Got a call from my past employer for working two jobs

all_cinema_abhimani

Today, I got a call from my previous employer who I resigned a month ago. It is a big bank, the person asked me if I was working for another consultancy firm at the same time and asked about what type of work I did. She didn't believe when I said it is a freelance work and she said it is IT related and she said I am working full time based on the payroll amounts. I am afraid and not sure what to do now? Do they take legal action? anyone encountered this?

4 minutes ago, all_cinema_abhimani said:

Today, I got a call from my previous employer who I resigned a month ago. It is a big bank, the person asked me if I was working for another consultancy firm at the same time and asked about what type of work I did. She didn't believe when I said it is a freelance work and she said it is IT related and she said I am working full time based on the payroll amounts. I am afraid and not sure what to do now? Do they take legal action? anyone encountered this?

Banking why risk bro ?

since u already resigned from the bank , they may not do much. they wont have time to take this further..

If u are still working at the bank, they could have fire you..

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, all_cinema_abhimani said:

Banking, health care and Pharma lo 2 jobs cheyadam always risky.. I don’t think immigration impact avadhu but if your employer has solid evidence that the time that should be dedicated to the company is used else where, they can collect the damages.. which is your pay… ask one of your colleagues to see what is mentioned in the employment handbook, ma company lo aythae 2 times the salary pay cheyali.. 

idhi chala common in most pharma companies lo.. so just be prepared to keep some money in savings and talk to an attorney..

more importantly don’t panic.. you will be fine.:

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, all_cinema_abhimani said:

aina how did they know how many pay checks are run on your name? something doesn't add up here, if its freelancing how can you get paid? 

There could be some legal issues between that bank and you, sometimes it falls under fraud. Get ready for some legal action and be mentally prepared.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, all_cinema_abhimani said:

Next mangalavaram black hawk helicopters lo vachhi, doors break chesi, face ki black mask petti, hand cuffs vesi, unknown location ki thiskapothaaru.. interrogation ki.. 

Marchipokundaa bokkalu leni underwear vesko.. 

How is everyone managing social security tax with multiple pay checks.. Generally for 2022, if your income exceeds 147,000 during the mid of year ..Social security tax will not be deducted from paycheck for rest of the year..

Multiple jobs vunnavallu, social security tax double or triple kadutunnara ? 

1 minute ago, Tenali said:

How is everyone managing social security tax with multiple pay checks.. Generally for 2022, if your income exceeds 147,000 during the mid of year ..Social security tax will not be deducted from paycheck for rest of the year..

Multiple jobs vunnavallu, social security tax double or triple kadutunnara ? 

Enni jobs unna okka company (H1B holder) e ga run chesedhi paycheck..

2 minutes ago, Arjun9 said:

Enni jobs unna okka company (H1B holder) e ga run chesedhi paycheck..

I came across some folks who are doing multiple full time jobs

Ma team lo kondariki (Americans) mails vachay so and so person ikkada work chestunnara ani (not sure if it from department of labor or uscis). Ma manager cheppadu. I think some clients are doing extensive employment background.