H1b Kids.....

dasari4kntr

2 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

ikkadina ade karchu kada...college fees are too much no...? i am against working while studying...

200K to 300K ante way too expensive...many of us won't be able to afford.

1 minute ago, TrishaManiac said:

my kid is also India born....4 and half years old now. my PD is May 2017 EB2....looks like there is no option but return to India.

still you have lot of time to think about college bro...

1 minute ago, TrishaManiac said:

200K to 300K ante way too expensive...many of us won't be able to afford.

thats the average fee...AFAK...

some one correct me...who studied here...

1 minute ago, dasari4kntr said:

still you have lot of time to think about college bro...

agree....but time flies like anything and we have to plan way ahead...

1 minute ago, dasari4kntr said:

my research also shows the same...if it is a reputed college

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

200K-300K for 4 years?? are you sending him to Harvard or what for medical school?? 

Texas lo Year ki in state $12-$15K fees untadi.. total 50K for 4 years.. out of state is very expensive though , but there are ways to become in state after an year.. 

living expenses are the same everywhere.. so you will probably need $2K per month, some of which they can earn by doing part time… there is nothing wrong in doing part time as long as they are not working all day.. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dasari4kntr said:

H1b meeda vunna vallu (GC kosam wait chese vallu)...valla kids college vachhinappudu...200k-300k petti US lo chadivinchadam better aa..

or spend the same amount and send them to different country (canada or europe..etc) where they get better education and PR easily...

heard this idea from one friend...

Trends are changing faster, kids who are in middle school now may go to a university and most of them may well condolete the course but kids who haven’t even started going to elementary school now, I don’t think majority of them even will even go beyond high school. 

Going to a university to upskill themselves is an old fashioned idea and won’t go well with Gen Z+ kids. Maximum school tarvata edo oka course chestaru, medical school exception thapp miguta anninfields anthe

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

That’s a lot. May be your research is based on schools from north east. Most affordable universities ante Florida. Less than 10k per year. Inkaaa Oregon and Dakota states lo ayithe less than 8k sometimes. Also don’t forget that many schools offer assistantships and scholarships here. I studied my masters for free here. I had an assistantship from day 1. This holds true for most stem degrees. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

That’s a lot. May be your research is based on schools from north east. Most affordable universities ante Florida. Less than 10k per year. Inkaaa Oregon and Dakota states lo ayithe less than 8k sometimes. Also don’t forget that many schools offer assistantships and scholarships here. I studied my masters for free here. I had an assistantship from day 1. This holds true for most stem degrees. 

yes …my calculations based on Princeton university…54k per year…

8 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Trends are changing faster, kids who are in middle school now may go to a university and most of them may well condolete the course but kids who haven’t even started going to elementary school now, I don’t think majority of them even will even go beyond high school. 

Going to a university to UPA kilo themselves is an old fashioned idea and won’t go well with Gen Z+ kids. Maximum school tarvata edo oka course chestaru, medical school exception thapp miguta anninfields anthe

i forgot to mention there was recent article which shows there was a uptick in the college admissions unlike never before and believe this trend will continue, next gen kids knows the importance of going to college not only indians i am seeing it across communities

2 minutes ago, beerboy17 said:

i forgot to mention there was recent article which shows there was a uptick in the college admissions unlike never before and believe this trend will continue, next gen kids knows the importance of going to college not only indians i am seeing it across communities

That’s may be because there was solid 2-3 year break in regular admissions due to COVID, This could be a solid reason. The students who are joining today are the one’s born after 2005. But I’m taking about kids born after 2020…

1 hour ago, veerigadu said:

I could be wrong. But IMO GC is not a big issue for future generations. I don’t think many kids will marry Indian born desi spouses anyways. Especially if they go to school here. Marrying a girl from any country other than India can get them a GC. Through cross changeability. It doesn’t even have to be an American girl. 

Also, they may become managers at big firms and get it through eb1c.  We never know. They may become a researcher and get their GC through EB1. That’s another possibility 

Father and son can pool some money and invest in vonerica to get investor GC.

Lastly vonerica might revamp country quota for good. 

The Options are endless. It’s a matter of time and fate. 

Unfortunately most millineal  desis have restricted themselves to eb2 and eb3.

I don’t think generation Z kids will have that problem. But Let’s see. 

EB1 clog already start ayindi and by the time EB1 might see somewhere between 10 to 15 years. 

The likely scenario is to marry a girl from School/University if they have compatibility. 

46 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

yes..

my son born in india...

Send to India to do BTech in India. It is cheaper than here, you get similar jobs if you study in good Universities in India. 

14 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

yes …my calculations based on Princeton university…54k per year…

I know people working in Bay area for FAANG companies who studied in India and directly came here to work for FAANG. They spent about 20k rupees per year for college (this figure is about ten years ago). Ippudu perigi untundi, but still vadiki BTech tarvata $120k salary tho job ochindi. What is the advantage of going to Princeton and spending $300k?

2 minutes ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

Send to India to do BTech in India. It is cheaper than here, you get similar jobs if you study in good Universities in India. 

that will be a bad idea..bro…

indian educational system is 10x competitive than here…

naa team lo oka chinese pillodu vunnadu intern…vaadu china lo first konni years chadivi us ki vachhi tana studies continue chesadu…he told me…how is chinese education system and us education system….like chines system is just books, competition ..etc while us system is free and leasure more scope to creativity….

indian system is no different than chinese…kids who did there elementary, midd and high school cant  survive when they go back to india education system…