My husband lost his job and I'm considering leaving him.

JaiBalayyaaa

My husband is a plastic surgeon, and he previously made 500-700k a year with bonuses at his practice. He was recently let go due to covid reducing plastic surgery patient load.

He's a doctor and has only been able to find general practice work. His highest offer has been 250k and he's considering accepting the offer.

I know we need money but I don't want him to get used to working a low salary and not working hard to get back up to the mid 6's that we accustomed.

He used to give me a 10k a month allowance which has now been slashed to 3k. I had to stop getting my nails, hair and salon services. My monthly shopping has been reduced significantly. I know he might recover, but he might not, and I also know my worth and what I am accustomed.

I feel just gross having to accept this sort of lifestyle. I know there are other men at his old practice that clear more than 500k a year and there's no reason I can't get one of those men. We don't have kids yet, and I just don't want to settle for some loser with mediocre ambitions.

What should I do? I'm afraid if I leave him too soon I might find myself in a even more difficult place. Please advise. (I know I am a mod here, but even I need advice also.)

1 minute ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

My husband is a plastic surgeon, and he previously made 500-700k a year with bonuses at his practice. He was recently let go due to covid reducing plastic surgery patient load.

He's a doctor and has only been able to find general practice work. His highest offer has been 250k and he's considering accepting the offer.

I know we need money but I don't want him to get used to working a low salary and not working hard to get back up to the mid 6's that we accustomed.

He used to give me a 10k a month allowance which has now been slashed to 3k. I had to stop getting my nails, hair and salon services. My monthly shopping has been reduced significantly. I know he might recover, but he might not, and I also know my worth and what I am accustomed.

I feel just gross having to accept this sort of lifestyle. I know there are other men at his old practice that clear more than 500k a year and there's no reason I can't get one of those men. We don't have kids yet, and I just don't want to settle for some loser with mediocre ambitions.

What should I do? I'm afraid if I leave him too soon I might find myself in a even more difficult place. Please advise. (I know I am a mod here, but even I need advice also.)

Shut all holes and MG manu -simple advice

10 minutes ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

ambitious 

30 minutes ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

Ekada posted? link pls, so we can read replies too. 

59 minutes ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

Tinder Swindler says Hi...I am interested.