parents change at old age

iddaritho

I have all my properties in India in my dads name , may be around 20 c so far ( this is my own money ) 

He owns a house may be around 8 C , and has 3 c worth grand father farm land and couple of 1 c  residential lands. 

he gave my sister 1 crore worth farm land in 2010 which might be 5 or 6 c now and changed to commercial. 

now my parents  are asking me to rebuild our house which is 40 years old 

we were having talks about it and they asked me around 3 crores to build G + 3 with pent house and expected rent of 2.5 laks for commercial and 1.2 laks for residential.

initially I was ok to give so they can use rent to live and don’t have to depend on me For anything 

but I asked him to write a will on my name , but he was not happy and want to give remaining properties equally to me and my sister 

I was ok but I said I won’t give any money for construction and asked them to sell the farm land to build the house and divide equally after them 

I also told them to change my lands on my dads name to mine. 
He didn’t expect this and was surprised that I asked , he was ok  to change , but can see he was sad inside. 

we never discuss much about our financial as I am only son and thought I will get the remaining properties. They  realize  that my wife will inherit lot of properties and they think my kids will have more than my sisters and they constantly worry about my sisters kid 

I did see some posts here and thought it was silly , but I just realized this can happen to anyone. 

59 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

I have all my properties in India in my dads name , may be around 20 c so far ( this is my own money ) 

He owns a house may be around 8 C , and has 3 c worth grand father farm land and couple of 1 c  residential lands. 

he gave my sister 1 crore worth farm land in 2010 which might be 5 or 6 c now and changed to commercial. 

we were having talks about it and they asked me around 3 crores to build G + 3 with pent house and expected rent of 2.5 laks for commercial and 1.2 laks for residential.

initially I was ok to give so they can use rent to live and don’t have to depend on me For anything 

but I asked him to write a will on my name , but he was not happy and want to give remaining properties equally to me and my sister 

I was ok but I said I won’t give any money for construction and asked them to sell the farm land to build the house and divide equally after them 

He didn’t expect this and was surprised that I asked , he was ok  to change , but can see he was sad inside. 

we never discuss much about our financial as I am only son and thought I will get the remaining properties. They  realize  that my wife will inherit lot of properties and they think my kids will have more than my sisters and they constantly worry about my sisters kid 

I did see some posts here and thought it was silly , but I just realized this can happen to anyone. 

I can understand where you’re coming from…

but let me explain manam edi expect cheyyodhu brother.. valu adiginapudu chathana ayte ivu neku kashtam ayte try to explain why you cannot maybe your expenses here…

don’t expect anything in return.

konavi anni from now ne peru meda chesko simple..

in my case my sister is rich and naku epudu kashtaale.. even though I don’t expect anything from anyone..

manam kashtapadavi manaki anthe.

dhevudu enthA isthe antha…don’t complicate relationships bro that’s all I can suggest..

4 hours ago, iddaritho said:

Fake badaco 

8 hours ago, Vaampire said:

Nee money tho konna properties nuvvu thisuko. Mee dad sampadinchindi ayina istam. Thatha muthathala nunchi vachindi 50-50. 

i dont see anything wrong in ur dad. Nee money tho nuvvu konna properties nee peru meedhaki transfer cheyyadaniki oppukunnadu gaa.  Also diving his properties between u & ur sister is totally fair. Infact mee sister ki ekkuva ivvali anipisthundochu because of financial difference.

kattnalloo annee denngee..thattaa muthathalloo annee mallee denggeee. 

whatever you send to India consider it a black hole and forget, you or your kids will never see that money if you settle here

antha dreams lo naku 50 neeku 50 anukovatame, reality lo adi jaragadhu

• Upvote 2

Boss, I dont know who you are ... But you posted my exact same problem. Sad man. I supported my parents and sister very much but they want to give every thing equal to me and my sister because they are more attached to my sister's kids

2 hours ago, 1528boys said:

Boss, I dont know who you are ... But you posted my exact same problem. Sad man. I supported my parents and sister very much but they want to give every thing equal to me and my sister because they are more attached to my sister's kids

That’s what happens man…. They get attached to who they see and meet regularly than the blood relatives abroad who visit them rarely ! 

• Upvote 1