AMERICAN "PIPE"DREAM

Peruthopaniemundhi

****copied from SOS global Indians

THE AMERICAN "PIPE"DREAM: THE GC AND H1-B SITUATION

I want to raise awareness as well as start a discussion on the topic of GC and H1-B in the broader community.

I know a lot has been written and discussed on these topics but for whatever reason, I find majority of us living in denial or false-hopes for a change in situation.

GC Wait Times

I have heard countless times and even read many comments making claims that GC wait time is long but one should see the light at the end of the tunnel by 15-20 years. What nobody seems to understand that this stat would have made sense only if the number of GC filing were linear. Since 2012, the number of filings have increased exponentially and hence the time it took for their relative/friend to get GC, when they applied in early 2000, will change significantly by 2011, which will further change drastically for people post 2015. Infact if truth be told - most of the people in EB2 and EB3 categories will not be seeing a GC in their lifetime unless they have a US born child who can sponser their GC after he/she turn 21. And even that will take a minimum of 25 years (if the rules still remain the same).

Lot of people talk about the removal of country cap in GC processing and point to bills being introduced to that effect. What very few people know is that bills like these are floating around for more than 20 years. Legal immigration reforms are at the bottom of the pile of issues for American government. Also, there are other legal complications, especially involving people from other nationalities if GC cap is removed. Do you think a Nigerian or Brazilian will keep quite if his/her GC wait time will increase from 3 years to 30 years just so that Indians can get their GC faster?

I am surprised and want to know why many people, epecially with their PD after 2015, still want to cling on to the hope that they will get a GC (let's say in 18 years)? Why this level of self-deception? Want to understand from people their mindset on the topic

The H1-B Crisis

The only thing worse than the GC situation is the H1-B crisis. The probability for an applicant to get H1-B now stands at 17% and this too based on the hope that USCIS will probably take some action on the multiple filing situation from next year onwards. Otherwise, the chances for anyone getting H1-B (given the next year prediction on filing is close to 1 Million) is less than 9%. The worst hit would be the F1 students with huge education loans. They will have slight advantage because of the reserved 20000 quota for H1-B but with number of F1 visas soaring upwards of 400000, the chances still stay slim. Bottomline - starting from 2022, the chances of any person getting an H1-B are so less that there are going to be more people without it than with it. The only way to remain in US would be to enroll into programs like Day-1 CPT (sometimes multiple times), until H1-B is picked.

Though many (who had F1 visa in the past) would like to claim that they came here for education and not for a job, we do know that almost all stay back because of the prospect of earning. Infact from many years F1 is being used as a gateway visa to come to US.

Is the F1 to H1-B or L1 to H1-B struggle really worth it? Are the loans and mental stress, justifield just to be in US? Why don't we present the complete picture and not just the rosy image to our relatives and friends back in India when they ask for their son/daughter's education?

59 minutes ago, Peruthopaniemundhi said:

****copied from SOS global Indians

THE AMERICAN "PIPE"DREAM: THE GC AND H1-B SITUATION

I want to raise awareness as well as start a discussion on the topic of GC and H1-B in the broader community.

I know a lot has been written and discussed on these topics but for whatever reason, I find majority of us living in denial or false-hopes for a change in situation.

GC Wait Times

I have heard countless times and even read many comments making claims that GC wait time is long but one should see the light at the end of the tunnel by 15-20 years. What nobody seems to understand that this stat would have made sense only if the number of GC filing were linear. Since 2012, the number of filings have increased exponentially and hence the time it took for their relative/friend to get GC, when they applied in early 2000, will change significantly by 2011, which will further change drastically for people post 2015. Infact if truth be told - most of the people in EB2 and EB3 categories will not be seeing a GC in their lifetime unless they have a US born child who can sponser their GC after he/she turn 21. And even that will take a minimum of 25 years (if the rules still remain the same).

Lot of people talk about the removal of country cap in GC processing and point to bills being introduced to that effect. What very few people know is that bills like these are floating around for more than 20 years. Legal immigration reforms are at the bottom of the pile of issues for American government. Also, there are other legal complications, especially involving people from other nationalities if GC cap is removed. Do you think a Nigerian or Brazilian will keep quite if his/her GC wait time will increase from 3 years to 30 years just so that Indians can get their GC faster?

I am surprised and want to know why many people, epecially with their PD after 2015, still want to cling on to the hope that they will get a GC (let's say in 18 years)? Why this level of self-deception? Want to understand from people their mindset on the topic

The H1-B Crisis

The only thing worse than the GC situation is the H1-B crisis. The probability for an applicant to get H1-B now stands at 17% and this too based on the hope that USCIS will probably take some action on the multiple filing situation from next year onwards. Otherwise, the chances for anyone getting H1-B (given the next year prediction on filing is close to 1 Million) is less than 9%. The worst hit would be the F1 students with huge education loans. They will have slight advantage because of the reserved 20000 quota for H1-B but with number of F1 visas soaring upwards of 400000, the chances still stay slim. Bottomline - starting from 2022, the chances of any person getting an H1-B are so less that there are going to be more people without it than with it. The only way to remain in US would be to enroll into programs like Day-1 CPT (sometimes multiple times), until H1-B is picked.

Though many (who had F1 visa in the past) would like to claim that they came here for education and not for a job, we do know that almost all stay back because of the prospect of earning. Infact from many years F1 is being used as a gateway visa to come to US.

Is the F1 to H1-B or L1 to H1-B struggle really worth it? Are the loans and mental stress, justifield just to be in US? Why don't we present the complete picture and not just the rosy image to our relatives and friends back in India when they ask for their son/daughter's education?

even if true ..it is still worth it as these people keep making money while wawiting for gc.

11 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

even if true ..it is still worth it as these people keep making money while wawiting for gc.

Bro people in India make good money than USA but people flock for work life balanced 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, kevinUsa said:

Bro people in India make good money than USA but people flock for work life balanced 

as far as i know people who are making money in india are those who entered work/business in 2008 gatra. Basically still CBN generation.

Ippudu college lo bayata kochinollaki emundhi ba india lo good money.

25 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Lifetime lo radu antunaru for people who filed after 2019…

1 minute ago, kiran1012 said:

Lifetime lo radu antunaru for people who filed after 2019…

file i140 and retire on it. make dollars and go to india - worst case.