Breaking: Tesla Model Y Price cut

Gaali_Gottam_Govinda

8 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Yep...

How much it can go lower? Probably another 2k or 3k. At that point, they undercut pretty much every EV competition and also eat into RAV4 and CR-V. 

It's not Tesla that loses after that - every EV manufacturer can't compete with them. 

Advantage Tesla has is that they can sell base model for less and make it up - they can even sell advance auto pilot on subscription for 100 or 75$ per month and generate good income.

I wouldn't care about what happens to competition. I care about how much I pay for a car that I would buy.

1 hour ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

I wouldn't care about what happens to competition. I care about how much I pay for a car that I would buy.

I'm just saying prices can still drop more, but not much . If you need a car now buy.

40 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

I'm just saying prices can still drop more, but not much . If you need a car now buy.

With a recession looming and legacy automaker dealerships still charging mark-ups, I think we have a long way to go. 

6 months after the moment you don't have waiting for all automobiles (Kia, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota), we have to think it is done. I think we have a long way to go.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

With a recession looming and legacy automaker dealerships still charging mark-ups, I think we have a long way to go. 

6 months after the moment you don't have waiting for all automobiles (Kia, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota), we have to think it is done. I think we have a long way to go.

Recession vachinaa, mana Desis have lots of pacha notlu, they can easily afford. Soon Tesla will be like a HeroHonda motor cycle in 1990s and 2000s. Every household will have a Tesla. Other non Tesla car Dealers who are still making mark ups will soon exhaust and will start selling for invoice price!!

The future of the automotive market: the data speaks for itself

IMAGE: EV sales forecast from 2020 t0 2025, by brand IMAGE: Visual Capitalist

Tesla’s dominance of the automotive market, despite all those who said it would lose its position when the traditional brands started to manufacture electric vehicles, leaves no doubt that the ongoing technological transition will soon see internal combustion vehicles as relics of a bygone age.

In China, the world’s largest market, EVs already make up 30% of sales, and the price of internal combustion vehicles there is plummeting. Chinese car companies are rapidly shifting to the production of EVs, led by companies such as BYD in response to new emissions rules that come into force in July. As a result, many of the vehicles that dealers have in their already high post-Covid inventory will soon be worthless, and despite increasingly aggressive rebates people are not buying.

Globally, the factors influencing the transition to EVs are obvious: emissions standards, which are due to come into force for new vehicle sales and that will eventually be applied to vehicles in circulation through road testing. At the same time, carmakers are now focusing on producing cheaper EVs: Tesla is readying to attack the only segment it has not yet conquered, Volkswagen has high hopes for the ID.2, and several Chinese brands are set to enter North America and Europe. As lithium becomes cheaper and more abundant, and engines and batteries fall in price and are more efficient, by 2027, estimates suggest it will be cheaper to produce an EV than a petrol or diesel vehicle, and that is without taking into account the enormous economies of scale in manufacturing that companies like Tesla obtain.

What’s more, the total cost of ownership of EVs is so low relative to their traditional counterparts that more and more users see them as a more attractive option. With mounting evidence that all the claims about electric vehicles were self-serving lies that were never borne out by reality — that they were no good for long journeys, that the batteries were unreliable, that they had a larger carbon footprint than traditional vehicles, or that they were expensive to maintain — EVs are playing a key role in one of the most important technological transitions in human history. In the not too distant future, cars that were noisy, smoky or required expensive servicing each year will be a thing of the past. And it’s about time.

https://medium.com/enrique-dans/the-future-of-the-automotive-market-the-data-speaks-for-itself-47f551281ffa

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 1:53 AM, hunkyfunky2 said:

Yep...

How much it can go lower? Probably another 2k or 3k. At that point, they undercut pretty much every EV competition and also eat into RAV4 and CR-V. 

It's not Tesla that loses after that - every EV manufacturer can't compete with them. 

Advantage Tesla has is that they can sell base model for less and make it up - they can even sell advance auto pilot on subscription for 100 or 75$ per month and generate good income.

2K or 3K already done. Looking for even more price cuts now.

On 4/9/2023 at 3:56 PM, allbakara said:

The future of the automotive market: the data speaks for itself

IMAGE: EV sales forecast from 2020 t0 2025, by brand IMAGE: Visual Capitalist

Tesla’s dominance of the automotive market, despite all those who said it would lose its position when the traditional brands started to manufacture electric vehicles, leaves no doubt that the ongoing technological transition will soon see internal combustion vehicles as relics of a bygone age.

In China, the world’s largest market, EVs already make up 30% of sales, and the price of internal combustion vehicles there is plummeting. Chinese car companies are rapidly shifting to the production of EVs, led by companies such as BYD in response to new emissions rules that come into force in July. As a result, many of the vehicles that dealers have in their already high post-Covid inventory will soon be worthless, and despite increasingly aggressive rebates people are not buying.

Globally, the factors influencing the transition to EVs are obvious: emissions standards, which are due to come into force for new vehicle sales and that will eventually be applied to vehicles in circulation through road testing. At the same time, carmakers are now focusing on producing cheaper EVs: Tesla is readying to attack the only segment it has not yet conquered, Volkswagen has high hopes for the ID.2, and several Chinese brands are set to enter North America and Europe. As lithium becomes cheaper and more abundant, and engines and batteries fall in price and are more efficient, by 2027, estimates suggest it will be cheaper to produce an EV than a petrol or diesel vehicle, and that is without taking into account the enormous economies of scale in manufacturing that companies like Tesla obtain.

What’s more, the total cost of ownership of EVs is so low relative to their traditional counterparts that more and more users see them as a more attractive option. With mounting evidence that all the claims about electric vehicles were self-serving lies that were never borne out by reality — that they were no good for long journeys, that the batteries were unreliable, that they had a larger carbon footprint than traditional vehicles, or that they were expensive to maintain — EVs are playing a key role in one of the most important technological transitions in human history. In the not too distant future, cars that were noisy, smoky or required expensive servicing each year will be a thing of the past. And it’s about time.

https://medium.com/enrique-dans/the-future-of-the-automotive-market-the-data-speaks-for-itself-47f551281ffa

By 2025 gm will be number 1

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, naughty15 said:

ikkada tesla ni enduku antha negative spread chestunnaru..is it bcoz desis buying?

everyone has opinion positive or negative 

buyers buy anyway

39 minutes ago, AnandaVivek said:

Kullu bhayya..typical desi kullu

lol..kullu for what uncle? anyone can afford a tesla...nuvvu teslaki say $1000 monthly kadte vallu say Toyota/Honda/ICE carki oka $800 kadtaru...$200 diffki malli kullu bokka ani pedha pedha matalu deniki

I have a friend who drives a 20 years old car but spends thousands on camera equipment....its just a difference of interest but I see lot of guys in desi community who brought Teslas just because thats the rage and they are not even tech savy

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1