Moving to Richmond, VA

krrish

2 hours ago, krrish said:

New House konalante ye places lo chudalo cheppu bhayya, akkade 1 yr rental teesukoni, sign cheyyachu kada nachite

Already bought house no bro recently, you posted something like that, selling it soon?

1 hour ago, allbakara said:

Already bought house no bro recently, you posted something like that, selling it soon?

Did not sell, changing jobs, no options but to relocate 

2 hours ago, ranam_007 said:

stay in harbor village, sundance station, champions club and more apartments all desi preferred

Apartments ok bhayya, house konalante chala planning undali, min 1 yr ayina place, schools, safety anni satisfy ayite kani plan cheyyalem

4 hours ago, krrish said:

Richmond lo telugu vallu ekkada unnaru? What are the good places to stay? Pros and cons in comparison with Texas or Florida? State tax and property taxes seem to be high in VA, what salary should be decent for a family with 2 kids? Also, plz share any info on good school districts….thanks

Allergy season is horrible. Actually Richmond is worse than Austin 😂.

Vehicles bayata park chesthey mothham green avuthayi pollen tho 

It’s good for family with kids , small town , kumon, schools , kids classes all near short pump , lot of Telugu desi crowd 

madison apartments, Wellesley apartments 

school ratings 9, 10 mostly 

weather in winter is mostly around 45

i stayed 8 years there @ cap one

small city and weather wise perfect, not too much of anything.

few job opportunities are the big con.

don’t expect to be cheap compared to texas for houses

in short pump, broad street areas people are not able to afford, so moving to far places like mechanicsville, and midlothian !!

telugu/desi crowd good 

state tax undi ~6.25 and property tax ~ 1 and car also considered property and tax will be there.

Edited by pandu123b

11 hours ago, pandu123b said:

i stayed 8 years there @ cap one

small city and weather wise perfect, not too much of anything.

few job opportunities are the big con.

don’t expect to be cheap compared to texas for houses

in short pump, broad street areas people are not able to afford, so moving to far places like mechanicsville, and midlothian !!

telugu/desi crowd good 

state tax undi ~6.25 and property tax ~ 1 and car also considered property and tax will be there.

Thanks bhayya for the info…salary enta negotiate cheyyachu with 6 yrs exp…120k base is good?

17 hours ago, krrish said:

Richmond lo telugu vallu ekkada unnaru? What are the good places to stay? Pros and cons in comparison with Texas or Florida? State tax and property taxes seem to be high in VA, what salary should be decent for a family with 2 kids? Also, plz share any info on good school districts….thanks

Short pump area, Contact me

18 hours ago, krrish said:

Nenu Richmond yee , West end lo untaru mostly... Now a days folks are moving to Midlothian.

Schools are having good ratings near Westend.

38 minutes ago, krrish said:

Thanks bhayya for the info…salary enta negotiate cheyyachu with 6 yrs exp…120k base is good?

Normal 2 bed room aprtment is costing 1500+ , i would aim for higher. 120K is still good provided wify is workign as well else i would go higher. 

Costs baaga perigi poyyayi

2 minutes ago, CrazyLuckyGuy said:

Normal 2 bed room aprtment is costing 1500+ , i would aim for higher. 120K is still good provided wify is workign as well else i would go higher. 

Costs baaga perigi poyyayi

Wify not currently working, but with GC on hand, I am hoping her to get soon

2 minutes ago, Chaandhini said:

Richmond very good place, I worked Altria Phillip Morris in 2014 very good pay $140K that time base now no idea 

Aa rojullo 140k ante, ippudu 120k ante jujubi kada, will try to negotiate more

• Like 1