Already Cancun visit chesina vallu itu randi vayya..

SaradaChinnodu

anna why go to a place where you can’t roam freely. Chanipoey chance unna place ki elli em enjoy chestaru? Just go to hawaii and enjoy, avoid mexico.

13 hours ago, SaradaChinnodu said:

Bhayyas,

We are planning to visit Cancun next month and need some info...

1) H1b meeda recent ga visit chesthey, immigration formalities cheppandi.

2) We are two of us. Where to stay ....secluded resorts or resorts in hotel zone

3) have you rented a car during your visit and is it safe to go around on our own in rental car (thinking of visiting chichen itza)..

inka emaina suggestions or jagrathalu untey cheppandi...

TIA.

2. There are lot of resort options between cancun and Playa de Carmen. They provide shuttle pickup also from the airport depending on the resort. Isla mujeres and snorkeling are best near cancun, other than that nothing much. Better go to some theme park like Xcaret or xplor or something else. 

3. As Long as we use common sense and drive only during day time it shouldn't be a problem. I traveled multiple times to Yucatan peninsula by car and had no issues.  Take toll road option when ever available. Do a reading on gas station scams which can be easily avoided by being attentive. 

Isla Holbox, Bacalar lake, Tulum, chichen itza, Uxmal, Calakmul, El Cuyo, Las Colorado pink lake lot more options. 

13 hours ago, SaradaChinnodu said:

Bhayyas,

2) We are two of us. Where to stay ....secluded resorts or resorts in hotel zone

3) have you rented a car during your visit and is it safe to go around on our own in rental car (thinking of visiting chichen itza)..

TIA.

Book adult only all inclusive resort… pilla bacha gallu vundaru and better fun vuntadi… 

don’t go with rental car options… Jai all inclusive and resort lo time pass or activities book chesuko resort lo.. dolphin with swim, one day tour to chichanitza etc… you will have fun and no need to go out by yourself and explore 

14 hours ago, SaradaChinnodu said:

Bhayyas,

TIA.

2 hours ago, baabaa said:

1. Book all inclusive with Costco. They will take care of airport to resort and back to airport. 

2. If you have valid H1B stamp then no need for Mexico Visa. If you just have I-797 extension with no H1B stamp then you need Mexico Visa to enter Mexico and while coming back to US you will use Automatic Visa Revalidation. Just show I-797 and passport at Port of Entry.

3. Take tours available in resort. There will sales counters in resorts offering day tours/activities.

moon palace (Sunrise resort) is very good...costco kante direct moonpalace website lo same dates, same flights and everything same $1000 cheaper unde maaku. So whichever resort u liked in costcotravel website, compare prices outside as well. Almost all resorts have free pick/drop off options from airport.

All inclusive resort lo unnaka malli why go outside and waste money. But, it depends how many days ur planning. 3 -4 days only ante dont go out...just stay in your resort, eat, sleep, drink and repeat. U may think its boring, but while checking out, u will for sure feel like staying another day or two...trust me.

Cancun is close by to US...visa / GC/Citizen unte future lo malli malli vellochu and u can explore outside of Cancun area. But DB members cheppinattu its a scary place. Until it happens to you, u can confidently say I went alone outside and nothing happened. But if something happens, it will be life threating anthe...edo chinna issue antu undadhu...so think wisely.

Resort valla own tour packages untai, expensive but safe.

US stamp unte, no need for Mexican visa...on arrival entry untadi. Just show your resort booking + return flight anthe. Back to US entry is normal. 

Thank you all. Great suggestions. 

All inclusive (adults only if possible) resort set chesta. Rental car lanti alochanalu chachi poyayi mee responses choosaka..so hotel vadi trips unte book chestha (as I want to visit chichen itza) and rest of the days resort lo untanu.

Kontha mandhi Hawaii suggest chesaru...thnks already visited and its kind of far to east coast.

Thanks again all. Romba Nandri.

5 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

#3 .... Worst idea IMO .... You pay for all inclusive and then pay top dollar to go out. Even if not al inclusive, I'd not do day trips and high end hotels.

Some ppl dont like the idea of sitting in front of pool with liquor service even in top end hotel for whole day. They would want to go out for the day and in the evening relax in front of awesome pool with personal bartending service or some resorts have shows during sunset.

Each person is his own. I have seen ppl who just sit in front of pool whole day and pipalu pipalu leputaru because liquor is all inclusive.

In all inclusive you will never be able to recover your money's worth by just staying in resort whole day and eating food. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, baabaa said:

Some ppl dont like the idea of sitting in front of pool with liquor service even in top end hotel for whole day. They would want to go out for the day and in the evening relax in front of awesome pool with personal bartending service or some resorts have shows during sunset.

Each person is his own. I have seen ppl who just sit in front of pool whole day and pipalu pipalu leputaru because liquor is all inclusive.

In all inclusive you will never be able to recover your money's worth by just staying in resort whole day and eating food. 

Agree... Probably 1 day out of 3 or 4 days is fine . 

I'm not saying you drink because it's all inclusive... If site seeing is priority, better to stay in cheaper hotels and book the trips outside . 

You lose the day you check-in and also check-out based o in your flight times. So, for most people there aren't many days left

1 hour ago, baabaa said:

1 hour ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Agree... Probably 1 day out of 3 or 4 days is fine . 

I'm not saying you drink because it's all inclusive... If site seeing is priority, better to stay in cheaper hotels and book the trips outside . 

You lose the day you check-in and also check-out based o in your flight times. So, for most people there aren't many days left

There are two ways to enjoy Cancun...one is just relax and dont worry abt going through checklist and then later nenu adi chusa, nenu edi chusa etc etc...ivvanni lekunda, switch off phone, forget whats happening outside your resort and those 3 - 4 days recharge your battery

Other one is to explore cancun, roam around etc etc. @hunkyfunky2 cheppinattu, all-inclusive waste appudu...there are very good non- allinclusive resorts too. Andulo stay chesi then roam around and 1-2 days spend in resort anthe.

Cancun and near by lo explore cheyyataaniki places undochu, but its not safe place kada...so rather explore other cities/places around the world and Cancun lo just relax anthe (physically and mentally). Thats how I see it 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, no01 said:

There are two ways to enjoy Cancun...one is just relax and dont worry abt going through checklist and then later nenu adi chusa, nenu edi chusa etc etc...ivvanni lekunda, switch off phone, forget whats happening outside your resort and those 3 - 4 days recharge your battery

Other one is to explore cancun, roam around etc etc. @hunkyfunky2 cheppinattu, all-inclusive waste appudu...there are very good non- allinclusive resorts too. Andulo stay chesi then roam around and 1-2 days spend in resort anthe.

Cancun and near by lo explore cheyyataaniki places undochu, but its not safe place kada...so rather explore other cities/places around the world and Cancun lo just relax anthe (physically and mentally). Thats how I see it 

Yep .

I don't think site seeing places around Cancun are worth going - that is just my opinion. If they are not close to Cancun, they wouldn't be that popular 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hotmaddy said:

Asalu June correctena Cancun ki?

US lone Yendalu manduthunnay. Mexico lo paristhithi ento?

Look at temperatures and decide. It's better to go to south in USA winter in general. But they are more expensive and not many holidays in December