from east coast to south. Is uhaul the best way to move?

prince143

Moving from east coast to south. I currently live in 1bhk with essential furniture like beds,TV and couch. I feel U haul 20ft truck will be necessary for the move. Considering other options if any available like "Two men and truck" and other companies where we have stuff packed and they ship the stuff to our destination to avoid the hassle/Risk of me driving the truck.

What will be prices if the decide to have my stuff shipped to destination and any good moving companies?

10 minutes ago, prince143 said:

Moving from east coast to south. I currently live in 1bhk with essential furniture like beds,TV and couch. I feel U haul 20ft truck will be necessary for the move. Considering other options if any available like "Two men and truck" and other companies where we have stuff packed and they ship the stuff to our destination to avoid the hassle/Risk of me driving the truck.

What will be prices if the decide to have my stuff shipped to destination and any good moving companies?

Check out PODS

https://www.pods.com/

The company will keep pod before your house for 3 days. You pack everything inside it and lock it. Then they transport the pod and bring it in front of your house in new city and will keep it for 3 days. You unload it and make it empty.

Sometimes this works out to be cheaper.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FrustratedVuncle said:

Sell your furniture and buy them again. 

i agree . not worth the hassle. also might end up costing the same.

if you have other small stuff , you can parcel them using something like lugless.

1 hour ago, prince143 said:

how long is the drive ? less than 10 hours aythey I would rent that 20 ft truck and drive. family will fly to new place.

if selling and buying new furniture is not an option then you can drive

1 hour ago, prince143 said:

20ft truck might be too big for 1bhk for standard furniture

2 hours ago, Despacito said:

Upack..they will keep pods in your parking lot for 3 days..you can pack and keep it inside. After 3 days they will take the pod and deliver it to your location.

6 hours ago, baabaa said:

Check out PODS

https://www.pods.com/

The company will keep pod before your house for 3 days. You pack everything inside it and lock it. Then they transport the pod and bring it in front of your house in new city and will keep it for 3 days. You unload it and make it empty.

Sometimes this works out to be cheaper.

PODS vadu 3k ki qoute icchadu for large container

5 hours ago, FrustratedVuncle said:

Gold framed bed & sofa, diamond embeded pillows konnava endi house tesi?:giggle:

ala yem le bro, but don't think I can sell all the stuff by then

5 hours ago, yemdoing said:

how long is the drive ? less than 10 hours aythey I would rent that 20 ft truck and drive. family will fly to new place.

if selling and buying new furniture is not an option then you can drive

10 hours bro