Quit a full time for multiple WFH contracting ?

Telugodura456

Is the trade off worthy. Multiple contracting almsot double full time income. But contracting ante appudaina povacchu.

full time means good chance to coast till retirement.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Is the trade off worthy. Multiple contracting almsot double full time income. But contracting ante appudaina povacchu.

GC unte risk theesko .. but WFH ane option sinking ship lantidi .. rather than that edanna laid back unde FTE theeskoni andulo WFH adugu .. adi vachinaka WFH contracts vethukko best

2 minutes ago, mettastar said:

GC unte risk theesko .. but WFH ane option sinking ship lantidi .. rather than that edanna laid back unde FTE theeskoni andulo WFH adugu .. adi vachinaka WFH contracts vethukko best

ippudu FTE vaadu hybrid ramantunnadu. That means i need to give up a nice low effort contracting gig i am doing.

Antha pay hit jeerninchukoleka pothunna.  but i dont have any second WFH contracting job right now. applying.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

ippudu FTE vaadu hybrid ramantunnadu. That means i need to give up a nice low effort contracting gig i am doing.

Antha pay hit jeerninchukoleka pothunna.  but i dont have any second WFH contracting job right now. applying.

Hmm extension adugu hybrid ki .. ee lopu inkoti figure out cheyi .. but inka wfh jobs/2 jobs chese period aipoinattundi

14 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

its not worth tak8ng a hit..  try to leave fte in good terms so that you can get back

Just now, terminator_desi said:

Instead of doing two contract jobs why don't you focus your efforts on getting a FT job which can pay more money(salary+bonus+stocks+benefits)?

do you think its a simple thing.. everyone cannot do it.. especially in this market.. its a lot time consuming thing

2 minutes ago, hydusguy said:

do you think its a simple thing.. everyone cannot do it.. especially in this market.. its a lot time consuming thing

I know it is tough but once you get a good paying FT job , you can progress in your career with promotions ,pay hikes etc.Contracting jobs are always inconsistent.Also you might have better WLB with a single FT job

2 minutes ago, terminator_desi said:

I know it is tough but once you get a good paying FT job , you can progress in your career with promotions ,pay hikes etc.Contracting jobs are always inconsistent.Also you might have better WLB with a single FT job

WLB it all depends.. all this multiple things it will 1 or 2yrs.. so what i feel is make money n save..n take risks.. fte apudu vetikina dorukuntay.   

you are tslking abt long term like 5-15yrs.. but people here arr earnibg 500k each year with very less responsilities

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, terminator_desi said:

I agree ba but i moved to PM types roles many years ago. Attended FTE interviews in early 2022 but they are crapshoot ...will cover multiple rounds then no offer. Sometimes after first round - decline. No idea why - all are situational questions only. And many times i thought the interviewers had multiple options or already decided on candidate and just going through motions.

Anyway maybe i was lucky - as those companies had major layoffs after 6 months. But you need luck and timing.

On the other hand my contracting interviews were far better quality - and they were coming out succesful. I did not take one (i should have) and settled on another.

• Confused 1

It’s depends on Money vs family time …. Contracting position lo u need to work a lot and spend less time with family .. adhey fte ayithey 9-5 done job spend time and vacation PTO vuntayi 

each individual choice what to choose ani my cousins are doing contract 3 /4 jobs and making good money .. cons no family time always laptop lo work chesthu vuntadu

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, newporragadu said:

It’s depends on Money vs family time …. Contracting position lo u need to work a lot and spend less time with family .. adhey fte ayithey 9-5 done job spend time and vacation PTO vuntayi 

each individual choice what to choose ani my cousins are doing contract 3 /4 jobs and making good money .. cons no family time always laptop lo work chesthu vuntadu

bhayya.. last 5yrs most of companies  fte contract wlb reversed.

contractors ki weekly 10-20hrs work unte aekuvs.. and no perf reviews n other responsibilties.

konni companies oncall kuda contractors ki ivaru...

contractg job is relaxing..work iste chestam ivakapote relax avutam

• Haha 1

Ya some contracting postions are laid back .. you dont need to do any research .. mostly no doc writing .. requirements are given to you and most likely design docs kuda .. you just need to do what you are asked to do thats it 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mettastar said:

Ya some contracting postions are laid back .. you dont need to do any research .. mostly no doc writing .. requirements are given to you and most likely design docs kuda .. you just need to do what you are asked to do thats it 

when u get easy money why to say no...unless its illegal.