Layoffs help and info kavali

Futuremaang

Hi Everyone, 

Maa brother ki ivvala layoff notice vachindi. He's Working in big 4 consulting company. He's on H okati. 140 approved undi. 2 weeks notice period icharu. Need help with following questions

1. 2 weeks notice period tarvatha 60 days stay start avutundi kada. Also, there was a bill that'll increase the stay duration to 180 days. Adi pass ayyinda? 

2. Sister in law is working on H naalugu. Will she lose her job at the end of 60 days? In case brother ki job raakapothe

3. B1/b2 ki convert ayyi interviews ivvachu kada

4. Worst case lo house sell cheyyali.. Ippudu nunchi aa process start cheyyala or wait? How to handle this aspect? 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Futuremaang said:

Hi Everyone, 

Maa brother ki ivvala layoff notice vachindi. He's Working in big 4 consulting company. He's on H okati. 140 approved undi. 2 weeks notice period icharu. Need help with following questions

1. 2 weeks notice period tarvatha 60 days stay start avutundi kada. Also, there was a bill that'll increase the stay duration to 180 days. Adi pass ayyinda? 

2. Sister in law is working on H naalugu. Will she lose her job at the end of 60 days? In case brother ki job raakapothe

4. Worst case lo house sell cheyyali.. Ippudu nunchi aa process start cheyyala or wait? How to handle this aspect? 

180 day billa aa tokka... 60 days or i94 expiry date whichever is earlier.

h4ead no idea.

yes b1/b2 switch and attend interviews

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Futuremaang said:

Hi Everyone, 

if i140 approved ... there is a new rule to use 1 year compelling conditional EAD !!! ... so ask him to apply for conditional EAD ...

mean while ask for interviews ...

look in to that i140- 1 year ASAP

https://www.rnlawgroup.com/790-i-140-or-compelling-circumstance-ead-what-to-know/

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, yoda123 said:

if i140 approved ... there is a new rule to use 1 year compelling conditional EAD !!! ... so ask him to apply for conditional EAD ...

https://www.rnlawgroup.com/790-i-140-or-compelling-circumstance-ead-what-to-know/

Don’t create hopes but worth trying 

USCIS will require the principal applicant to demonstrate truly compelling circumstance(s) 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Futuremaang said:

Hi Everyone, 

1. Legal ga aiyte the day you stop working appudu ninchi 60 days start. No bill passed for 180 days.

2. Yes, after 60 days H4EAD will also become cancelled if primary does not get job.

3. Yes, B1/B2 ki 55th day apply option pettukomani cheppu. Also, lawyers are suggestion compelling circumstances EAD. But I think its better to talk to lawyer if you want to see that route

https://bizlegalservices.com/2023/01/25/the-compelling-circumstances-ead-one-year-stop-gap/

4. House is a tough one bhayya. I know people who sold and i know people who gave it on rent and moved to apartment in different city for job. I think it depends and no one will be able to give correct answer on that.

Explore mestri option also. If they can transfer h1 then it will be good relief. Inka 80-20, payment on time lanti issues untayi but h1 transfer aiyte it will be a big relief.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, yoda123 said:

Sure. Kaani aa link lo ee text undi.. This means the candidate will lose their H okati and then work on this ead for 1 year if approved and later attend an interview and come back on H1 again.. They already got their 3 years stamping recently...

"As such, an individual on a compelling circumstance EAD cannot file an adjustment of status regardless of whether that be to an immigrant or non-immigrant visa.  In order to “refresh” a legal immigrant or non-immigrant status, an individual would be required to timely exit the United States for consular processing. "

2 minutes ago, baabaa said:

1. Legal ga aiyte the day you stop working appudu ninchi 60 days start. No bill passed for 180 days.

2. Yes, after 60 days H4EAD will also become cancelled if primary does not get job.

3. Yes, B1/B2 ki 55th day apply option pettukomani cheppu. Also, lawyers are suggestion compelling circumstances EAD. But I think its better to talk to lawyer if you want to see that route

https://bizlegalservices.com/2023/01/25/the-compelling-circumstances-ead-one-year-stop-gap/

4. House is a tough one bhayya. I know people who sold and i know people who gave it on rent and moved to apartment in different city for job. I think it depends and no one will be able to give correct answer on that.

Explore mestri option also. If they can transfer h1 then it will be good relief. Inka 80-20, payment on time lanti issues untayi but h1 transfer aiyte it will be a big relief.

Will ask him to check with immigration lawyers about compelling ead and applying for b1 as well. 

House chaala stress istundi at present.. Short notice lo sell cheyyala etc

13 minutes ago, Futuremaang said:

Will ask him to check with immigration lawyers about compelling ead and applying for b1 as well. 

House chaala stress istundi at present.. Short notice lo sell cheyyala etc

house is a big stress for everyone.. even ctzns

• Upvote 1

To keep H1 and H4 intact. Move to mesthri for the time being. Edho oka job vasthaduuu malli. Appatiii varakuuu ekkuva tension theesukovaddhu like selling house etc. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Futuremaang said:

Sure. Kaani aa link lo ee text undi.. This means the candidate will lose their H okati and then work on this ead for 1 year if approved and later attend an interview and come back on H1 again.. They already got their 3 years stamping recently...

"As such, an individual on a compelling circumstance EAD cannot file an adjustment of status regardless of whether that be to an immigrant or non-immigrant visa.  In order to “refresh” a legal immigrant or non-immigrant status, an individual would be required to timely exit the United States for consular processing. "

yes. he has to go for stamping.

• Upvote 1

Just now, hydusguy said:

Avunu bro, maa dost okkadu ATL lo illu unte job poindi and he moved to apartment in DFW for job. Intiki mortgage katte vadu and then DFW lo apartment rent koda. Almost 1 year ala chesadu. Then covid came and job was made remote and he went back to ATL. Torture adi.

26 minutes ago, yoda123 said:

adhi default kadu.

you have to demonstrate compelling situations

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hydusguy said:

Just now, baabaa said:

Avunu bro, maa dost okkadu ATL lo illu unte job poindi and he moved to apartment in DFW for job. Intiki mortgage katte vadu and then DFW lo apartment rent koda. Almost 1 year ala chesadu. Then covid came and job was made remote and he went back to ATL. Torture adi.

telisi endhuku dookutaru oobi lo

6 minutes ago, baabaa said:

Why not rent, Atlanta lo demand baane untundi ga housing ki