Help with Nri Home sale

manamthoupule

Planning to sell a property in Hyderabad and have following question.

CA is saying Agreement of Sale is mandatory to get lower TDS certificate from income tax department. We can't take any token money before Agreement of sale as Nri since we need to pay TDS on that amount and we can't claim that. Is it safe to go with Agreement of Sale without buyer paying any money before Agreement of Sale ? How is everyone selling property as Nri ? Please help.

Usually if you are a resident we take some token money before Agreement of sale.

6 minutes ago, manamthoupule said:

Planning to sell a property in Hyderabad and have following question.

CA is saying Agreement of Sale is mandatory to get lower TDS certificate from income tax department. We can't take any token money before Agreement of sale as Nri since we need to pay TDS on that amount and we can't claim that. Is it safe to go with Agreement of Sale without buyer paying any money before Agreement of Sale ? How is everyone selling property as Nri ? Please help.

Usually if you are a resident we take some token money before Agreement of sale.

Check DM

agreement of sale is needed for registration. you can write for a lesser amount and take rest in cash...what ever the capital gain is you need to pay 33% tax if you decalre as NRI. my two cents if sell for a 10% more than the previous regd value and rest take cash in India or US

• Upvote 1

I do not have experience but I know the struggles of a NRI. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know. I am in Hyderabad and I can support you. I am not expecting anything in return. Pay it forward.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jatka Bandi said:

I do not have experience but I know the struggles of a NRI. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know. I am in Hyderabad and I can support you. I am not expecting anything in return. Pay it forward.

@Happy2BHere, I do not know why you laughed at my post but I was serious. Prati okkadu scam kaadu. I have some values.