Housing Market Status

krishnaaa

Demand for houses fell by a lot.

But due to low inventory and seasonality, it feels like there is housing shortage.

But lot of inventory is in pipeline and investors buying 30% of new inventory as well.

High interest rates for longer, record level of multi family construction, more layoffs, credit crunch, student loans reinstatement in September etc would lead to decline in rents.

This would lead to investor selling and increase in inventory and even more reduced demand.

So, sit tight for end of year or Q1 2024.

13 minutes ago, krishnaaa said:

But due to low inventory and seasonality, it feels like there is housing shortage.

But lot of inventory is in pipeline and investors buying 30% of new inventory as well.

High interest rates for longer, record level of multi family construction, more layoffs, credit crunch, student loans reinstatement in September etc would lead to decline in rents.

This would lead to investor selling and increase in inventory and even more reduced demand.

More like stagnant market.. low inventory is here to stay. No one wanted to give up low interest rates in this crappy market

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, krishnaaa said:

Sit tight sit tight antunnaru … akkademo rates (house and interest ) tho seat kalipothundi  🔥 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, krishnaaa said:

yee city lo observe chesavoo kuda cheppu uncle...

22 minutes ago, krishnaaa said:

Thanks @Sonu_Patel 

24 minutes ago, bandababu said:

new home buyers ki bad news. investors are snatching up all the new builds and renting them out. 

ya, whole market is f*ucked up

32 minutes ago, bandababu said:

new home buyers ki bad news. investors are snatching up all the new builds and renting them out. 

They will be the first ones to bail after rent drops.

Xxxx I'm sorry we didn't get that property in xxxx.  I thought it was a good choice.   But it's that kind of market and we have to work with it.

———-

That’s the message this morning from realtor…. still selling at 10% above the listing price…

15 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Xxxx I'm sorry we didn't get that property in xxxx.  I thought it was a good choice.   But it's that kind of market and we have to work with it.

———-

That’s the message this morning from realtor…. still selling at 10% above the listing price…

location?

Don’t expect old houses to be on market any time soon … 80% of old houses are locked in with 0% fed rates .. even if 10% from the remaining 20% are in market you will still not see any fall in prices …Housing prices will stay put for an extended period of time. You will not see an increase or decrease for 5-7 years that is my 2 cents. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hitman said:

———-

It's buying season now with low inventory.

Read my original post again.

1 hour ago, krishnaaa said:

*=:

• Thanks 1