Retirement benefits for non-US citizens who have 40 credits.

JackSeal

1 minute ago, phatposts said:

See this https://www.ssa.gov/international/countrylist4.htm

Your Payments While You Are Outside The United States

Country List 4

Your payments will continue even if you have been outside the U.S. for more than six full calendar months, if you are a citizen of one of the countries listed below, and the worker on whose record your benefits are based lived in the U.S. for at least 10 years or earned at least 40 credits under the U.S. Social Security system.

India is in the list of those countries.

there is some catch anna...

ledante manollu ippatike milke chesundevallu

32 minutes ago, Abhagyudu said:

What if I die before 62? Will my family be able to get it? Nenu anni years doubtee

I see this…

Survivors Benefits

You have enough credits for your family to qualify for survivors benefits. If you die this year, certain members of your family may be eligible for these benefits: 

Your child:
$2,590 a month
Your spouse, caring for a child:
$2,590 a month
Your spouse (starting at full retirement age):
$3,454 a month

Your total family benefits cannot be more than $6,044 a month. 

Your spouse or minor child may be eligible for a special one-time death benefit of $255.

na question enti antae, is there awareness on this. I see many unfortunate things happen and are these families utilizing this to help ends meet…!

7 minutes ago, Spartan said:

there is some catch anna...

ledante manollu ippatike milke chesundevallu

catch emo naaku telidu. 

Practically thinking manam SSA ni milk cheyyadam kaadu, SSA manalni milk chestundi choodu. 

Ademi guaranteed thing kaadu, kaani manam kattalsina SSA tax maatram mandatory. Naaku basis telidu kaani many people (desi, videsi, etc) say mana time ki 25+ years from now SSA vaallu paisa kooda ivvaleka povachu because they have limited funds and way too many hands to give to ani. 

Deenni nammukuni plans chesukovadam very bad IMO. Vaste super raaka pothe mana kharma anukuni planning chesukunte last ki biskit avvakunda untam. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, phatposts said:

catch emo naaku telidu. 

Practically thinking manam SSA ni milk cheyyadam kaadu, SSA manalni milk chestundi choodu. 

Ademi guaranteed thing kaadu, kaani manam kattalsina SSA tax maatram mandatory. Naaku basis telidu kaani many people (desi, videsi, etc) say mana time ki 25+ years from now SSA vaallu paisa kooda ivvaleka povachu because they have limited funds and way too many hands to give to ani. 

Deenni nammukuni plans chesukovadam very bad IMO. Vaste super raaka pothe mana kharma anukuni planning chesukunte last ki biskit avvakunda untam. 

SSA milking us is true..

Deenni nammukuni plans chesukovadam very bad IMO. 

You have the 40 work credits you need to receive benefits!

62 ayithe 2400, 65 ayithe 3100 and 67 ayithe 3600 chupisthondi. Ee lekkana 62ki retire avochu

Naku telsi non US-Citizens can't apply for this. But if you are a citizen 3600 a month is almost 3 Lakhs. Combined wife and husband if they get around 5 Lakhs, it is luxury income if you are living India. All 65+ shitizen vuncles better relocate to India with spouses. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, HugoStrange said:

You have the 40 work credits you need to receive benefits!

62 ayithe 2400, 65 ayithe 3100 and 67 ayithe 3600 chupisthondi. Ee lekkana 62ki retire avochu

the amount is as per current coffers..

manam retire ayye time ki bochu bhi raadu

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

the amount is as per current coffers..

manam retire ayye time ki bochu bhi raadu

lol, anduke 401k meda and other investment meda depend avali. 

motham rakapovachu kani entho kontha vasthundi anukuntunna. They will make some changes in next decade or so or else govinda nee

1 hour ago, JackSeal said:

Sharing this so others in the same boat can benefit.

Visited local SSA office today to clarify if I am eligible for receiving retirement benefits at the age of 62, I am not a US citizen and I have earned the 40 credits after working for 10+ years in US. (you can check by creating an account on ssa.gov)

The staff at the SSA office was courteous and she had the had good understanding on the clarifications I was seeking.

She confirmed that I qualify to receive the retirement benefit at age 62. 3 months before I turn 62 I need to visit a local office, if not I have to go to Manila Philippines depending on where there is SSA office after 20 years.

