Indian kids need to be educated about food early

krishnaaa

So that we get quality food in Indian restaurants.

These kids when they grow up, eat all kinds of junk food. And these restaurants cater to them.

This makes it very problematic for any sane person to eat at Indian restaurant. 

Agree?

Correct. Most desi restaurants lo there’s barely anything healthy to choose. Chese foods Kuda chala greasy ga chestharu.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Kids need variety. My kids eat anything made at home no matter how good they are as long as they get diff variety daily. 

We make Indian, Thai (Green Curry, Basil chicken curry, Noodles, Fried rice), Mexican (Burrito, wraps, quesadillas, Burrito Bowl, Chinese, Sandwiches - Everything at home. 

Most of the base preparation or snacks we make using Air Fryer with less oil. Healthy eating. We do eat outside as well occasionally or usually when we are out shopping. 

avasarama nee inti ramayanam ikkada ? what are you trying to convey ? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

So that we get quality food in Indian restaurants.

These kids when they grow up, eat all kinds of junk food. And these restaurants cater to them.

This makes it very problematic for any sane person to eat at Indian restaurant. 

Agree?

Indian restaurants lo food atleast spicy and hot ga untundi. I personally dont like international cuisine

3 hours ago, pavanjagan said:

Indian restaurants lo food atleast spicy and hot ga untundi. I personally dont like international cuisine

You are used to that. These are bad habits taught by our elders.

If you keep trying international cuisines...take crushed red pepper or spicy sauce till you get accustomed, you won't touch Indian outside

59 minutes ago, krishnaaa said:

If you keep trying international cuisines...take crushed red pepper or spicy sauce till you get accustomed, you won't touch Indian outside

I feel its all bland

11 hours ago, TrishaManiac said:

Ikkada discuss chestundi andari illallo ramayanam ee kada?

I am trying to convey that home food is always good and kids need diff food but don't get them addicted to restaurant food.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

agree, manavallu vedi vedi rice thinali ani cheptaru kani andulone glucose % high untadi. maybe it worked for physical work in older generation. mana bodies ki not suited.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TrishaManiac said:

just curious by your question. neeku kids unnara bro?

unte ee question ni adagavu. I see those points are absolutely helpful.

• Like 1

Indian diet is not nutritious, it's a carb heavy diet and the reason for majority of desi kids growing up skinny. Adults become skinny fat with no muscle definition if they continue using that

need to incorporate lots of protein. Animal protein is way way better than plant protein

eat sautéd veggies for vitamins and minerals instead of putting in a curry(you don't eat the whole curry at once) 

nothing wrong in eating rice but it shouldn't be the whole meal

there's a reason bodybuilders eat chicken, rice and broccoli daily

• Upvote 1