Cloud storage options cheppandi

*Prince Charming

11 hours ago, *Prince Charming said:

I have lot of DSLR pics , close to a TB. External HD lo store chesaa konni but worried that might be infected and want to know any cheaper cloud storage options. Meeku telsinavi suggest please......

cheap ante asus cloud. usually 20 per year offer chesthadu. 

but one time investment ante synology NAS (around 400) install chesuko. You can set synology to clone data into another drive automatically. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southyeast said:

In this day and age you can automate backups for most of the devices, that is where NAS shines and you have a lot of open source options to do that. If you are planning to store with Amazon prime, they can change their policy from unlimited storage anytime and read somewhere they are planning to raise the Prime membership to $179 annually. Some of these unlimited photo storage services will compress your files and could use your data for AI/ML projects.

Coming to external backup's, you can find if any of your friends using NAS and buck-up a copy on their NAS by providing them a HDD and that can be automated and encrypted for privacy. Synology provides Hyper back-up service to backup remotely for any important files at reasonable price, which is only for important stuff.

If your house is robbed or caught fire, there are other important things to worry about. The NAS drives are encrypted so even if they are robbed, they cannot be accessed. I am not sure if they are encrypted with some of the cloud providers.

Anyways It is up to you what you want to go with, this is my two cents and wanted to help you make a informed decision.

Yup. nenu two drive synology set chesa. 450 ayindi. peace of mind.