housing market

Karigipoyekalam

21 minutes ago, manchulomajjiga said:

Hype cheyatam lo manam firstuuu vuntamu ga

1250$ for 2bhk yekkado cheppu man first — 

6 hours ago, perugu_vada said:

Interest rate + property tax rendu add cheyali 

to be frank apt nunchi house ki moving ante it is an upgrade .. and it is kind of a luxury .. so one has to check if they can afford that luxury .. owning a house is no longer an alternate for saving on rents 

100% 

17 hours ago, no01 said:

do you think with 7% interest + relatively still high prices in key areas, is it still good option to buy townhouses and then rent it out? 

As long as the rent (reasonable rates not hyped rents) is paying for the house payment then why not? Once the interest rates go down then we will have more cash flow.

For eg: I'm buying a multi family (4 Units) for mid 800's. This property Rents are at the lowest in the area and the property is paying for itself including mortgage, taxes, vacancy % and reserves. There is room for rent increase upto 10% to match with current rents but I'm not planning to do to avoid vacancies and turnover. So I'm proceeding with the purchase even at 7% interest rate. When the rates go down due to recession then I will refinance. If house prices go down due to recession, i will buy another property to even the price. 

57 minutes ago, sai1685 said:

As long as the rent (reasonable rates not hyped rents) is paying for the house payment then why not? Once the interest rates go down then we will have more cash flow.

For eg: I'm buying a multi family (4 Units) for mid 800's. This property Rents are at the lowest in the area and the property is paying for itself including mortgage, taxes, vacancy % and reserves. There is room for rent increase upto 10% to match with current rents but I'm not planning to do to avoid vacancies and turnover. So I'm proceeding with the purchase even at 7% interest rate. When the rates go down due to recession then I will refinance. If house prices go down due to recession, i will buy another property to even the price. 

😂😂lol where do you find rent which will pay up house payments these days ! 

52 minutes ago, manchulomajjiga said:

😂😂lol where do you find rent which will pay up house payments these days ! 

I'm working on a multi family deal right now in Fort Lauderdale .... I did put numbers on the paper and I can see it with current tenants rents. Ofcourse with 30% down payment because banks are not approving loans on investment properties without downpayment of min 25% and I went with 30% for better rate. Only thing which we have to deal with during recession is eviction process. But no risk no reward. Also, I'm dividing my risk with 4 families. I don't think all 4 families will stop paying at the same time. We should have reserves for 6 months in case if this situation ever arises

1 hour ago, sai1685 said:

I'm working on a multi family deal right now in Fort Lauderdale .... I did put numbers on the paper and I can see it with current tenants rents. Ofcourse with 30% down payment because banks are not approving loans on investment properties without downpayment of min 25% and I went with 30% for better rate. Only thing which we have to deal with during recession is eviction process. But no risk no reward. Also, I'm dividing my risk with 4 families. I don't think all 4 families will stop paying at the same time. We should have reserves for 6 months in case if this situation ever arises

Thats a good plan ,you already have reduced the burden of risk by not having complete stake ! But i am taking about single home owners who are now jumping onto buying brand new houses due to the hype train and signing up on huge liability which they have a very small chance of breaking even ! The risk reward here is not worth the stress and squeeze better buy ibonds or put in a cd which is giving you 7 - 5.5 % safe returns 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, manchulomajjiga said:

Thats a good plan ,you already have reduced the burden of risk by not having complete stake ! But i am taking about single home owners who are now jumping onto buying brand new houses due to the hype train and signing up on huge liability which they have a very small chance of breaking even ! The risk reward here is not worth the stress and squeeze better buy ibonds or put in a cd which is giving you 7 - 5.5 % safe returns 

It’s all about need and preference.. if one can afford and don’t see it as investment and want to stay atleast 5-7years it doesn’t matter