Has anyone fully understood theory of relativity

Telugodura456

3 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

explain in few sentences. I am giving my understanding here. It is basically two things :

a) Speed of light is same everywhere and is finite. Now if you are in a bus holding a ball. For outsider the ball is going at bus speed. For you the ball is at zero speed.  But light speed is same. If you  switch a torch in bus and measure speed it is same and the guy outside measuring light speed will also find it same. Since speed is same and distances are obviously different - time interval is different for both. THis leads to time dilation and time as a  relative dimension and not absolute.

b) Gravity is caused by space bending.

Watch this ra 

3 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

explain in few sentences. I am giving my understanding here. It is basically two things :

a) Speed of light is same everywhere and is finite. Now if you are in a bus holding a ball. For outsider the ball is going at bus speed. For you the ball is at zero speed.  But light speed is same. If you  switch a torch in bus and measure speed it is same and the guy outside measuring light speed will also find it same. Since speed is same and distances are obviously different - time interval is different for both. THis leads to time dilation and time as a  relative dimension and not absolute.

there are two theories of relativity…

1. special theory of relativity which talks abt light speed being fixed in all reference frames. this leads to derivations which show time dilation and length contraction. if you are interested lookup the derivation of it, it’s just based on simple trigonometry

2. general theory of relativity…this says that mass bends or curves the space around it and smaller masses around heavier masses are forced to travel in that bent space.
For example if we see a stuntman riding a motorcycle round and round inside a well, the motorcycle is going straight, but the well is curved.

If the well’s wall was invisible like space, the motorcycle would look like it is going around the well, as if the center of the well is attracting it by gravity. So basically there is NO gravitational force, the curvature of spaces makes it appear like there is a force.

Simple to understand thought experiments given by Einstein leads to interesting deduction like light bends near heavy masses, gravitational time dilation, etc

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

This girl is 12th grader won $250K prize for explaining theory of relativity in simple terms 

She is in MIT now

i understood space relativity 

time relativity am not able to get it

its like magic

why does clock go slow at high speed ?

watch is physical thing it just ticks based on how atoms collide

why does clock tick slowly or may be sand clock 

10 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Yes but it still doesn't explain gravity 

There is nothing called gravity. it is the bending of space which gives illusion of gravity.

2 hours ago, futureofandhra said:

i understood space relativity 

time relativity am not able to get it

its like magic

why does clock go slow at high speed ?

watch is physical thing it just ticks based on how atoms collide

why does clock tick slowly or may be sand clock 

it is derived from the rule - speed of light is constant.

Again consider the experiment. You in a huge and smooth bus with no windows going at 100kmph holding a ball and someone standing on road. If you throw the ball forward at 10 kmph. For you the speed is only 10kmph ..bus looks steady to you as you are traveling with bus. But for outsider the speed of ball is 110 kmph - because the ball is 10kmph faster than bus.

But when it comes to light it is different. If you turn on a torch inside bus - you say light travels at speed x. Now the guy at ground does not see speed of light as 100 + x. it is still x. Now distances are different but speed is same. which means time interval is different for both.

For one time travels slowly(the guy outsode) - for other it is faster (the guy in bus)

17 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Again consider the experiment. You in a huge and smooth bus with no windows going at 100kmph holding a ball and someone standing on road. If you throw the ball forward at 10 kmph. For you the speed is only 10kmph ..bus looks steady to you as you are traveling with bus. But for outsider the speed of ball is 110 kmph - because the ball is 10kmph faster than bus.

But when it comes to light it is different. If you turn on a torch inside bus - you say light travels at speed x. Now the guy at ground does not see speed of light as 100 + x. it is still x. Now distances are different but speed is same. which means time interval is different for both.

For one time travels slowly(the guy outsode) - for other it is faster (the guy in bus)

time is how we measure it 

but for physical body?

11 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

Wrong. Speed of light is taken as constant because it’s large number like infinite 

the guy standing on side should say its x+100 where we round it to x because it’s too large 

ex: bus is traveling over the speed of light, then the guy standing on side will see torch light at 2x speed 

only issue is nothing travels at light speed so we take it as constant 

black holes have gravity which pulls light also 

1 hour ago, Gorantlamdhav said:

Wrong. Speed of light is taken as constant because it’s large number like infinite 

the guy standing on side should say its x+100 where we round it to x because it’s too large 

ex: bus is traveling over the speed of light, then the guy standing on side will see torch light at 2x speed 

LOL ..speed of light is a finite number and IS a constant. Not taken as a constant.

If bus is traveling at speed of light and he puts a torch on top of bus. Speed of light is still x to the guy at ground.

On 6/16/2023 at 8:19 PM, Telugodura456 said:

This difference between the speed of the bus and the speed from outside the bus is very minimal in comparison to the speech of the Earth and the speed of light. The difference in so miniscule that it hardly makes a difference. 

1 minute ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

This difference between the speed of the bus and the speed from outside the bus is very minimal in comparison to the speech of the Earth and the speed of light. The difference in so miniscule that it hardly makes a difference. 

It is a thought expierment ba. you can make the speed of bus half of speed of light. The results will be much more interesting .

On 6/16/2023 at 11:42 PM, dasari4kntr said:

i want to talk about this when i return back from my long weekend trip…however my understandings are pure idea oriented…

another thing i want to say is …newton created one gravitational formula…and Einstein came up with something new (may be advanced)…but today to send rockets to space still people are using Newton gravitational formulas…

this gravitation is mysterious and important subject…

Nope. Newton did not explain what is the reason behind gravitational force, although he postulated a hypothesis something like gravitons and stuff but even then it’s more of an argument rather than a proof. 

Not being able to explain the reason for the cause of gravity does not have anything to to with formulating an equation that depicts how gravitational forces works between two bodies, so Newtonian gravity still holds at least in the scale known to mankind. 

Einsteins brilliance lies in understanding what is the cause of Gravity. And it took an entire out of the box ( or in this case out of our generic common sense that mankind has been evolved with for millions of years ) approach to understand what is causing the gravity.

So while Newton’s theory of why gravity is proved wrong, his equations for calculating the gravity on a planetary scale still holds up. An analogy like finding out how rainbow is created does not have anything to do with concluding that rainbow gets created every time when there is a rainfall and sunshine. 

3 hours ago, Gorantlamdhav said:

It’s not taken as constant because we round it off 100+very very large number = very very large number. It is constant in all frames of reference as per Maxwells equations.

And it’s no where close to infinity by any means. Even on a Galaxy or Constellation scale, the speed of light is very very small, let alone comparing it on a universal scale or even infinity. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BabuDEVUDU said:

It’s not taken as constant because we round it off 100+very very large number = very very large number. It is constant in all frames of reference as per Maxwells equations.

And it’s no where close to infinity by any means. Even on a Galaxy or Constellation scale, the speed of light is very very small, let alone comparing it on a universal scale or even infinity. 

Ok I agree it’s finite large number, for the guy standing on side its 2x speed

@Telugodura456