is you kids studying in charter schools..?

dasari4kntr

2 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

MOST private schools. In some areas, attending private schools mean automatic great grades (full discretion of teachers) , great extra curricular activities and college placement assistance . Most of them end up at Top 20 schools. 

ONE BIG problem of going to Magnet or GT schools is that their GPA suffers. Not all colleges are equipped to look at rigor of a school.  Heard first hand - kid was repenting going to a magnet school - saying I put 4 times more effort and sleepless nights  , only to get below par GPA and ended up at mediocre schools. 

But have you seen their talent ?? They are beat bro who cares for GPA these days ??

1 hour ago, fasak_vachadu said:

Links veyandi ela chudaloo 

maa deggara oka school unnadi cathalic baga strict and displine baga nerchukuntaru ani cheptharu but next year admissions ayipoyinavi January lo ne 

ippudu poye public school biscuit school 

Take care of kids or they will get used to drugs 

11 hours ago, Khaidi6093 said:

But have you seen their talent ?? They are beat bro who cares for GPA these days ??

Look at numbers for top 30 schools. Don't go by media which says there is no need for GPA or SAT or ACT.

I hate mainstream media which gives 2% actual info and rest all bullshit

11 hours ago, Khaidi6093 said:

Take care of kids or they will get used to drugs 

Keep them busy is the only way to do.... 

13 hours ago, sreenidhee said:

little confused. Are you saying private schools better than Magnet or GT ? I thought Magnet GT are private schools 

No, different.

GT/charter/magnet - they are public schools- operated by school district or governor of state for academically advanced students. They work on research projects and/or specific fields apart from high school subjects.

Private schools- you pay between 2k to 3k per month minimum... They have very low student to teacher ratio, also push students to do more than what high school subjects. Some of them also are selective in admissions.... Basically these are for " good " and rich students. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Look at numbers for top 30 schools. Don't go by media which says there is no need for GPA or SAT or ACT.

I hate mainstream media which gives 2% actual info and rest all bullshit

Keep them busy is the only way to do.... 

I am saying who cares GPA, knowledge is important, magnet gt school kids are way better than public/private/charter kids only in knowledge and other curriculum activities 

31 minutes ago, Khaidi6093 said:

I am saying who cares GPA, knowledge is important, magnet gt school kids are way better than public/private/charter kids only in knowledge and other curriculum activities 

Yes. But it's also equally important to get to good colleges.

It's the network and environment that is different from other colleges.

You can get Stanford degree sitting at home, just paying for evaluation. Then why do people pay 300k+ and invest 4 years of their time? 

If you are highly highly talented - I mean like Einstein then yeah... No need for GPA or good colleges. 

1 hour ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Yes. But it's also equally important to get to good colleges.

It's the network and environment that is different from other colleges.

You can get Stanford degree sitting at home, just paying for evaluation. Then why do people pay 300k+ and invest 4 years of their time? 

If you are highly highly talented - I mean like Einstein then yeah... No need for GPA or good colleges. 

I said no need for GPA not colleges, if someone goes to Magnet, they have good base and can survive any college and gain knowledge. Doesn’t have to be very good colleges, I have seen many Stanford graduates good for nothing and many community college folks in good position in their career so basically foundation is very important and that is what you get with Magnet GT schools in US

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Khaidi6093 said:

I said no need for GPA not colleges, if someone goes to Magnet, they have good base and can survive any college and gain knowledge. Doesn’t have to be very good colleges, I have seen many Stanford graduates good for nothing and many community college folks in good position in their career so basically foundation is very important and that is what you get with Magnet GT schools in US

I get it - agree. 

It depends on the public schools - some are very good and offer lot of optional subjects, clubs and support AP courses etc. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ranam_007 said:

don't send them to those robo schools. Those only create labors as sri chaitanya or parayana produced

Have you ever seen curriculum of Magnet GT school ?Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

• Upvote 1