if you have to go back and restart your IT career what will you pick?

Express_Raja

I'm thinking to change my career in IT, so far worked in very less productivity projects, coming from computer science background, almost forgot basic concepts but I'm confident that I can learn them back, I'm looking for suggestion which technology to pick to re-start my career from scratch. I'm looking for something that has less competition, but has high potential and longitivtiy in IT career for coming 10 years, For example if AI is hard to learn but has less competition and has growth for next 10 years, then I'm in. I'm also not a self learning person so need some 1:1/ real person coaching. any suggestions? 

IT la Less competition ani emi undadhu..

Ready to learn quickly....

Forget about trending technologies .. don't change tech's a lot.

pick one programming language.. like java or python..or anything you like.. just be VERY GOOD at it.... you can have a long career ..

8 minutes ago, cameraman said:

IT la Less competition ani emi undadhu..

Ready to learn quickly....

Forget about trending technologies .. don't change tech's a lot.

pick one programming language.. like java or python..or anything you like.. just be VERY GOOD at it.... you can have a long career ..

python tho Data Science ah? or vere jobs untaya with python?

1 minute ago, Express_Raja said:

python tho Data Science ah? or vere jobs untaya with python?

there can be N combinations bro...or just python developer 

31 minutes ago, Express_Raja said:

I'm thinking to change my career in IT, so far worked in very less productivity projects, coming from computer science background, almost forgot basic concepts but I'm confident that I can learn them back, I'm looking for suggestion which technology to pick to re-start my career from scratch. I'm looking for something that has less competition, but has high potential and longitivtiy in IT career for coming 10 years, For example if AI is hard to learn but has less competition and has growth for next 10 years, then I'm in. I'm also not a self learning person so need some 1:1/ real person coaching. any suggestions? 

testing

12 minutes ago, hydusguy said:

automation testing

ade bro give me some details like tools that will be used and any do you think its a good path and do you work on automation testing? 

31 minutes ago, praying said:

if given an opportunity, would go back to engg days where I have long ass time to study and gain knowledge, love dalo all in ones sadivi pass aithe knowledge em peruguddi, I wish I was smarter then, almost ippudu work chese tech annitiki akkade base storng ga vesukovachu...

what i am trying to say is gu… moosukuni sakkaga saduvukunta ani

lol ok agreed, but can't afford to buy time machine now, alternatives unte cheppu bro, age aaipotundi already late 30s, inka I feel like last chance to change my path and want to try seriously. 

The companies that use AI, ML and Data science in their businesses will flourish going forward. Marketing, Sales, pretty much everything is centered around analytics and taking the product to the consumer who will buy. 

Take for example, a few years back, we search for content for timepass like searching for something in youtube. Now, FB, Instagram, apple, etc companies bring content to us. I believe they know more about us than anyone else. 

Going by that, Analytics/Data Science/AI/ML will rule for next 20 yrs. If you want to make it less complex, get into Integration technologies like Boomi, SAP PI/PO, Informatica, Mulesoft, etc.

5 minutes ago, Express_Raja said:

ade bro give me some details like tools that will be used and any do you think its a good path and do you work on automation testing? 

selenium, UIPath, are pretty popular. But if you learn 1 its easy to learn and work on others. Even in interview you can mention that you have experience on 1 but can easily work on another. Concepts are same. 

Think about billing rates too. I am not sure the rates are high for automation testing.

If you want to change technology, go for Data Science. Plenty of opportunities. 

29 minutes ago, Express_Raja said:

lol ok agreed, but can't afford to buy time machine now, alternatives unte cheppu bro, age aaipotundi already late 30s, inka I feel like last chance to change my path and want to try seriously. 

Bro that was intended to myself, not you. Pick a tech you like bro, get trained and explore and risk anthe

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

The companies that use AI, ML and Data science in their businesses will flourish going forward. Marketing, Sales, pretty much everything is centered around analytics and taking the product to the consumer who will buy. 

Take for example, a few years back, we search for content for timepass like searching for something in youtube. Now, FB, Instagram, apple, etc companies bring content to us. I believe they know more about us than anyone else. 

Going by that, Analytics/Data Science/AI/ML will rule for next 20 yrs. If you want to make it less complex, get into Integration technologies like Boomi, SAP PI/PO, Informatica, Mulesoft, etc.

good suggestion bro thanks

2 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

forget about SAP po/pi....replace it with SAP CPI

• Upvote 1