Zoom remote access to VS code in admin mode

vk2

I have to open VS code inAdmin mode.

when I screen share n give remote access in Zoom, the other person not able to edit. I tried to open zoom with admin … still no luck 

any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, vk2 said:

when I screen share n give remote access in Zoom, the other person not able to edit. I tried to open zoom with admin … still no luck 

any suggestions?

1. Make sure the remote user has the necessary permissions to edit files on your computer. You may need to adjust the file sharing settings or grant specific permissions to the remote user.
  2. Check your security settings to ensure that remote access is allowed and that the necessary ports are open. You may need to adjust your firewall or network settings.
  3. Try using a different remote access tool or method to see if the issue persists.

10 minutes ago, vk2 said:

any suggestions?

Vs code lo liveshare plugin untadi kadha so other guy also code along with you?

4 minutes ago, ramudu said:

Vs code lo liveshare plugin untadi kadha so other guy also code along with you?

does github workspaces works..? i am also looking for this for coding interviews..

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

does github workspaces works..? i am also looking for this for coding interviews..

You mean code space bro , if you are using browser based editor , managing is hard unless you have commerical plan , otherwise everytime new vm spin chesthadi anukuntaa and you need to install plugins ...

Interviews ki why don't you use coderpad like tools? 

3 minutes ago, ramudu said:

You mean code space bro , if you are using browser based editor , managing is hard unless you have commerical plan , otherwise everytime new vm spin chesthadi anukuntaa and you need to install plugins ...

Interviews ki why don't you use coderpad like tools? 

yup..using codesandbox.io...for now...but sometimes i want to take control..and write something...like giving test inputs..etc

CHATGPT REPLY 😄-

If you need to open Visual Studio Code (VS Code) in admin mode while screen sharing and giving remote access in Zoom, here are a few suggestions:

1. Run VS Code as Administrator: Right-click on the VS Code icon and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. This will launch VS Code with administrative privileges, allowing the other person to edit files when you share your screen and give them remote access in Zoom.

2. Use the "Run as administrator" option in Zoom: When sharing your screen in Zoom, you can try using the "Run as administrator" option for the Zoom application itself. To do this, right-click on the Zoom icon or Zoom window, select "Run as administrator" from the context menu, and then share your screen. This may give Zoom the necessary permissions to allow the other person to edit files in VS Code.

3. Adjust folder permissions: If running VS Code or Zoom as administrator does not work, you can try adjusting the folder permissions of the files or folders that you want the other person to edit. Right-click on the folder, select "Properties," go to the "Security" tab, and click on "Edit" to adjust the permissions. You may need to grant write or modify permissions to the user account of the person who is remotely accessing your computer through Zoom.

4. Disable User Account Control (UAC): User Account Control (UAC) is a Windows feature that can sometimes interfere with administrative privileges. You can try disabling UAC temporarily to see if it resolves the issue. To disable UAC, type "UAC" in the Windows search bar, click on "Change User Account Control settings," and move the slider to the lowest level. Note that disabling UAC can be a security risk, so make sure to re-enable it after troubleshooting.

Please note that running applications or sharing files in admin mode can have security implications, so exercise caution and only use these suggestions if you are confident in the remote access you are providing and the security measures in place on your system.

18 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

yup..using codesandbox.io...for now...but sometimes i want to take control..and write something...like giving test inputs..etc

Bro I just tested it , now it has tons of features including web vs code editor , just follow below steps for coding interview

Install liveshare plugin in your local vs code

Create project for interview

Copy liveshare link and give to other person and ask him to share screen

Other person can paste the link in browser and vs code will ask open browser editor or local vs code , choose whatever he feels comfortable , other person can join as guest user without signin 

Now , you can code along with him like adding more test data etc...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ramudu said:

Bro I just tested it , now it has tons of features including web vs code editor , just follow below steps for coding interview

Install liveshare plugin in your local vs code

Create project for interview

Copy liveshare link and give to other person and ask him to share screen

Other person can paste the link in browser and vs code will ask open browser editor or local vs code , choose whatever he feels comfortable

Now , you can code along with him like adding more test data etc...

cool...

thanks...

i will check... will check firms rules as well...