Managing Jira

toranam

33 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

i am curious maa team jira updates chooste …meeremantaro…?

every jira has to follow the tempalte…and all the variables…like proper description, definition of done, acceptance criteria, proper labels, tagging under correct epic, component, fix version, story points..etc

sprint closes in two weeks…for every sprint close…there is sprint retro to discuss what is good bad about previous sprint ….and there is refinement/backlog grooming for next sprint…

management create some monthly/quarterly reports out of those jiras like burndown charts…etc

idantaa oo process laa jarigipoddhi…

This is standard for agile development and good way to track things from mgmt pov.

As an IC dev it would seem like a chore.

4 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

i am curious maa team jira updates chooste …meeremantaro…?

every jira has to follow the tempalte…and all the variables…like proper description, definition of done, acceptance criteria, proper labels, tagging under correct epic, component, fix version, story points..etc

sprint closes in two weeks…for every sprint close…there is sprint retro to discuss what is good bad about previous sprint ….and there is refinement/backlog grooming for next sprint…

management create some monthly/quarterly reports out of those jiras like burndown charts…etc

idantaa oo process laa jarigipoddhi…

those are ok.. any jira ticket should have proper details n description..  but adding times to each n every ticket .. is challenging.. when you get 8-10 tickets daily.. and every 2 days if manager pings you tickets to update as sometimes which waits from requestor.. it just piles up and diff to maintain.

every 2 weeks sprints jira tickets are fine

33 minutes ago, hydusguy said:

those are ok.. any jira ticket should have proper details n description..  but adding times to each n every ticket .. is challenging.. when you get 8-10 tickets daily.. and every 2 days if manager pings you tickets to update as sometimes which waits from requestor.. it just piles up and diff to maintain.

every 2 weeks sprints jira tickets are fine

8-10 tickets…daily..?

something wrong…

how is your teams story points mapping..? generally 2 story points is 4 to 6 hours of work..

1 hour ago, dasari4kntr said:

8-10 tickets…daily..?

something wrong…

how is your teams story points mapping..? generally 2 story points is 4 to 6 hours of work..

i am not dev.. i am admin/operations....so dev or app have all jnk chamges all time