Sinus problem

Konebhar6

31 minutes ago, pichhipullayya said:

flonase generic is cheaper.. Sensimist is costly , alage inkoka 2-3 brands unnai Nascort adi idi ani...basic gaa anni NAsal steroids ee

India lo doctors vipareetam gaa anti biotics + centrizine ichhe vallu...vati kanna ee nasal steroids baane pani chestunnai for last 3-4 yrs..

@gothamprince Side effects emaina unte cheppu bhayya ee sprays ki..

nasal corticosteroid sprays are major stay of treatment for chronic sinusitis which includes fluticasone,budesonise, mometasone etc

some patients require use of antibiotics in the beginning of therapy and during acute exacerbations for secondary bacterial infections due to obstruction

there are no major side affects but while applying sprays don't point the tip towards the septum which may cause irritation and bleeding and always make sure the nose is slightly pointed down so that spray won't reach the throat

if nasal sprays are not effective then nasal drops of crticosteroids can be tried

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2023 at 12:41 AM, Sixers said:

Few days sugary food, coffee tea avoid chesi chudu.

You are bang on...One of friend came to US from India and got sweets. I don't have a sweet tooth but ate a few in evening and next day morning had sinus issue and immediately remembered your comment..

I may have to keep track of even small sugar intake and see how its impacting me....

BTW did you mean to say avoid coffee/tea altogether or because of sugar? I do take green tea/black tea without sugar.

1 minute ago, Konebhar6 said:

You are bang on...One of friend came to US from India and got sweets. I don't have a sweet tooth but ate a few in evening and next day morning had sinus issue and immediately remembered your comment..

I may have to keep track of even small sugar intake and see how its impacting me....

BTW did you mean to say avoid coffee/tea altogether or because of sugar? I do take green tea/black tea without sugar.

Green tea ok bhayya. Sugars in general avoid cheyali oka age tharuvaatha. Mind super clear avuthundi complete ga manesthe.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/479053-sugars-effects-on-the-sinuses/

6 minutes ago, Sixers said:

Green tea ok bhayya. Sugars in general avoid cheyali oka age tharuvaatha. Mind super clear avuthundi complete ga manesthe.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/479053-sugars-effects-on-the-sinuses/

Thank you for the article and the advise. It makes complete sense. I agree reducing carbs and avoiding sugars is good for body.