5 dead in Texas shooting, suspect armed with AR-15 is on the loose

andhra_jp

A manhunt is currently underway for the suspect, identified by the San Jacinto County Sheriff's Office as 38-year-old Francisco Oropeza. The FBI's Houston Field Office said it is assisting in the ongoing search.

Neighbors asked suspect to stop shooting his gun in the yard: Sheriff

Police said they believe the massacre occurred after neighbors asked the suspect to stop shooting his gun in the front yard because there was a baby trying to sleep.

"My understanding is that the victims, they came over to the fence and said, 'Hey could [you not do your] shooting out in the yard? We have a young baby that's trying to go to sleep,' and he had been drinking and he says, 'I'll do what I want to in my front yard,'" San Jacinto County Sheriff Greg Capers told KTRK.

Capers told KTRK the case went from harassment to a shooting very quickly. He said that authorities believed some of the victims were trying to shield their children -- with bodies found on top of children who were unharmed.

Police said the shootings all took place in one home, the victims were all from Honduras and that four of the victims were declared dead at the scene. The fifth victim -- an 8-year-old boy -- was taken to a hospital and has since been pronounced dead.

Capers told KTRK all of the victims were shot from the neck up "almost execution style."

The suspect was believed to be intoxicated at the time, authorities said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/5-dead-texas-shooting-suspect-armed-ar-15/story?id=98957271&cid=social_twitter_abcn

24 minutes ago, Pahelwan2 said:

Intha item gallu endi vayya. Vadu gun tho kalustunadu adi inka night time why did they went out. They couldn’t have just called cops. Bad decision 

Backyard range controversy ani google chesi chudu. Kuppalu untai court cases. Texas basic ga pure 2A pro state. Cofs 2-3 times vastaru, tarvatha nine chuskomantaru. HOA unte koddiga thaggutaru , lekunte aa grey area use cheskoni backyard lo practice chestune untaru. Kompalu ammukuni poyinollu unnaru ee issue valla.