Below are some questions she clarified

1.    As a non-citizen do I qualify - Yes

2.    If I stop working in US next month does that impact my qualification - No

3.    Can I add my dependents as beneficiaries at this point - No

4.    Is there a requirement to be in US for a month every 6 months post-age 62 to avail the retirement benefit - No there is no requirement to be physically present in the US, you need to visit the local Embassy/Consulate where they have SSA department and they work with SSA office in Maryland.

5.    Should I lock my SSN account - No (she thought I was asking about online account, I was asking about credit freeze that can be done with credit unions)

6.    Do I need to inform SSA that I am leaving US - No

7.    For people who don't have 40 credits can they get their contributions back - No

8.    Any other suggestions you have on taking care of the SSN account (I was seriously looking for her suggestions on any other formalities I need to do before leaving US) - No, just that I hope you are taking the right decision for your family, sometimes moving back is not the best thing. (I was like thanks for the concern :) In my head - I dont want to convince one more person) 

Hope that helps!

(Forwarded Message. Check with SSA office before your move to India)

Minimum GC kavali chala cou tries..indians ki citizenship..GC aithe you need to be in country and citizen aite you can live anywhere in the world and get money

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Sreeven said:

Minimum GC kavali chala cou tries..indians ki citizenship..GC aithe you need to be in country and citizen aite you can live anywhere in the world and get money

What does this mean ? >> https://www.ssa.gov/international/countrylist4.htm

Your Payments While You Are Outside The United States

Country List 4

Your payments will continue even if you have been outside the U.S. for more than six full calendar months, if you are a citizen of one of the countries listed below, and the worker on whose record your benefits are based lived in the U.S. for at least 10 years or earned at least 40 credits under the U.S. Social Security system. If you are receiving benefits as a dependent or survivor, there are additional requirements you have to meet.

Afghanistan India Sierra Leone
Bangladesh Indonesia Singapore
Bhutan Kenya Solomon Islands
Botswana Laos Somalia
Burundi Lebanon South Africa
Cabo Verde Lesotho South Sudan
Cameroon Liberia Sri Lanka
Central African Rep. Madagascar Sudan
Chad Malawi Taiwan
China Malaysia Tanzania
Congo, Rep. of Mali Thailand
Eritrea Mauritania Timor-Leste
Eswatini Mauritius Togo
Ethiopia Morocco Tonga
Fiji Myanmar Tunisia
Gambia Nepal Uganda
Ghana Nigeria Yemen
Haiti Pakistan  
Honduras Senegal  

3 hours ago, JackSeal said:

Sharing this so others in the same boat can benefit.

Visited local SSA office today to clarify if I am eligible for receiving retirement benefits at the age of 62, I am not a US citizen and I have earned the 40 credits after working for 10+ years in US. (you can check by creating an account on ssa.gov)

The staff at the SSA office was courteous and she had the had good understanding on the clarifications I was seeking.

She confirmed that I qualify to receive the retirement benefit at age 62. 3 months before I turn 62 I need to visit a local office, if not I have to go to Manila Philippines depending on where there is SSA office after 20 years.

Below are some questions she clarified

1.    As a non-citizen do I qualify - Yes

2.    If I stop working in US next month does that impact my qualification - No

3.    Can I add my dependents as beneficiaries at this point - No

4.    Is there a requirement to be in US for a month every 6 months post-age 62 to avail the retirement benefit - No there is no requirement to be physically present in the US, you need to visit the local Embassy/Consulate where they have SSA department and they work with SSA office in Maryland.

5.    Should I lock my SSN account - No (she thought I was asking about online account, I was asking about credit freeze that can be done with credit unions)

6.    Do I need to inform SSA that I am leaving US - No

7.    For people who don't have 40 credits can they get their contributions back - No

8.    Any other suggestions you have on taking care of the SSN account (I was seriously looking for her suggestions on any other formalities I need to do before leaving US) - No, just that I hope you are taking the right decision for your family, sometimes moving back is not the best thing. (I was like thanks for the concern :) In my head - I dont want to convince one more person) 

Hope that helps!

(Forwarded Message. Check with SSA office before your move to India)

Bro , Nuvvu Vellava  , Kust now I saw same post in FB also ?? 

Ant how above info is useful . Thanks for sharing here 

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

Indians not eligible without GC and citizenship

GC vachinappati nundi 40points avvala? 
i guess manaki H1 lone start ayipotayi kda points, avvi kooda cover aytaya? 

5 minutes ago, bulreddy said:

no relation to gc for accumulating points

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bulreddy said:

Yes covered

• Upvote 1