Rental car insurance , priceline 13$

Karigipoyekalam

Car book chesetappudu vedu edho 13$ insurance istunadu kada idhe best ena? Or better to take full coverage at counter?

na personal car ki insurance vundi so asalu first of all rental tesukunetappudu vere insurance enduku na personal car ki tesukunna insurance rental ki apply avadha?

please suggest what is the best to be on the safe side 

Use a credit card that has Rental collision and for liability you can use own insurance. Never pay for rental car insurance. Its free with most of credit cards.

2 minutes ago, RULER said:

Use a credit card that has Rental collision and for liability you can use own insurance. Never pay for rental car insurance. Its free with most of credit cards.

E credit cards vuntundi bro ? Beforehand check cheyala ? I mean customer care tho check cheyala ?

3 minutes ago, Karigipoyekalam said:

E credit cards vuntundi bro ? Beforehand check cheyala ? I mean customer care tho check cheyala ?

Login to online account and Check Credit card benefits for Rental collision coverage. Make sure you pay full amount with that card. This will cover your collision.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RULER said:

Credit card tho vachhe rental car coverage is secondary.. that applies to amount your primary coverage doesn’t cover.. read more on this before you take any decision.. 

but if you have auto insurance, that covers rental car as well.. but in case of an incident you have to pay the deductible and with rental car insurance, you don’t pay any deductible.. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RULER said:

Login to online account and Check Credit card benefits for Rental collision coverage. Make sure you pay full amount with that card. This will cover your collision.

1 hour ago, Thokkalee said:

Credit card tho vachhe rental car coverage is secondary.. that applies to amount your primary coverage doesn’t cover.. read more on this before you take any decision.. 

but if you have auto insurance, that covers rental car as well.. but in case of an incident you have to pay the deductible and with rental car insurance, you don’t pay any deductible.. 

Not really true bro. Chase sapphire preferred card provides primary coverage as long as the whole rental amount is paid by the card. Also If i remember correctly,  Amex gold or platinum provides primary coverage too, but one need to enroll and pay additional $20 amount.

Some credit cards do offer collision coverage but do check the terms, you have to deny the insurance at counter and pay the amount full with credit card

also check specifically on theft etc, as some credit cards do not offer coverage for this

Heard Amex platinum coverage is good

Personally, I would prefer to pay extra bucks for peace of mind because this will not go into your insurance etc

If you are ok with this going on your insurance then its fine I guess and saves some money

6 hours ago, Karigipoyekalam said:

Car book chesetappudu vedu edho 13$ insurance istunadu kada idhe best ena? Or better to take full coverage at counter?

na personal car ki insurance vundi so asalu first of all rental tesukunetappudu vere insurance enduku na personal car ki tesukunna insurance rental ki apply avadha?

First check credit card coverage. Contact credit card and ask details on coverage if any. Even if they do, they mostly cover rental car only. But if you are at fault, you have to pay for other car. It’s good to take that insurance from rental company. Your personal car insurance doesn’t cover rental or other cars unless they say so. Note that insurance follows the car, not the person 

bokkalodi primary insurace teeskunna edo oka flaw untadi when accident happens..

peace of mind ki take rental car insurance..

50-100 ki kakkurtie padite loss thousands lo untundi

10 hours ago, Karigipoyekalam said:

If no accident all happies.. if accident happens..  they won’t cover no. Days the car is in shed and lot of other things…Atleast for this u need to buy full coverage else min. If $50/day you are looking in 1000s.. don’t cheap out on insurance 

9 hours ago, San_K said:

Not really true bro. Chase sapphire preferred card provides primary coverage as long as the whole rental amount is paid by the card. Also If i remember correctly,  Amex gold or platinum provides primary coverage too, but one need to enroll and pay additional $20 amount.

Agree. But there are only a handful of cards that provide primary coverage. Except chase preferred, all of the others have very high annual fees and most people don’t have these cards regularly.. 

Based on my experience, I had an incident where I used my Chase Freedom card and needed to file a claim with the credit card company. However, the process was quite simple as they only required my statement and receipt, and they paid the rental car company directly.