Tesla slashes prices again

csrcsr

25 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

No words...

10k down in 2 months.. 25k down in 4 months...

I don’t think so… someone is tracking the prices here..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F5IQOynIawoXiJPVarLDgPQDJAdzY8b5Vamw-Vf3eSY/htmlview

you also have to factor in the federal tax credits.. Tesla cars were not eligible for this last year.. also last year, there was huge demand due to high manufacturing cost, less production and chip shortage.. 

2 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

I don’t think so… someone is tracking the prices here..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F5IQOynIawoXiJPVarLDgPQDJAdzY8b5Vamw-Vf3eSY/htmlview

you also have to factor in the federal tax credits.. Tesla cars were not eligible for this last year.. also last year, there was huge demand due to high manufacturing cost, less production and chip shortage.. 

16k + possibly 7500 incentive... 

• csrcsr changed the title to Tesla slashes prices again
1 minute ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

16k + possibly 7500 incentive... 

yes.. 8-10K difference I guess.. 

also Tesla doesn’t have warehouses or dealers to keep the cars.. he has to sell them while they are manufactured.. he will keep reducing the prices as he produces more and more cars., 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

yes.. 8-10K difference I guess.. 

also Tesla doesn’t have warehouses or dealers to keep the cars.. he has to sell them while they are manufactured.. he will keep reducing the prices as he produces more and more cars., 

Austin and Berlin started ramping up production... Effectively doubling the volume. He needs to generate demand.

Supply constraints, parts have come down.

Parts supply will be stable -- parts manufacturer has to sell to some one - it's better be Tesla for then long-term.

Engineering is fixed cost, so profit per vehicle may not be effected.

These prices are roughly pre pandemic prices - 10%

4 hours ago, csrcsr said:

Orey musk gaa 3 months kinda konavalaki baga petav raa

That’s every car situation now. People had to pay more market adjustment price. Now they are getting for standard.

If he can bring the prices around 40k for midsize vehicles his sales would shoot like a rocket, i would like to know the numbers how many orders he got because of this pricing?

All car dealers charged premium for cars last year.  Tesla bypassed the dealers. With supply chain issues easing down , it's expected that prices will be slashed. I think car dealers will also give discounts.  It's just not official on the manufacturer website.

50 minutes ago, praying said:

If he can bring the prices around 40k for midsize vehicles his sales would shoot like a rocket, i would like to know the numbers how many orders he got because of this pricing?

Already 40k kada for model y with fed incentive. Are you talking about msrp?