Most of the IT jobs will become obsolete soon, better switch to other careers

bavagaru

better switch careers unless you want to slog like an ass..esp AI and ML. I have been in this field for like 4 years odd. Though I actively working on building , training ,deploying pretty complex DL models I feel like a novice seeing other people in the team/company and the speed at which they do. esp the ones who started their career with ML

its a freaking hard subject to crack and sky is the limit 

we train models and few models are very expensive even for a fewer number of epochs..and choosing the right hyperparameters. optimizers , loss functions is they key..each training cycle running on multiple GPU's(100+) for hours together will cost like 7-10 grand each time

naa cheyyi shake ayipoddi when ever I start the training job ... 

I sacrifice a lot of personal time and weekends..of course dandiga paisal vastai but there is a sad part

On 4/26/2023 at 11:17 PM, RunRaajaRun123 said:

Those who code will always have jobs

Correst

exp entha perigina ye position ki vellina..never forget coding in usa

monnati dhakaa housing market…weekly oka post

now AI meedha hafavidi post lu

just follow the flow….jobs ekkadiki povu….keep calm

The god father of AI says.,

Hinton

Hinton expressed his concerns that the quick pace of tech companies launching generative AI products is “racing towards danger.” He further said:

Look at how [AI] was five years ago and how it is now. Take the difference and propagate it forwards. That’s scary.

expressed his concerns that the quick pace of tech companies launching generative AI products is “racing towards danger.” He further said:

Look at how [AI] was five years ago and how it is now. Take the difference and propagate it forwards. That’s scary.

Hinton expressed his concerns that the quick pace of tech companies launching generative AI products is “racing towards danger.” He further said:

Hinton left his position at Google to allow him to openly discuss the dangers of AI. Before departing Google, Hinton had a conversation directly with CEO Sundar Pichai, but details of that conversation were not disclosed publicly.

9 minutes ago, Mr Mirchi said:

Hinton left his position at Google to allow him to openly discuss the dangers of AI. Before departing Google, Hinton had a conversation directly with CEO Sundar Pichai, but details of that conversation were not disclosed publicly.

Google lo unnappudu enduku share cheyaledu  ee concerns ni ? 

22 minutes ago, LungiLingaraju said:

Medical side emanna possibility unda career change cheskovadam? From IT

Yaa

Shankar dada medical college pettaadu manalanti vaallu mbbs cheyataniki Meer peta lo… andhulo training thisukunte any hopistal lo job vasthundhi

2 hours ago, sarvayogi said:

better switch careers unless you want to slog like an ass..esp AI and ML. I have been in this field for like 4 years odd. Though I actively working on building , training ,deploying pretty complex DL models I feel like a novice seeing other people in the team/company and the speed at which they do. esp the ones who started their career with ML

we train models and few models are very expensive even for a fewer number of epochs..and choosing the right hyperparameters. optimizers , loss functions is they key..each training cycle running on multiple GPU's(100+) for hours together will cost like 7-10 grand each time

I sacrifice a lot of personal time and weekends..of course dandiga paisal vastai but there is a sad part

paisal mukhyam bro

2 hours ago, sarvayogi said:

bro nuvvu pedda bigshot la unnav

7 hours ago, bavagaru said:

bro nuvvu pedda bigshot la unnav

I tried too educate and motivate a lot in this DB on profession and working hard but always there are jabardasth stupid jokes as replies..so inka I stopped

On 4/26/2023 at 7:53 PM, bavagaru said:

With the advancement of AI and ML Most of the IT jobs will become obsolete soon, better switch to other careers.

For sure there will be pay cut even if they exists.

AI/ML does not run by itself, it will involve efforts from IT to manage the data that is fed into these systems

the jobs will be repurposed to AI/ML based applications, almost all the top business application will enhance their capabilities with AI/ML addons

it is only those who have no clue how IT works fear for loss of jobs 

3 hours ago, pakeer_saab said:

AI/ML does not run by itself, it will involve efforts from IT to manage the data that is fed into these systems

the jobs will be repurposed to AI/ML based applications, almost all the top business application will enhance their capabilities with AI/ML addons

it is only those who have no clue how IT works fear for loss of jobs 

pre build models are there...hugging face has tonnes..you only need to change the last layer in the neural network before predictions and build a model. Insanely tough to develop large language models. so IT is required but will be the core thope engineers...baccha gallu like even average programmers will have to exit..