New York restaurants - suggestions please

hunkyfunky2

@dasari4kntr or other NJ/NY folks 

Need not be upscale - indian or any cuisine with vegetarian options. Looking for hidden gems and usual popular ones 😄.

Planning a 3 day trip - only plan is to eat, roam around, drink , eat and repeat.

26 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Need not be upscale - indian or any cuisine with vegetarian options. Looking for hidden gems and usual popular ones 😄.

Planning a 3 day trip - only plan is to eat, roam around, drink , eat and repeat.

ee maps follow aipo...

a small correction in NJ map...in edison...it is showing gujarati food...but it is actually both south and north india food...

gave you the NYC map also...

ca05f778777ff3ab835a711733010579.jpg

NYFood.gif

NYFood3S.gif

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

apart from food...if you are planning for NYC..i can give some suggestions...

Yes sir. I want to spend time between eating 😄 .. jokes aside, I didn't see NY as tourist in last 15 years. Visited many times though.

Want to be a prepared tourist this time - staying at friends place in NJ- go there by metro, use Uber to commute and come back late night. For 3 days 

21 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Saw the menu... Overpriced by the looks of it

surprisingly they are serving andhra curry btw lol

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Yes sir. I want to spend time between eating 😄 .. jokes aside, I didn't see NY as tourist in last 15 years. Visited many times though.

Want to be a prepared tourist this time - staying at friends place in NJ- go there by metro, use Uber to commute and come back late night. For 3 days 

take nyc pass... https://newyorkpass.com/en-us

- open top city bus tour...

- ferry boat tour... (look for  Brooklyn bridge  and liberty statue tour in this route and dinner..etc)

- city watch from sky scraper (four popular choices like WTC, empire state, vanderbilt skyline, edge sky bloom....sunrise or sunset are preferable...) 

- Central Park - (take bike rentals and roam around in central park and if you are lucky..there will be some events as well)

- to capture city people and street events and candid movements - timesquare, hudson yards, battery park

apart from all the above...plenty of museums, zoo and shows... (some popular museums are free if you come on first weekend of month with bank of america card)

or if you want to visit temples...there is one famous temple in flushing , queens...and plenty in new jersey...

or if you want to spend time in sea beaches....sandyhook and some long island beaches...

or you want better indian food... visit oak tree road in central jersey...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

it will take you 6.4 years if you eat in one different restaurant everyday yes-avunu.gif 

1 hour ago, dasari4kntr said:

take nyc pass... https://newyorkpass.com/en-us

- open top city bus tour...

- ferry boat tour... (look for  Brooklyn bridge  and liberty statue tour in this route and dinner..etc)

- city watch from sky scraper (four popular choices like WTC, empire state, vanderbilt skyline, edge sky bloom....sunrise or sunset are preferable...) 

- Central Park - (take bike rentals and roam around in central park and if you are lucky..there will be some events as well)

- to capture city people and street events and candid movements - timesquare, hudson yards, battery park

apart from all the above...plenty of museums, zoo and shows... (some popular museums are free if you come on first weekend of month with bank of america card)

or if you want to visit temples...there is one famous temple in flushing , queens...and plenty in new jersey...

or if you want to spend time in sea beaches....sandyhook and some long island beaches...

or you want better indian food... visit oak tree road in central jersey...

Thanks! 

Bank of America credit or debit card also works ? 

I saw central park, empire state building.

Will try edge this time! 

Just now, hunkyfunky2 said:

Thanks! 

Bank of America credit or debit card also works ? 

I saw central park, empire state building.

Will try edge this time! 

yea any card from bofa works…

search for “museum on us”…its first weekend of every month…