URGENT HELP: Kids US passport expiring in 3 months and need to visit India in 3 days?

alta

Evisa says passport needs to be atleast 6 months from expiry date?

Em options unnayi?

US rush passport renewal not done for kids < 10 years ani undi. Please help if you have any info on this

7 minutes ago, alta said:

Em options unnayi?

US rush passport renewal not done for kids < 10 years ani undi. Please help if you have any info on this

Alanti req chisntalu gurthu ledy bro for evisa have you applied is not allowing to submit I think it should be fine 

19 minutes ago, alta said:

Em options unnayi?

India will grant visa irrespective of passport validity but it is the airline that will deny boarding as US citizens needs 6 months validity

4 minutes ago, alta said:

yeah renewed passport is taking around 7 - 9 weeks for kids US citizen

i think there is a way to expedite. I heard somewhere if you show you international ticket they will process in a week

Thank you all, trying all ways. Checking the link Sreenidhee. Indaka check chesi nappudu Rush passport

Brain in frozen mode, so looking for help. Thanks again 

5 hours ago, alta said:

Em options unnayi?

Renewal shouldn’t take more than 4-6 weeks.

@alta did you find any solution? We are flying on May 20 and applied for my kids US passport renewal on March  29th(expedited). US DOS website says 7 to 9 weeks for expedited, so I'm not sure we'll get my kids passport by then...there is an option to get it on emergency, provided the travel is within 14 days. Thinking of waiting till May 1st and call US DOS for emergency passport renewal. Unfortunately, looks like there are lot of passport applications for US DOS and it's increasing their processing time even more...

Kid ki OCI unte 6 month rule doesn’t apply.

Kid can travel with a valid passport on the day of departure. Passport can expire in India no issues because OCI can reside in India without valid passport. For travelling back you can renew in India.

Unfortunately, if you have to apply for visa 6 month rule kicks in.

• Thanks 1

call travel state customer service and make an emergency appointment. they give passport in 1 day - u have to go to local metro city with in person appointment. 100 dollars u have to pay. confirmation ticket is required. 

another option - check with airlines.. my daughter had 5 months - emirates allowed and there is no rule for 6 months. should be valid until ur return ticket.

• Thanks 1