parents change at old age

iddaritho

15 hours ago, iddaritho said:

I have all my properties in India in my dads name , may be around 20 c so far ( this is my own money ) 

He owns a house may be around 8 C , and has 3 c worth grand father farm land and couple of 1 c  residential lands. 

he gave my sister 1 crore worth farm land in 2010 which might be 5 or 6 c now and changed to commercial. 

now my parents  are asking me to rebuild our house which is 40 years old 

we were having talks about it and they asked me around 3 crores to build G + 3 with pent house and expected rent of 2.5 laks for commercial and 1.2 laks for residential.

initially I was ok to give so they can use rent to live and don’t have to depend on me For anything 

but I asked him to write a will on my name , but he was not happy and want to give remaining properties equally to me and my sister 

I was ok but I said I won’t give any money for construction and asked them to sell the farm land to build the house and divide equally after them 

I also told them to change my lands on my dads name to mine. 
He didn’t expect this and was surprised that I asked , he was ok  to change , but can see he was sad inside. 

we never discuss much about our financial as I am only son and thought I will get the remaining properties. They  realize  that my wife will inherit lot of properties and they think my kids will have more than my sisters and they constantly worry about my sisters kid 

I did see some posts here and thought it was silly , but I just realized this can happen to anyone. 

Aasti cheri sagam ista annaru kada inka ni lolli endi vaa. neeku paisal vuntey iyyi illu kadtaru ledantey old house la vuntaru. anni neekey kavali ani kakruti padaku mee chelli ki istey em edupu vaya , bayiti vallaku istey emanna anukovochu kani own sister ki ivadaniki enti.sister bidda nee kodalu kada ame ni pallala laaga same financial ga vundali ani anukova? nee pillalu kastapadi sampadinchara better financial level lo vundataniki? ninnu mee parents us pampaleda ? mee sis ni pampinara mari

15 hours ago, iddaritho said:

I have all my properties in India in my dads name , may be around 20 c so far ( this is my own money ) 

He owns a house may be around 8 C , and has 3 c worth grand father farm land and couple of 1 c  residential lands. 

he gave my sister 1 crore worth farm land in 2010 which might be 5 or 6 c now and changed to commercial. 

we were having talks about it and they asked me around 3 crores to build G + 3 with pent house and expected rent of 2.5 laks for commercial and 1.2 laks for residential.

initially I was ok to give so they can use rent to live and don’t have to depend on me For anything 

but I asked him to write a will on my name , but he was not happy and want to give remaining properties equally to me and my sister 

I was ok but I said I won’t give any money for construction and asked them to sell the farm land to build the house and divide equally after them 

He didn’t expect this and was surprised that I asked , he was ok  to change , but can see he was sad inside. 

we never discuss much about our financial as I am only son and thought I will get the remaining properties. They  realize  that my wife will inherit lot of properties and they think my kids will have more than my sisters and they constantly worry about my sisters kid 

I did see some posts here and thought it was silly , but I just realized this can happen to anyone. 

This already happened in my case and i have come to terms with his decision .... and be done with it .... it is peaceful for me now ... else those days when this was going on .... i was totally stressed ..... hair fall and BP .... so settle fast and move forward ..... it is best for your health and your dad's health .... deenilo only benefit will be for your sister .... anthe ... she does not have stress and she will get free money ... with doing nothing .... and her husband will get his money from his family .... full happies ..........

• Upvote 1

Endi raa ee lathkor thread lu..antha aasthi pettukuni inka kakkurthi endi..em chesukuntavu antha…please feel happy that you have a dad who is looking a daughter same as son. Please respect that. You were a good son until now in dad’s mind and keep that until he passes on the property.

16 hours ago, iddaritho said:

Does ur sister live in India? 

5 minutes ago, AnandaVivek said:

Endi raa ee lathkor thread lu..antha aasthi pettukuni inka kakkurthi endi..em chesukuntavu antha…please feel happy that you have a dad who is looking a daughter same as son. Please respect that. You were a good son until now in dad’s mind and keep that until he passes on the property.

His father is good person I agree , as his father is sharing equally then his sister has to spend money on house well right .. why just him!

16 hours ago, iddaritho said:

Unless you move to india, you shouldn’t expect same. He may be little biased as she is close to him in all good/bad and when in sick and  in need if something immediately.

You should not have asked to write on your name at this point of time.

17 hours ago, iddaritho said:

Ni properties tisuko.. valla properties. Valla istam Ani cheppu... You don't expect any of their property whether to give you or not.. 

Yes man... Parents are selfish with the kids they were born... And show partiality towards haves and have nots....  Haves will always be cornered .... No sympathy towards them... They feel that they are doing good job by keeping all the kids in equal status.... 

7 hours ago, 1528boys said:

Boss, I dont know who you are ... But you posted my exact same problem. Sad man. I supported my parents and sister very much but they want to give every thing equal to me and my sister because they are more attached to my sister's kids

Sister kids are born first... They get all the first love... That's the case... 

Every parent have the same issue ... Mine and my friend parents tooo.... 

Mee ayya shana reasonable ga unnadu baa…gadhe maa ayya ithe anni mee sister ke icchetidhi ….nuvvu America poyinav mammalni evaru soosukuntunnaru mee sia kadha? Akkada nee thana dabbulu dhandi gane unnayi gaa… inka eeda asthulathoni neeku endhuku 

America lo unnavi unchuko india lo unnavi anni mee sis ke ani pedharayudu type lo theerpu seppevadu 

The money that you earned (20C), your father is willing to transfer to your name. I think you should get this done ASAP.

Now, Your father's decision to do his property 50-50 is fair. But that 50-50 should also include the 1C that was given as dowry in the past. 

I don't see anything wrong with you or your father in this. The only thing, if at all, is the expectations. If you were open since the beginning, then there would be no issues but since you did not discuss financials openly until now, both are not able to digest others opinion.

6 hours ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

The money that you earned (20C), your father is willing to transfer to your name. I think you should get this done ASAP.

Now, Your father's decision to do his property 50-50 is fair. But that 50-50 should also include the 1C that was given as dowry in the past. 

I don't see anything wrong with you or your father in this. The only thing, if at all, is the expectations. If you were open since the beginning, then there would be no issues but since you did not discuss financials openly until now, both are not able to digest others opinion.

Unfortunately I didn’t ask for any thing till now and even now I don’t want to take their properties , but I didn’t want to spend another 3 C on building a house for renting or commercial which doesn’t really yield much return , I decided to do it only if i was going to inherit , now I want them to sell our other lands and construct and then divide rather then using my money. 

I could see he is sad , my mom was shocked about my dads decision , she is against giving anything to my sister , as I give my sister kids 2 to 5 laks every year for some or other events and functions. I feel I am doing everything but I am being made the bad guy who is money minded , that’s what is making me sad

On 4/1/2023 at 3:21 PM, iddaritho said:

Eppudu Nuvvu illu kattistey ...adi kuda 50-50 pamnchutha antundaa

2 minutes ago, Kootami said:

Eppudu Nuvvu illu kattistey ...adi kuda 50-50 pamnchutha antundaa

Yes, anduke asking them to sell land and build house rather than me paying 

12 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

Yes, anduke asking them to sell land and build house rather than me paying 

Koduku responsibility teskovali , kuthuru matram nthg . Ghat Ghar ki kahani . 

Me dad tho matladu, 3Cr antey pedda amount ee

On 4/1/2023 at 4:21 PM, iddaritho said:

Nuvvu america la enduku unnav va first of all antha property pettukuni 

• Upvote 2