it’s FloriDUH… after all..😀

r2d2

A charter school principal in Florida has resigned after sending a check for $100,000 of the school's money to a scammer posing as Elon Musk.

Dr. Jan McGee was the principal of Burns Science and Technology Charter School in Oak Hill, Florida, since the school opened in 2011. At a school board meeting Tuesday where she resigned, McGee said she believed the tech billionaire would invest millions of dollars in the school in exchange for $100,000 upfront, according to local news station WESH.

"I put myself into this position and into this mess and I made a bad decision," McGee said, per WESH. "I am a very smart lady. Well-educated. I fell for a scam."

Although other school staff warned her the person was a scammer, McGee had talked with the person for at least four months, according to WESH. The school's business manager ultimately stopped the check before it cleared.

McGee apologized at the meeting, but several school administrators claimed she contributed to creating a toxic work environment, saying they'd rather quit than keep working for her, prompting her to resign, per WESH.

Even the smartest people can sometimes get tricked by scamsters.. mana lanti vallu entha…

oka sari airline ticket reschedule cheddamani customer care ki call chesindi wifey… a desi guy answered and he said they have to cancel the ticket and rebook and asked for card information.. something didn’t sound right to her and she handed over the phone to me..

I talked to him and he sounded fishy.. I hung up the phone.. looks like my wife just googled “emirates customer service” and dialed the number that came up on google search… even google search gives you scam phone numbers first.. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Variety_Pullayya said:

papam va...most are not that smart.

many are isolated emotionally too.

anyway money was stopped from being encashed kada.

Asal paisal lenodu happy emo em peekaleru vanni evadu

• Upvote 1

Just now, Thokkalee said:

Even the smartest people can sometimes get tricked by scamsters.. mana lanti vallu entha…

oka sari airline ticket reschedule cheddamani customer care ki call chesindi wifey… a desi guy answered and he said they have to cancel the ticket and rebook and asked for card information.. something didn’t sound right to her and she handed over the phone to me..

I talked to him and he sounded fishy.. I hung up the phone.. looks like my wife just googled “emirates customer service” and dialed the number that came up on google search… even google search gives you scam phone numbers first.. 

asalu vadu vayya telivikallodu.ok rescheduling costs 100 fee ani card teeskoni kummeyaka . Antha telivi kalla pani sesindu google la number petti but final ga failed

4 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

Same thing happened to me but it was Etihad. 2021 peak pandemic time lo it happened when I was in India. I pretty much gave my Amex plat number except 4 digits security code and then I realized that guy is a scammer ani. Immediate ga blocked the card. Em problem kakunda ayipoyndhi.

E google search lo vacchey first result number ni always double check chesukondi..correct or not ani.